LaunchBox Community Forums

11.9 Beta Testing

Jason Carr

22 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Yes, the full-set MAME importer will not work if you don't choose an actual version of MAME for the emulator. I just realized that it also won't work with the MAME core in Retroarch, so it looks like we need to do something about that.

Would this help?

https://github.com/libretro/mame2003-libretro/pull/348

I don't really use retroarch so I can't say for sure but I hope it leads to something useful.

Found a glitch on update window...

I opened Launchbox, selected a game and opened the edit window. Then went into additional apps and clicked to edit an app.

That's when the popup to ask if I wanted to install the update appeared.

Rather than click Yes or No or close the popup, I wanted to finish what I was doing in the additional app-edit application window and then install the update, so I simply clicked on the additional app-edit application window.

I was able to edit the application command-line parameters as I intended to do but then none of the buttons was responsive. Can't select OK or Cancel and can't close the window with the X on the top right.

Because the update popup is considered as belonging to the main launchbox window rather than it's own, I can't return to the popup, which is what I know the edit application window is not responding for.

Only way out is to ctrl+alt+del and force quit Launchbox.

HUGE BUG
After updating to 11.9 Launchbox thinks that all my games have 0 images.

However, the images in the launchbox folders are still there. You don't immediately notice but go into the edit window in the images section and it shows 0/0 or press F5 and the images disappear.

When adding new images, Launchbox isn't recognizing those either.

capture1.jpg

capture2.jpg

capture3.jpg

Edited by mcfilmmakers

Hold up... this seems to only be happening in this one platform... I wonder why. Might have something to do with the update issue I mentioned earlier? I was editing in this platform at the time. I'm thinking having to force quit might have corrupted something...

Importing a backup doesn't resolve the problem though.

Edited by mcfilmmakers

On 1/24/2021 at 8:34 AM, RULLUR said:

Not sure if this is already in as a feature or it's something I overlooked, but is there a way to update and replace media only to certain Platforms or games in sort of a Bulk Edit way instead of doing the entire Library of Games for every Platform? I had my ThinkCentre on for over a week as it replaced media to what it thought was the best sizing and all where it gave me nearly 100,000+ Errors in the lower right until it crashed towards the end while testing some Homebrews with Redream. This of course was before I updated to the latest Beta a few minutes ago before typing this up.

As a result, I now have games with incomplete media, or stuff that looks messed up from not downloading correctly or have media with the wrong Regions put with them. Hopefully next time I try to update my media I don't have to wait forever to have at most the games being named correctly while things that I even Uploaded and made to the Games DB didn't come through for some odd reason. Seems like it didn't matter what Region a title belonged to, the Import process felt that Game Cover or whatever media it is was the better quality and size to where you may get a Japanese Front Cover with a European Clear Logo with your American game, which also I know complicates matter that we have many entries in our Database that kinda agree what is "United States" and what is "North America". I hope somehow we can better sort the Database so things can be more accurate and less time consuming with frustration to go over again and again in hopes to not get errors while importing or updating media for the tons of games one may have in their collection.

I use the Audit Tool Tools-> Audit "platform" of your choice. Select the games you want to download media content then right-click and select "Download Metadata and Media..."

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, RULLUR said:

Did the Games DB crash or what?

image.thumb.png.2c2b5be5de5e3769671c9a16eb07a0e4.png

Looking that way, I had LB downloading meta data and it has been running all night, since I got notified about your post, I just checked LB and it is erroring on every image it is trying to download now. That really sucks, now another 12 hours to run it again....lol

19 hours ago, mcfilmmakers said:

Would this help?

https://github.com/libretro/mame2003-libretro/pull/348

I don't really use retroarch so I can't say for sure but I hope it leads to something useful.

It's hard to say. It looks like they added it to the Retroarch menu at least, but it's not useful for the importer unless it's accessible from the command-line.

11 hours ago, mcfilmmakers said:

Found a glitch on update window...

I opened Launchbox, selected a game and opened the edit window. Then went into additional apps and clicked to edit an app.

That's when the popup to ask if I wanted to install the update appeared.

Rather than click Yes or No or close the popup, I wanted to finish what I was doing in the additional app-edit application window and then install the update, so I simply clicked on the additional app-edit application window.

I was able to edit the application command-line parameters as I intended to do but then none of the buttons was responsive. Can't select OK or Cancel and can't close the window with the X on the top right.

Because the update popup is considered as belonging to the main launchbox window rather than it's own, I can't return to the popup, which is what I know the edit application window is not responding for.

Only way out is to ctrl+alt+del and force quit Launchbox.

