LaunchBox Community Forums

10.15-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

1 minute ago, C-Beats said:

Have to install and launch Uplay and log into it. We read the registry values Uplay generates to determine what games you have available. There is no SSO screen like Epic or Origin have. Another thing to note is that we do not display games that simply point to a Steam launch path. If all your Uplay games are games from your Steam library the import wouldn't find any.

I’m at a loss. I’m running Uplay as we speak and none of the games were bought on Steam. 

What else could it be? 

2 minutes ago, Thornback said:

I’m at a loss. I’m running Uplay as we speak and none of the games were bought on Steam. 

What else could it be? 

Have you ever installed any of the games? I can tell you what Registry paths we look for/at if you feel comfortable perusing those as well. I would close Uplay and reopen, and then do the same for LaunchBox, just in case the close action is when they update the reg keys.

3 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Have you ever installed any of the games? I can tell you what Registry paths we look for/at if you feel comfortable perusing those as well. I would close Uplay and reopen, and then do the same for LaunchBox, just in case the close action is when they update the reg keys.

Currently have 4 games installed. Restarted both Uplay and LB to no avail.

I suppose registry paths are my only option now.

10 minutes ago, Thornback said:

What else could it be? 

Also if you turn on debug logging and run the Uplay import logs should say if/when it can't find something. Would be worth reading those as well.

3 minutes ago, Thornback said:

Currently have 4 games installed. Restarted both Uplay and LB to no avail.

I suppose registry paths are my only option now.

Turn on debug logging and try one more time then PM me the log. See what I can do to help ya.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Krakerman said:

Thanks for the lastest update guys!

Just a quick mention .... why is it when we right click and see list of all the additional apps we have assigned to any game? Can you just add an option to not see those when you right click.

In my case I have multiple programs and only maybe 1 of those would be useful to see or use when I right click as it's a pdf but the others are for when LB runs the game and would not want to launch them from right clicking on the game.

Thanks again guys!

We can consider adding an option to hide the auto-run additional apps. Is that what you mean?

24 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

We can consider adding an option to hide the auto-run additional apps. Is that what you mean?

Yes if possible with the options to select which ones to hide if you have multiple as some may want to show while others not.

Thanks Jason!

Edited by Krakerman
  • Like 1

I am still getting hard/quick crashes to the desktop randomly - latest build. I am left without being able to see my cursor, as if BigBox is still running. But task manager says nothings running. Pain in the ass when it happens; pretty much have to fumble through menus without being able to see the cursor, and restart to get cursor back.

Attached log.

Debug 2020-05-20 07-58-47 PM.log

5 minutes ago, ItchyRobot said:

I am still getting hard/quick crashes to the desktop randomly - latest build. I am left without being able to see my cursor, as if BigBox is still running. But task manager says nothings running. Pain in the ass when it happens; pretty much have to fumble through menus without being able to see the cursor, and restart to get cursor back.

Attached log.

Debug 2020-05-20 07-58-47 PM.log 3.56 kB · 0 downloads

I'm noticing some weird stuff in that log file, the weirdest being "Application identity is not set". All I can figure is that that would be caused by a plugin. Are you using any plugins? What theme are you running?

On 5/19/2020 at 2:03 PM, mcfilmmakers said:

I just updated. The sorting columns text disappears every one in a while in Launchbox. Not sure why. Changing platforms fixes the issue.

Capture.JPG

Unfortunately my best guess is that this is somehow related to the data weirdness you have going on. I haven't seen this elsewhere.

5 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

I'm noticing some weird stuff in that log file, the weirdest being "Application identity is not set". All I can figure is that that would be caused by a plugin. Are you using any plugins? What theme are you running?

I am not aware of running any plugins. Is there a way for me to check?
I am using the Unified Refried theme, which I see has a Plugin folder with files in it.

14 minutes ago, ItchyRobot said:

I am not aware of running any plugins. Is there a way for me to check?
I am using the Unified Refried theme, which I see has a Plugin folder with files in it.

Turns out I'm getting the same errors if I run Unified Refried. Those errors may be nothing, but maybe not. Not sure. I'll do some stability testing with Unified Refried. In the mean time, it would be helpful to know if you have stability issues with other themes.

12 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Turns out I'm getting the same errors if I run Unified Refried. Those errors may be nothing, but maybe not. Not sure. I'll do some stability testing with Unified Refried. In the mean time, it would be helpful to know if you have stability issues with other themes.

I was having pause issues with Colorful theme, and you recommended trying another theme because of that known plugin issue. I switched to Unified Refried and that seems to have eliminated the pause screen issue, but brought up this crash issue. I like both themes and would love to use both, but can not in their current conditions. Do you have a theme you recommend to try? ... I just messed around in Default for about 15 minutes without issue.

2 minutes ago, ItchyRobot said:

I was having pause issues with Colorful theme, and you recommended trying another theme because of that known plugin issue. I switched to Unified Refried and that seems to have eliminated the pause screen issue, but brought up this crash issue. I like both themes and would love to use both, but can not in their current conditions. Do you have a theme you recommend to try? ... I just messed around in Default for about 15 minutes without issue.

Interesting. I know the Unified and Unified Redux themes are perfectly stable, but I was under the impression that Unified Refried was too. In fact, everything in the themes manager should be stable. Are you using WMP or VLC for your video playback engine?

1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

Interesting. I know the Unified and Unified Redux themes are perfectly stable, but I was under the impression that Unified Refried was too. In fact, everything in the themes manager should be stable. Are you using WMP or VLC for your video playback engine?

VLC