LaunchBox Community Forums

Platform Icons

5thWolf

So we can add icons in the Launchbox/Images/Platform Icons/Playlists folder, but they won't be displayed for users of the free version of Launchbox, is that right? Because, I just gave it a try and renamed a few icons I downloaded on the LB forum exactly the same as the playlist's names, but they're nowhere to be seen on the Launchbox UI. If it's a premium feature I'm fine with it of course, it's just, like I mentioned above the "Ball & Paddle Games", "Board & Card Games" and "Run & Gun Games" categories, which are not categories I created but LB's default ones, don't have an icon on the UI over here, when their icons are in the aforementioned folder. I don't get why they don't get displayed...

11 minutes ago, vince16 said:

like I mentioned above the "Ball & Paddle Games", "Board & Card Games" and "Run & Gun Games" categories, which are not categories I created but LB's default ones,

I have images for those just fine, i am on premium but i havent added any icons, these were just there as part of Launchbox.

image.thumb.png.4b11df56ccb7b8733b80b032071dded9.png

Edited by neil9000

@vince16 I looked into your report and was able to reproduce this. It IS a bug. The playlists you mentioned SHOULD have the icon displayed. I'll have it corrected in the next version of LaunchBox. That being said custom icons or adding icons to your own category, playlist, or platform will still be a premium feature. I will just be correcting the issue where free users aren't seeing all the icons they should be.

24 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

@vince16 I looked into your report and was able to reproduce this. It IS a bug. The playlists you mentioned SHOULD have the icon displayed. I'll have it corrected in the next version of LaunchBox. That being said custom icons or adding icons to your own category, playlist, or platform will still be a premium feature. I will just be correcting the issue where free users aren't seeing all the icons they should be.

You're absolutely awesome if you do! I was starting to wonder why even some default icons were missing. 

And since we're talking bugs, how about this one? Whenever I try to start "Manage", "Platforms", LB displays this (see pic):

That "F:\Games\GOG Galaxy\Epic Games\HorizonChaseTurbo" path it's trying to look for, for whatever reason, doesn't exist anymore. I had to move the game (and all the others) to another drive called G: and F: is now where my Google Drive is. I don't get why LB looks for that when I just try to manage my platforms...

LB Glitch.png

• 5 months later...

in 2023 I always used the 'Default Plus' theme I had no problem, I had all the custom icons in the folder\Launchbox\LBThemes\Default Plus\Images\Icons

I have now switched to the 'Default' theme I thought of simply copying the folder in the new theme but I noticed that it doesn't work, I tried copying the icons in the 24x24 format in Launchbox\Images\Platform Icons but it doesn't work, what should I do ?

You can see that I've added Application and Lightgun Games, but they don't appear in Launchbox, I've also done image regeneration and rebooted but nothing

image.thumb.png.aa7acb14c6dae3684f512ecc5461ed6b.png

image.thumb.png.1023e5dd597a7027d94508f40f78fc0a.png

I then noticed that even the pre-existing ones created by you do not all appear, how come? Sega Naomi is not showing up

image.thumb.png.d80e4763bc8da6d387d4056eec2e00a9.png

34 minutes ago, JoeViking245 said:

Under \LaunchBox\Images\Platform Icons\, try putting them inside their respective subfolder(s).

image.png.00bde251fd25339b4c6d97a7f9129b5c.png

Might be able to select the platform then press F5 to refresh those images.  If not, restart LaunchBox.

as you can see from the images I put in the previous post the subcategories Lightgun Games and Applications are in the correct folders but they don't show up.
Also various default platforms like naomi are not showing up, they are from launchbox not created by me. i already did f5 and restarted the system

22 minutes ago, Sbaby said:

as you can see from the images I put in the previous post the subcategories Lightgun Games and Applications are in the correct folders but they don't show up.
Also various default platforms like naomi are not showing up, they are from launchbox not created by me. i already did f5 and restarted the system

Apologies.  Didn't notice the folder you were in at the top of your 1st image.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2024 at 1:47 AM, JoeViking245 said:

Apologies.  Didn't notice the folder you were in at the top of your 1st image.

I solved by putting the icons in the playlists folder, it is very strange because they are platforms and categories and yet I am forced to put the icons in the playlists folder 🤔

• Game On 1

12 hours ago, Sbaby said:

I solved by putting the icons in the playlists folder, it is very strange because they are platforms and categories and yet I am forced to put the icons in the playlists folder 🤔

Are those actual Platforms or Playlists you have displaying in the Platform list?

2 hours ago, C-Beats said:

Are those actual Platforms or Playlists you have displaying in the Platform list?

some were actually playlists with the option to be displayed in the platform categories so Launchbox was right, while others were default platforms (not mine), e.g. Sega Naomi was not seen, I had to make a copy in the other folders