LaunchBox Community Forums

11.9 Beta Testing

Jason Carr

In 11.9.Beta 1 and 2 when importing the games, these are not added all, only a few ignoring duplicates.

For example. I have this in Spectrum:

N.O.M.A.D. (1986) (Erbe Software) [re-release]
N.O.M.A.D. (1986) (Ocean)

With 11.9.Beta 1 and 2, even marking the option of "Force Importing Duplicate Games" and on the next screen with the list of games (Ready to Import), they all appear there, but when importing them, it skips them leaving only 1 of they. With 11.8 this does not happen.

Another thing is that the options when importing, before almost all came out in Spanish and now they come out in English, which is strange, because in principle they are the same texts, something was modified there and it could be the problem that not all the games matter .

Thank you.

Edited by ToniBC
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Thanks for all the testing and feedback guys. Beta 2 is out now with the following:

• Startup performance improvements

it maybe increase the startup performance but because of many many playlists I assume that I cannot feel any improvements at all ? 

1 hour ago, ToniBC said:

Another thing is that the options when importing, before almost all came out in Spanish and now they come out in English, which is strange, because in principle they are the same texts, something was modified there and it could be the problem that not all the games matter .

The imports were overhauled and moved from WinForm to WPF, because of that they have not yet been re-localized. This will be corrected before we release the final version.

23 minutes ago, Chris Kant said:

it maybe increase the startup performance but because of many many playlists I assume that I cannot feel any improvements at all ? 

That change was to logic introduced in Beta 1 release, if you were experiencing slow downs in 11.8 this change wouldn't affect that.

1 hour ago, C-Beats said:

That change was to logic introduced in Beta 1 release, if you were experiencing slow downs in 11.8 this change wouldn't affect that.

not sure if I understood you completely but I have a slow down since ages and the reason was explained by Jason that I have too many playlists and automated playlists that needs to build up during startup.

4 minutes ago, Chris Kant said:

not sure if I understood you completely but I have a slow down since ages and the reason was explained by Jason that I have too many playlists and automated playlists that needs to build up during startup.

Right. I'm just stating that the improvements were only from 11.9-beta1 and that anything already causing a slowdown in 11.8 was not affected. So in your case you should still be similar speeds to were in 11.8 but faster than you were in 11.9-beta1 because we didn't add logic that would increase the load speed of your playlists (for example)

The same steps as in 11.8, that is, import roms, select the folder, platform, covers, etc ... then check the box of "Force Importing Duplicate Games" and as I said before, the list with all the roms that contains the folder, but then it only imports 1, skipping the rest, it doesn't leave them as alternates or anything, it just doesn't matter, only 1 when you see similar names. These same steps in 11.8 works without problems.

8 minutes ago, ToniBC said:

The same steps as in 11.8, that is, import roms, select the folder, platform, covers, etc ... then check the box of "Force Importing Duplicate Games" and as I said before, the list with all the roms that contains the folder, but then it only imports 1, skipping the rest, it doesn't leave them as alternates or anything, it just doesn't matter, only 1 when you see similar names. These same steps in 11.8 works without problems.

Thanks. Was not sure what steps you took in 11.8 and since roms can be imported in a multitude of ways (drag and drop, file select, folder scan) it is good to know the specific method you are using. So the issue is when you use the Scan Folder option.

16 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

@ToniBC on "Custom Options" pages what options are you selecting?

I put a video for you to see the problem better, the first part is with Launchbox 11.8, where the 9 games that are contained in the folder are imported without problems, either by selecting the folder or the files.

The second part is with the 11.9 Beta that, with the same steps, selecting the folder or the individual files, which are 9, only import 3 of them.

Also scanning the folder happens the same.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pixel said:

Strangely enough, I have just completely stopped using the built-in importer and decided to use external tools to import any games. What a coincidence xD 

Just for anyone else who happens to read this unrelated comment, FYI, we've been having issues lately with external tools corrupting LaunchBox data and causing issues for people on the forums. So if you do use external tools, make a backup first and check to make sure whatever tool you're using isn't causing data issues.

Origin Import is still crashing for me.

Sequence contains no matching element

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 11.9-beta-2
Type:    System.InvalidOperationException
Site:    Void ThrowNoMatchException()
Source:  System.Linq

at System.Linq.ThrowHelper.ThrowNoMatchException()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Integrations.Origin.OriginAccount.GetOwnedGames()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.OriginImportAccountParseViewModel.NewTransformerError()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.PrepareAdvisableConsumer(Object )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.CheckInvalidBridge()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Recent Log:

7:28:17 AM Exception

Beta 3 is out now with the following:

• New Feature: The MAME full-set importer is now MAME-version agnostic and will work much better with older or bleeding-edge MAME releases (manual MAME updates on the LaunchBox server are no longer required)

• The Amazon/Twitch importer will now download backgrounds and screenshots from Amazon

• Fixed some issues with importing Amazon/Twitch games as additional apps (combining them in)

• Fixed some Origin import issues

• Adding some further logging for Origin imports to help address any further issues that come up

• Fixed the ROM import issue reported above

• Fixed a rare threading error with multi-threaded downloads

Let us know if you run into any other bugs with this release. Also, some details on the new MAME import features. The MAME import process uses the following five resources in order to compile and combine all the data necessary for the importer:

The four ini files above are all included by the LaunchBox setup process and are installed to LaunchBox\ThirdParty\MAME. These four files can be manually updated with newer or older versions as needed. The current versions are for the latest version of MAME (0.227). In the future, we may try to implement automatic upgrades for these files, but for the most part they should work fine with different versions of MAME. The worst case is that newer games for the latest versions of MAME may be missing some metadata (such as genres, number of players, etc.) unless the files are manually updated.

The MAME.xml file contains the majority of the data required for the import, and is automatically generated from MAME every time the full-set importer is run (so it automatically matches the correct version of MAME).

• Like 7

On 1/19/2021 at 3:32 PM, Thornback said:

Not able to test myself until later.

joke/Hmm, can't you test yourself whenever you want?/joke In all honesty though, I can't download the beta, because it says that something is still using LaunchBox, and to either try agia, or download it here, but, is there a way for owners to download without using their eMail? For the sake of time, I'll download it the regular way, but there must be an easier solution.