LaunchBox Community Forums

PCSX2 now has QT GUI - how to launch with LB

TheNewClassics

7 hours ago, Knowcontrol said:

Anybody else subscribe to Mr. Sujano on YT? I do, that's how I learned about the new UI.

Nah. Nothing wrong with the channel but I'm not interested in Android emulation news (which he seems to cover a lot) and basically he just reading change logs in most of the videos I have seen. Would prefer to see video of changes of improvements and updates he mentions.

I just check the The General Emulation Wiki page and I can see emulation updates very quickly and research more or update if I see something that interests me.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm having this issue and using the new command parameters don't seem to work. I see a black dos window for a moment and then nothing. used to have 0 issues with ps2/pcsx2 but none of my games work. Using the latest nightly of pcsx2 and all games work directly through pcsx2. Pics included, any help is appreciated as I'm stumped.

details.PNG

ps2.PNG

8 minutes ago, kiroscell said:

I see a black dos window for a moment and then nothing.

Are your ROMs actually zipped?  If so, do you have cue/bin files in the zip?  And are the files inside the zip named the same as the ROM.zip?

When extracting, it's possible it's trying to use the bin file (which won't work).  You may want to think about extracting your files and converting them to chd.

Hello Joe,

Thanks for replying and yes they're all zipped. I was able to fix this problem by removing everything from the parameters and then I got exit working with only adding -batch, but when I had both in the  command parameters nothing works. My new issue is seeing a progress bar when zipped/7z files are being extracted. Could you confirm if this is just not a feature that's available yet in LB?

Edited by kiroscell

Just now, kiroscell said:

Hello Joe,

Thanks for replying and yes they're all zipped. I was able to fix this problem by removing everyone from the parameters and then I got exit working with only adding -batch, but when I had both in the  command parameters nothing works. My new issue is seeing a progress bar when zipped/7z files are being extracted. Could you confirm if this is just not a feature that's available yet in LB?

There's a checkbox in the PCSX2 UI for starting fullscreen.  But sounds like that may not be an issue for you anymore.

I've never seen the unzip progress bar before.  But then again, I don't zip my ROMs. 😊  So I can't confirm if there's even supposed to be one or not.  I can see how having an unzip progress bar be good or bad. Depending on the user.  Part of me thinks it would be good to have it so you know that something is going on (vs being frozen or locked up).  On the other hand, it should happen relatively fast. So 'hiding' it may make for a cleaner gaming experience.

I will contend though, the amount that you save in drive space really isn't worth much when you see that a chd isn't much larger (if at all) than a zip file because the chd itself is compressed.  Then factor in the time (though somewhat minimal [I imagine]) to extract the ROM before playing compared to directly reading a chd.  I digress. But something to consider.

1 hour ago, JoeViking245 said:

There's a checkbox in the PCSX2 UI for starting fullscreen.  But sounds like that may not be an issue for you anymore.

I've never seen the unzip progress bar before.  But then again, I don't zip my ROMs. 😊  So I can't confirm if there's even supposed to be one or not.  I can see how having an unzip progress bar be good or bad. Depending on the user.  Part of me thinks it would be good to have it so you know that something is going on (vs being frozen or locked up).  On the other hand, it should happen relatively fast. So 'hiding' it may make for a cleaner gaming experience.

I will contend though, the amount that you save in drive space really isn't worth much when you see that a chd isn't much larger (if at all) than a zip file because the chd itself is compressed.  Then factor in the time (though somewhat minimal [I imagine]) to extract the ROM before playing compared to directly reading a chd.  I digress. But something to consider.

Using zipped isos when you have chd makes no sense at all. Extracting them on a hard drive takes a lot of time for DVD sized discs and it slowly kills SSDs by having to write the extracted iso every time you want to play a game (SSDs have a limited amount of writing cycles).

Edited by Suhrvivor
typos

4 hours ago, kiroscell said:

Hello Joe,

Thanks for replying and yes they're all zipped. I was able to fix this problem by removing everything from the parameters and then I got exit working with only adding -batch, but when I had both in the  command parameters nothing works. My new issue is seeing a progress bar when zipped/7z files are being extracted. Could you confirm if this is just not a feature that's available yet in LB?

Convert disc-based games (i.e. PS1, PS2, DC) to CHD and don't zip them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I'm not new to emulation, but I'm still a n00b. I deleted the old config folder from LB. I understand that, in the current version of LB, per-game config is built-in, but do I need to input those command-line parameters above (from Duckstation) in order to get it working correctly?

Thanks!

On 5/22/2022 at 9:58 PM, Your Friendly A.I Overlord said:

As the new QT frontend is developed by the same developer as Duckstation, I found that some of the Duckstation command-line parameters also apply to PCSX2 QT.

77666092_Schermopname(82).thumb.jpg.34925daf7cd1ac5100e00a4539899b74.jpg

Add -batch as a command-line parameter to LaunchBox > Tools > Manage > Emulators > PCSX2, to close PCSX2 with escape without needing an exit script.

