LaunchBox Community Forums

11.9 Beta Testing

Jason Carr

I don't really know about anyone else, but when I go to Tools/Download Metadata and Media... I still get some incorrect entries with Artwork even when I have it Replace everything. Seems even things I Uploaded that got Voted in all the way aren't Downloading correctly, even if I just Edit a title on its own I still get older entries that Download instead of the newer stuff.

I go to look at the Games DB and see the newer entries are there in full, but don't seem to Download. Like if Uploaded a Background at a better quality in replacement of one, then I'll for some odd reason get the old Background when I Download, even after that new Background was voted in all the way to the Games DB. Makes me wonder what's up with that, or even how long it changes over even though I can clearly see the new stuff in the Games DB yet the old stuff that is no longer in the Games DB that way are coming through as a Download

Edited by RULLUR
  • Like 2

On 1/30/2021 at 4:42 PM, RULLUR said:

I don't really know about anyone else, but when I go to Tools/Download Metadata and Media... I still get some incorrect entries with Artwork even when I have it Replace everything. Seems even things I Uploaded that got Voted in all the way aren't Downloading correctly, even if I just Edit a title on its own I still get older entries that Download instead of the newer stuff.

New stuff that just got approved won't work its way into LaunchBox downloads until:

1. The server updates the LaunchBox metadata during a nightly operation
  2. The LaunchBox app downloads new metadata

Therefore, it could take up to a full day before you'll receive the changes in the LaunchBox app (and even then you'll need to force downloading updated metadata to make sure that the changes are downloaded).

• Thanks 1

@wallmachine That's just because there's not enough space to display everything with that resolution. Even at 100% scaling, 840 pixels wide isn't quite large enough.

On 1/29/2021 at 12:43 PM, mcfilmmakers said:

Deleting emulators doesn't seem to work? I can delete them in Launchbox but on restart, they reappear...

There may be some funky things going on with your data files, unfortunately. I know we've seen some similar things in the past. I can take a look if you zip up and PM me your data files.

5 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

@wallmachine That's just because there's not enough space to display everything with that resolution. Even at 100% scaling, 840 pixels wide isn't quite large enough.

There may be some funky things going on with your data files, unfortunately. I know we've seen some similar things in the past. I can take a look if you zip up and PM me your data files.

Upon further testing, deleting the emulator from the Managre Emulators window works.

The issue was happening because I was trying to delete the emulator from the edit games window.

• Like 1

Hello, I put here an error that is present in 11.9 and that is that, when you import roms by dragging and dropping them in the application, if there are several with similar names, even if you check the option, only one rom is imported. Scanning the directory works without problems.

I am attaching a video to make the problem clearer.

Hi,

I've noticed a bug.

When you're using, "View Genre" or "View Series" in Bigbox and a HorizontalWheelGamesView, the first game shows the wrong information. Wrong title, video, images, etc...

This does not happen if you're using a WheelGamesView or TextGamesView.

If you move the wheel left or right and go back to the first game, it then shows the correct data.

Thanks  

Edited by bbweiners
Spelling error