LaunchBox Community Forums

10.15-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

14 minutes ago, Krakerman said:

I see the new win 10 2004 update is available now but not sure I should update since been hearing a lot of issues. Any issues with it regarding LaunchBox/BigBox?

I'm running 2004 here with no issues, but 2004 does have issues on certain hardware combos. Having said that, if you update and notice any problems, just roll back to the previous release of Windows. Make a backup first! :)

• Like 1

• Jason Carr unpinned this topic
  • 6 months later...
On 5/2/2020 at 11:45 AM, Jason Carr said:

You're saying the install runs and completes while Big Box is running? That should make the install fail if Big Box is running in the background, because it won't be able to copy the files. Confused here.

As far as I'm aware, the latest beta should fix any issues with Big Box not closing. If you're still seeing that issue, can you send me a debug log?

There are actually many more third party stores, not just Rockstar unfortunately. There's Blizzard, Humble Bundle, and a bunch of other stores that I'm forgetting about for right now. We may add them eventually, yes, but there's so many of them that "for completeness" feels impossible unfortunately.

Yes, LaunchBox saves XMLs for a bit after closing the window, so do make it sure you give it time to do that before killing the process, or you may end up with corrupted data. We're hoping that any closing issues have been solved with these betas though. If not, please send me a debug log.

I see. I'm not sure if our installer has a solution for that or not. I'll put it on the list.

Long time problem for me as I have an m.2 and several portable launchbox setups on external drives and the old school/ocd in me makes my feel warm and fuzzy when launchbox is installed to the root of the drive named launchbox.  Been manual updating since about version 7 or 8.