LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox | Bigbox | 532 Platforms | 534 Playlists | 600,000+ Games | The ridiculous collection (updated Jan 20 '23)

-McFly-

I'm currently uploading everything to BackBlaze with intent to share my entire collection. It'll be over 30 TB and will get bigger as I 'mess around with it' :) Is anyone interested in having this link to download everything I have? Let me know. I'm not sure if i'm willing to go down this road just yet, reaching out for reference to what I want to do. BTW it won't be free, I've spent the best part of 4 years compiling this, but the price won't be extravagant to LB forum members.

Edited by Mcfly.
update
  • Like 1

At the risk of you misinterpreting my tone again, I want to very calmly inform you that in my humble opinion, it might be against the forum rules to use this forum as a marketplace for offering a collection containing commercially available games, especially if you plan on selling it.

Furthermore, I remember that a few years ago, the Launchbox team had issues with people selling pre-built Launchbox collections on an HDD, because the customers would come here asking for support, which obviously Launchbox cannot and will not provide.

You should probably inform a moderator if you want to go through with your plan.

Just a friendly piece of advice, no malevolence on my part, hope you didn't perceive it that way. 😃

Edited by SiriusVI
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Mcfly. said:

I'm currently uploading everything to BackBlaze with intent to share my entire collection. It'll be over 30 TB and will get bigger as I 'mess around with it' :) Is anyone interested in having this link to download everything I have? Let me know. I'm not sure if i'm willing to go down this road just yet, reaching out for reference to what I want to do. BTW it won't be free, I've spent the best part of 4 years compiling this, but the price won't be extravagant to LB forum members.

Bad idea, that will get you instantly banned from these forums, with a very high chance that your license you paid for will be blacklisted and would no longer work also. What you are proposing here is highly illegal and we dont want launchbox associated anywhere near such an endeavour.

• Thanks 1

Sirius and Neil are right. We don’t like to see people selling pre-configured LaunchBox setups in any kind or form. It doesn’t matter if it’s a preloaded hard drive or a download, if it includes the Big Box license or not.

Even if you would offer it for free we couldn’t allow it here for obvious legal reasons.

Of course we can’t prevent you from doing it anyway but you’re not allowed to post links or even advertise it here in the forums or any other official LaunchBox channel.

• Thanks 1

On 3/20/2022 at 4:33 PM, SiriusVI said:

It's not. The idea is importing everything there is. I think he wants all those clones and hacks and doesn't see this as a downside.

That is my goal. I want everything, regardless of minor details between versions, I even want ones that have known bugs or are known to be incomplete.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/24/2022 at 4:53 AM, Retrofrogg said:

My understanding is that they're both a bit overkill, including many versions of games including betas, non-working, cracks, etc. I'm not sure of the exact differences between the two. 

They are a bit of overkill.  Only useful if you're building romsets from a list or something.  For practical purposes, they are worthless as you'll have non-working games, trashy hacks, and duplicates of a lot of games.  However, some revisions you'll find are actually different a bit, certain things ARE changed, but a lot of the time, its only bug fixes.  Sometimes it matters though, there are a few things removed from certain games... but.,. yeah.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Starbuck said:

Watched your video on YouTube and using some of your videos etc. in my build. Do you have a folder you could share with the story files for the systems. I like the way you show the various details on your screen for the systems and playlists.

I pulled many of them from Wikipedia or old-computers.org. They all get pasted into 'notes' on each platform .xml file if you're looking for them.