Yeah, this should be rare, but Windows doesn't handle those situations very well all the time. The update check only happens on startup, so it should only be a thing if you rush into something right away while it's still scanning for updates. I don't really have a solution for it other than to just not use a popup for it at all and replace the whole UI.

HUGE BUG
After updating to 11.9 Launchbox thinks that all my games have 0 images.

However, the images in the launchbox folders are still there. You don't immediately notice but go into the edit window in the images section and it shows 0/0 or press F5 and the images disappear.

When adding new images, Launchbox isn't recognizing those either.

capture1.jpg

capture2.jpg

capture3.jpg

Hold up... this seems to only be happening in this one platform... I wonder why. Might have something to do with the update issue I mentioned earlier? I was editing in this platform at the time. I'm thinking having to force quit might have corrupted something...

Importing a backup doesn't resolve the problem though.

If it's only affecting the one platform, then my guess is maybe that the media folder path changed somehow for that platform? If you edit the platform, are the folder paths correct?

2 hours ago, RULLUR said:

Did the Games DB crash or what?

image.thumb.png.2c2b5be5de5e3769671c9a16eb07a0e4.png

2 hours ago, Wanderer189 said:

Looking that way, I had LB downloading meta data and it has been running all night, since I got notified about your post, I just checked LB and it is erroring on every image it is trying to download now. That really sucks, now another 12 hours to run it again....lol

2 hours ago, Wanderer189 said:

It must have came back up, I got 200+ errors but it is downloading again and site is reachable now.

Sorry for that; my server provider was fixing an issue last night. Looks like it was down for about a half hour.

With the Amazon importer, when I launch a game that isn't installed, I get a message from the Amazon app to launch the installer.  When I click yes, it doesn't do anything.  I have to navigate to the game myself to actually install.

I take it that this is a problem with Amazon's app, correct?  Not handling launch URLs at it should?

Just now, crispy4000 said:

With the Amazon importer, when I launch a game that isn't installed, I get a message from the Amazon app to launch the installer.  When I click yes, it doesn't do anything.  I have to navigate to the game myself to actually install.

I take it that this is a problem with Amazon's app, correct?  Not handling launch URLs at it should?

Yeah i have seen the same actually as well.

1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

It's hard to say. It looks like they added it to the Retroarch menu at least, but it's not useful for the importer unless it's accessible from the command-line.

Yeah, this should be rare, but Windows doesn't handle those situations very well all the time. The update check only happens on startup, so it should only be a thing if you rush into something right away while it's still scanning for updates. I don't really have a solution for it other than to just not use a popup for it at all and replace the whole UI.

If it's only affecting the one platform, then my guess is maybe that the media folder path changed somehow for that platform? If you edit the platform, are the folder paths correct?

You were right. But I never went into that screen... glad to know its not irreparable though!

2 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

Seems that way. I'm not sure how we could fix the problem, so it seems to be an issue with the Amazon app.

Just now, Jason Carr said:

What were the folder paths supposed to be, and what were they changed to?

They were supposed to be /Images/FM Towns and were changed to Images/FM Towns CD. All of the folders switched to the the FM Towns CD path, except videos for some reason.

I do have a separate FM Towns CD platform. The paths in that folder remained correct.

11 minutes ago, mcfilmmakers said:

They were supposed to be /Images/FM Towns and were changed to Images/FM Towns CD. All of the folders switched to the the FM Towns CD path, except videos for some reason.

I do have a separate FM Towns CD platform. The paths in that folder remained correct.

Did you do any edits to those platforms recently? The only possible way I can think of that those paths would have changed is if the platform was modified with the Edit Platform dialog.

2 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Did you do any edits to those platforms recently? The only possible way I can think of that those paths would have changed is if the platform was modified with the Edit Platform dialog.

Nope. When the update window glitch happened, I was editing a game inside the FM Towns platform. I spent most of the day creating clear logos for the platform so I only ever was pressing F5 to refresh the window every once in a while. When the glitch happened,  I force quit, reopened launchbox and applied the update. Once the update was done, the platform image folders were all reassigned to FM Towns CD.

I never went into the edit platform window except the fix the issue after you mentioned it.

Edited by mcfilmmakers

Just now, mcfilmmakers said:

Nope. When the update window glitch happened, I was editing a game inside the FM Towns platform. I force quit, reopened launchbox and applied the update. Once the update was done, the platform image folders were all reassigned to FM Towns CD.

I never went into the edit platform window except the fix the issue after you mentioned it.

What is Scrape As set to on that platform?