129875082_Schermopname(83).thumb.jpg.d00d06a55d3b29499a1645ab2573a131.jpg

567654326_Schermopname(85).thumb.jpg.213092b12197d1f344517cc17ece0695.jpg

*Edit*

Forgot to mention: for this to work, make sure that in PCSX2 QT > Settings > Interface, "Confirm Shutdown" is unticked.

1375296527_Schermopname(86).thumb.jpg.0ad73db5de7508b62dae759a7b58501c.jpg

I know you don't know me, but I want you to know how much this post meant to me 😆 I was going crazy trying to figure out why my pcsx2 would not close to LB. This solved it, thank you, a million thank you's!

• Like 1

On 8/5/2022 at 5:55 PM, Rlad said:

Did anyone get the per game memory cards working?

*Edit*

In the following comment I assume you already have per game memory cards and want to couple them with the appropriate game.

The only way I found so far is to edit the specific games' .ini file found in the PCSX2\gamesettings folder. As I have not found a way to do this via the PCSX2 QT menu (not even via a command-line parameter) this is a per game manual labor. Made extra difficult by the naming scheme of the per game .ini files. The .ini files are named after the games' playstation game serial and it's CRC. But anyway so far the following works for me as I use the game God of War II as an example:

Open PCSX2 QT > right click your game > Properties. In the window title bar of the window that opens you see the name of the per game .ini file it uses.

1280247077_Schermopname(109).thumb.jpg.c762ab2ab8289bbc25944f3b4bb5f02f.jpg

Now look in the PCSX2\gamesettings folder if an .ini file with that name exists. If you have not changed any settings for that game from the default settings it doesn't exists and you have to create one your self. Create an empty text file and rename. You can copy/paste the codes from the Serial and CRC fields, separated by an underscore. Don't forget to change the file extension from .txt to .ini. In my case for God of War II I did make some per game changes so I opened SCUS-97481_2F123FD8.ini with a text editor and added:

[MemoryCards]
Slot1_Filename = God of War II (USA).ps2

Of course replace God of War II (USA).ps2 with the name of your per game memory card.

Edited by Your Friendly A.I Overlord
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Your Friendly A.I Overlord said:

*Edit*

In the following comment I assume you already have per game memory cards and want to couple them with the appropriate game.

The only way I found so far is to edit the specific games' .ini file found in the PCSX2\gamesettings folder. As I have not found a way to do this via the PCSX2 QT menu (not even via a command-line parameter) this is a per game manual labor. Made extra difficult by the naming scheme of the per game .ini files. The .ini files are named after the games' playstation game serial and it's CRC. But anyway so far the following works for me as I use the game God of War II as an example:

Open PCSX2 QT > right click your game > Properties. In the window title bar of the window that opens you see the name of the per game .ini file it uses.

1280247077_Schermopname(109).thumb.jpg.c762ab2ab8289bbc25944f3b4bb5f02f.jpg

Now look in the PCSX2\gamesettings folder if an .ini file with that name exists. If you have not changed any settings for that game from the default settings it doesn't exists and you have to create one your self. Create an empty text file and rename. You can copy/paste the codes from the Serial and CRC fields, separated by an underscore. Don't forget to change the file extension from .txt to .ini. In my case for God of War II I did make some per game changes so I opened SCUS-97481_2F123FD8.ini with a text editor and added:

[MemoryCards]
Slot1_Enable = true
Slot2_Enable = false
Slot2_Filename = 
Multitap1_Slot2_Enable = false
Multitap1_Slot2_Filename = Mcd-Multitap1-Slot02.ps2
Multitap1_Slot3_Enable = false
Multitap1_Slot3_Filename = Mcd-Multitap1-Slot03.ps2
Multitap1_Slot4_Enable = false
Multitap1_Slot4_Filename = Mcd-Multitap1-Slot04.ps2
Multitap2_Slot2_Enable = false
Multitap2_Slot2_Filename = Mcd-Multitap2-Slot02.ps2
Multitap2_Slot3_Enable = false
Multitap2_Slot3_Filename = Mcd-Multitap2-Slot03.ps2
Multitap2_Slot4_Enable = false
Multitap2_Slot4_Filename = Mcd-Multitap2-Slot04.ps2

Of course in the line:

replace God of War II (USA).ps2 with the name of your per game memory card.

Thanks for the info, i'll try it out once i've converted everything to chd, they'll probably have fixed it by then :D

On 7/28/2022 at 2:58 PM, WilsonWilson said:

Hi all,

I'm not new to emulation, but I'm still a n00b. I deleted the old config folder from LB. I understand that, in the current version of LB, per-game config is built-in, but do I need to input those command-line parameters above (from Duckstation) in order to get it working correctly?

Thanks!

Can I get some assistance?

Thanks!

17 minutes ago, WilsonWilson said:

Can I get some assistance?

On 7/28/2022 at 9:58 PM, WilsonWilson said:

I understand that, in the current version of LB, per-game config is built-in

No. The nightly builds of PCSX2 have built-in per game config support. Not LaunchBox. So this thread is about integrating the nightly builds of PCSX2 into LaunchBox.

Edited by Your Friendly A.I Overlord