LaunchBox Community Forums

11.9 Beta Testing

Jason Carr

I hope its okay I am posting this here, I am not getting any help in troubleshooting.

I updated Lunchbox after no updates for few months, it was working perfectly and now after updating from 11 to version 11.9 Beta and this error message pops up in Big Box with any theme I choose and it only runs on the default theme.

788689701_Errrorafterupdate.thumb.JPG.4a8f293ea341aaa12be21c7802ba3e6a.JPG

NOTE: If I go to my  the backups folder and reinstall version 11 then add a couple platforms, download a theme from within BigBox or just move it over from old launch box it works fine BUT the second I update the same errors occurs. 

Edited by GuroDragon

Turned on PC opened LaunchBox tried to delete MAME platform to re-import to update and got the following message. Note no mame tools, mame opened

The process cannot access the file 'F:\LaunchBox\Data\Platforms\MAME.xml' because it is being used by another process.

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 11.9
Type:    System.IO.IOException
Site:    Void DeleteFile(System.String)
Source:  System.IO.FileSystem

at System.IO.FileSystem.DeleteFile(String fullPath)
   at System.IO.File.Delete(String path)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.MenuActions.DeletePlatformMenuAction.<>c__DisplayClass4_0.WriteSupportedCandidate()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.StartTraversalMessage(Object )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.PushRemoteDic()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Recent Log:

10:19:10 PM Exception

Edited by wallmachine

Something very strange is going on with the Metadata as far as Arcade games go is what I see. I've had a few games that set the game titles as their file name instead. I just now went to see for example why Oriental Legends 2 is now going by orleg2oa, so I searched the Games DB and couldn't even find Oriental Legends 2 or even orleg2oa as a result. Thing is the game is tagged as LaunchBox ID #38448 with the name of orleg2oa for Metadata though. I first seen this happen with a version of Heavy Barrel for Arcade and a few others. I just don't know whoelse has came across this, but it's very odd though.

When I went to update the Metadata within LaunchBox again, it just claims no Oriental Legends 2 was found. So I really have no idea what's up with that. Instead I just hit cancel and leave things as is other than manually renaming orleg2oa to Oriental Legends 2 while the old LaunchBox ID #38448 stays intact just in case it gets fixed

Edited by RULLUR

9 hours ago, RULLUR said:

Something very strange is going on with the Metadata as far as Arcade games go is what I see. I've had a few games that set the game titles as their file name instead. I just now went to see for example why Oriental Legends 2 is now going by orleg2oa, so I searched the Games DB and couldn't even find Oriental Legends 2 or even orleg2oa as a result. Thing is the game is tagged as LaunchBox ID #38448 with the name of orleg2oa for Metadata though. I first seen this happen with a version of Heavy Barrel for Arcade and a few others. I just don't know whoelse has came across this, but it's very odd though.

When I went to update the Metadata within LaunchBox again, it just claims no Oriental Legends 2 was found. So I really have no idea what's up with that. Instead I just hit cancel and leave things as is other than manually renaming orleg2oa to Oriental Legends 2 while the old LaunchBox ID #38448 stays intact just in case it gets fixed

Are you specifying that the import wizard uses MAME metadata during the import wizard, cause if you dont its just gonna use the file name, if you do it it will be able to pull the correct name. Also is your emulator for Arcade the standalone MAME64?

19 hours ago, RULLUR said:

Oriental Legends 2 is now going by orleg2oa

That version was last released in MAME 0.191 and was changed to the new romset orleg2_101 in MAME 0.192.  Then to really mess with things, the Chinese clone (old "orleg2oa", new "orleg2_101cn") was renamed in MAME to "Xiyou Shi E Chuan".  If it's of any consequence, the parent rom "orleg2_101" is still titled "Oriental Legend 2".

That coupled with LaunchBox getting some of it's rom data directly from your mame64.exe (whichever release it may be) could be a factor.

Edited by JoeViking245
  • Like 1
  • Game On 1

10 minutes ago, JoeViking245 said:

Legend. Not Legends;) 

image.thumb.png.f8be9774adcf8b5312caae35e3aeed52.png

Working with a ton of games kinda does this, but I'm sure most here understand when your collection is like nearly 100,000 or so. Thanks anyways. Good to see it's still here. Now to find out why Heavy Barrel and a few others in Arcade tend to give the file name instead of the Game Title it belongs to. I pretty much have everything set in for years, but decided to do the entire collection with a Metadata update, and have everything get replaced to which took several days to run, and I got a bunch of errors along the way. Nothing got Imported though

Edited by RULLUR

So another in Arcade title that comes up as a file name is "Crime Fighters 2" aka "Vendetta". When I did a full Metadata Update and replaced everything it now goes by vendettaj instead of Crime Fighters 2. I did a search in the Games DB to find out Crime Fighters 2 is there with no other Alternate Name attached to it as Vendetta, but turns out also Vendetta is in the Games DB as a separate entry with Crime Fighters 2 attached as the Alternate Name for Japan. Thing is, I'm unable to delete the duplicate entry of Vendetta that has no Alternate Name attached to it. It doesn't even have all that much media with it either.

This one needs to be deleted:

image.thumb.png.86cd103d36062884333f288ffed54993.png

This one needs to stay

image.thumb.png.9e08f2c0a6e7c0de5d16906197f2bf72.png

• Jason Carr unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

@Pixelpiper It makes sense that images you scraped with an external scraper app will result in duplicates. We use CRC checksums to look for duplicate images, and also the rough image matching as an option. If you turn the rough image matching on, it'll probably catch a lot of those duplicates, I would think.