LaunchBox Community Forums

The Bezel Project Launchbox integration

Mute64

Ok straight to the point.

Bezel project is awsome.... BUT

You need your roms named correctly according to the bezel projects naming scheme, I think they need to be a no intro rom set for the roms to line up with the bezzels, correct me if I am wrong.

Now I dont have all my systems with the correct naming scheme for the bezzels to line up the artwork with my games but I was hoping that launchbox would be able to see what game I have and line it up with the bezzel project and possibly fix that issue with out me having to rename my roms to the correct format.

Would/is this possible to add into launchbox a feature that either renames your roms to work with the bezzel project or to bridge that gap between TBP and incorrect rom naming or do I need to either give up on custom per game bezels and go back to a standard bezzel per platform or redownload no-intro rom sets.

4 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

@Mute64 The Bezel Project integration does account for this now. It scans for rough matches based on game titles and file names. It's not perfect, but should be at least as good as our matching with the LaunchBox Games Database.

Oh right, hmmm must be something on my end playing up then. I'll do some more research when I get home and see what's going on.

• Like 1

Mostly works great.  I found that for my mame games, it doesn't appear to have been setup.  I'm setup for Retroarch - mame-libretro in Launchbox.  I checked /Retroarch/config and /Retroarch/overlays/GameBezels folders, but I couldn't find anything that looked right.  Ideas?

Edited by kaichou

1 hour ago, Wally said:

Not Launchbox related BUT does anyone know if thre MAME Bezel project can handle MAME arcade games playing in TATE mode on a 16:9 monitor (putting bezel on the upper and lower part) instead of right and left?

Thank you

No these bezels are for 16:9 aspect ratio not 9:16 which changes where the bezel should appear by a pretty large margin. If you need some vertical bezels I'd check out @Thoggos work over at Vertical Arcade

• Like 1

13 hours ago, kaichou said:

Mostly works great.  I found that for my mame games, it doesn't appear to have been setup.  I'm setup for Retroarch - mame-libretro in Launchbox.  I checked /Retroarch/config and /Retroarch/overlays/GameBezels folders, but I couldn't find anything that looked right.  Ideas?

That's exactly why I am here. I have ran the update metadata a few times and no bezels in Mame .239 > IM on a fresh install and wanted mame and majority everything else in retroarch.  Did not want to go further until i figure why mame bezels are populating/installing.  

16 hours ago, kaichou said:

That's exactly why I am here. I have ran the update metadata a few times and no bezels in Mame .239 > IM on a fresh install and wanted mame and majority everything else in retroarch.  Did not want to go further until i figure why mame bezels are populating/installing.  

Update looks like the issue might be with the emumovies sign in plugin. As mentioned fresh install so its grabbing artwork. box, marquee etc. I'm guessing bezel are not a top priority. Keep running the download metadata. But each time or ever other time I have to sign into emumovies repeatedly each attempt. I was on 12.2 or something prior to update and didnt have to sign in emu movies but once. 

Update: It shows the bezels are downloaded but when iI Launch MAME games run no bezels.

Edited by ChickenGeorge

7 hours ago, ChickenGeorge said:

Update looks like the issue might be with the emumovies sign in plugin. As mentioned fresh install so its grabbing artwork. box, marquee etc. I'm guessing bezel are not a top priority. Keep running the download metadata. But each time or ever other time I have to sign into emumovies repeatedly each attempt. I was on 12.2 or something prior to update and didnt have to sign in emu movies but once. 

Update: It shows the bezels are downloaded but when iI Launch MAME games run no bezels.

Yeah, I haven't had any luck.  Where would the logs be to check for problems?  The downloader says it downloaded the bezels.

As a fun side note, I had written Python to fix all the names in the bezel project for my files.  This is so much nicer than my crappy code.

Edited by kaichou

2 hours ago, kaichou said:

Yeah, I haven't had any luck.  Where would the logs be to check for problems?  The downloader says it downloaded the bezels.

As a fun side note, I had written Python to fix all the names in the bezel project for my files.  This is so much nicer than my crappy code.

On 6/22/2022 at 2:04 AM, kaichou said:

Update 06/23/2022  So I continued to run the metadata updater it eventually began to install the bezel projec.t I think its a priority issue with you media request. I had to run it a few times to get box art and marquees. Then it eventually got the bezels. I recall previous version i would select that and walk away as it took to infinity to get all the data on one request. Might be a bug with the release. 

• 2 weeks later...

So the bezels have downloaded but alot will not load and it will not revert to the generic mame? I’m running 0.239 set in mame. For explains punch out bezel won’t load or super punch out in mame. Anyone know if I need to delete exiting bezels and reinstall or what’s the sauce? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/23/2022 at 12:26 AM, ChickenGeorge said:

There's an EmuMovies Sign In plugin? Why do you need a plugin for EmuMovies?

On 7/1/2022 at 9:10 AM, ChickenGeorge said:

So the bezels have downloaded but alot will not load and it will not revert to the generic mame? I’m running 0.239 set in mame. For explains punch out bezel won’t load or super punch out in mame. Anyone know if I need to delete exiting bezels and reinstall or what’s the sauce? 

It's hard to know what's going on there without a ton more details. So yes, it might be wise to start over. It should work out of the box with a new MAME install.

It’s as for login information when you import or update metadata. You have the option of local databases or it’ll check emumovies if you sign into your account and only search for their stuff. There’s  screens one for local database I guess LB community and the. Emu movies. I’ve since the. Gotten help for the community and resolved the bezel issues. I having to rename my arcade marquee files the same as my clear logos. It imports line I guess HS would recognize them. But LB/BB doesn’t see them so

secondary is clear logo. I’ve now renamed my marquees Cleared cache all is well. Now just looking for random high res obscure marquees not Readily available 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/21/2022 at 1:49 AM, Mute64 said:

Ok straight to the point.

Bezel project is awsome.... BUT

You need your roms named correctly according to the bezel projects naming scheme, I think they need to be a no intro rom set for the roms to line up with the bezzels, correct me if I am wrong.

Now I dont have all my systems with the correct naming scheme for the bezzels to line up the artwork with my games but I was hoping that launchbox would be able to see what game I have and line it up with the bezzel project and possibly fix that issue with out me having to rename my roms to the correct format.

Would/is this possible to add into launchbox a feature that either renames your roms to work with the bezzel project or to bridge that gap between TBP and incorrect rom naming or do I need to either give up on custom per game bezels and go back to a standard bezzel per platform or redownload no-intro rom sets.

I highly recommend learning how to audit your rom sets to match well known naming conventions.   No-Intro (ROMs) and ReDump (Discs) are what most (if not all?) artwork is aligned too.

CLRMAMEPRO + Dat-o-matic is a great way to quickly rename your set(s).   RomCenter is another good one. 

Trying to align artwork to your unique rom set names is like shoveling sand against the tide.   :)

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Drybonz said:

I'm still not sure after reading this where the bezels are supposed to be downloaded to... I ran the downloader and there's nothing in my ra>overlays folder, although it looked like the download was finished from the progress bar.

Bezels should reside in ra>overlays\gamebezels\<system name>