LaunchBox Community Forums

13.6 Beta Thread

faeran

Hi Everyone,

LaunchBox 13.6 beta 1 has been released with mostly some rare fixes that a very small number of users were experiencing.

• Improvement - LaunchBox now supports custom theme plugins (for theme developers)
  • Fixed: Rare overflow error thrown from LaunchBox's Platform Details View
  • Fixed: Corrected visual issues when Image View was set to be one column wide
  • Fixed: In some cases LaunchBox wouldn't open on the same window it was closed on

Beta 2:

• New Feature: LaunchBox can now automatically import installed PC games from supported storefronts on startup
  • Improvement: LaunchBox now better monitors install/uninstall processes and updates the UI better when either event completes
  • Fixed: Some storefront import wizards were not updating the game selection counts correctly
  • Fixed: FlowImage was incorrectly using Big Box settings to grab Platform Background images
  • Like 8

44 minutes ago, faeran said:

Improvement - LaunchBox now supports custom theme plugins (for theme developers)

For those willing to help us test this out. The latest release of my Omni theme utilizes this functionality for it's view selector switch. To test download and apply the theme from the downloads section (Theme manager doesn't have the version with the plugin) and run LaunchBox. If all goes well you simply won't notice anything different and can use the theme (and LaunchBox) normally.

@C-Beats Been messing with Omni for the past 30 minutes or so and working really well. The new views option is a nice addition. Is the functioning through a plugin. I tried looking at the code but could not find which xaml the lines for the view change command and the buttons for the views are. Of course my eyes could just be tired as I have been looking at data fields all day for work. 

Nice that even if you bulk select items you can change views and the bulk selection still stays. You do not have to reselect. 

4 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

@C-Beats Been messing with Omni for the past 30 minutes or so and working really well. The new views option is a nice addition. Is the functioning through a plugin. I tried looking at the code but could not find which xaml the lines for the view change command and the buttons for the views are. Of course my eyes could just be tired as I have been looking at data fields all day for work. 

Nice that even if you bulk select items you can change views and the bulk selection still stays. You do not have to reselect. 

The views themselves are all driven via the XAML files. The xaml files have a "ViewSelector" that in MainView is the visible control, and in the other files tells the view what item is currently selected. I then use Style Triggers to show/collapse the appropriate setup. The plugin is only for that ViewSelector control.

Theme also has the ThemeValues file that I'll use to help modify/tweak the theme to the users liking. Can change theme colors and it stores what view you were in when you closed LaunchBox so that when you open it up again you don't have to manually change back to the view you actually want.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, faeran said:

Fixed: In some cases LaunchBox wouldn't open on the same window it was closed on

Unfortunately not fixed for me, in fact the behaviour is very strange. I have a 4K OLED TV and a 1440p monitor, i have the TV as the primary monitor as that is where I want games opening, but I want Launchbox on the monitor. With the last version and this new beta it doesn't matter which display Launchbox was on when closed it always opens on the TV (primary). However if I change my primary display to the monitor then it opens there as expected, but when I move it to the TV and then close it and re-open it opens on the TV, so is remembering the display it was last on when the monitor is the primary display, but not when the TV is???????

17 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Unfortunately not fixed for me, in fact the behaviour is very strange. I have a 4K OLED TV and a 1440p monitor, i have the TV as the primary monitor as that is where I want games opening, but I want Launchbox on the monitor. With the last version and this new beta it doesn't matter which display Launchbox was on when closed it always opens on the TV (primary). However if I change my primary display to the monitor then it opens there as expected, but when I move it to the TV and then close it and re-open it opens on the TV, so is remembering the display it was last on when the monitor is the primary display, but not when the TV is???????

Can you post up a screenshot of your Windows display settings so I can do my best to recreate your situation and see what we can do to correct? Curious if it's something to do with what screen is left or right or something dumb like that. Also what is your scaling on the two monitors?

38 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Can you post up a screenshot of your Windows display settings so I can do my best to recreate your situation and see what we can do to correct? Curious if it's something to do with what screen is left or right or something dumb like that. Also what is your scaling on the two monitors?

Display 2 is the TV, both are set to 1440p, both scaling at 100%, monitor is at 144Hz, TV at 120Hz, monitor is left, display is right.

image.thumb.png.cc10c5ea5667c967b90ae5b992b541f7.png

Maybe a bug, i imported a romfiles with the following name Commodore Force - 009 (example) in Launchbox the File name is correct, the name of the file is also stored in the Version field, 

i don't remember this being the case before, except in the file where names were put in brackets, which of course is then perfectly correct. Of course you can change that quickly, but is that what you want?

image.thumb.png.5b3262ce2219e6ce7de0a2d5eee03abc.png

image.thumb.png.8d40b224b19374b2b90a57ce0fa9e78a.png

Was the option to open the platform emulator without a game loaded recently removed from the games view context menu?

*edit*  Please disregard... one of my emulator .exe's was renamed and was causing this.

Edited by Drybonz

I'd test it out for sure. One thing I want to be fixed is videos loading in a small corner in the game details panel at times, and ghosted out game details when it hasn't loaded in properly (Default plus theme only bug?). Also the videos showing a black screen despite playing sound when you click on a recommended game. Same goes for when viewing videos in fullscreen on BigBox, sometimes it's just black and you have to load it again. Some of these problems have persisted for a few years and maybe it's simply not an easy fix? Just some little bugs i've noticed in my 4 years of using the program.

Haven't had time to further test but wanted to report something odd with Play Count & Play Time:

When I open LB, it default to the last used platform location (Recently Played playlist in this case), and it shows what is in the first screenshot (which should be about correct):

987967372_RecentlyPlayed.thumb.jpg.5df7c0e0d2c2d44681524369507235dc.jpg

When I click on the game itself, whether it be in the Recently Played playlist or going to the Windows platform and clicking on the game, it is displaying what is shown in this screenshot which is totally off

Untitled.thumb.jpg.17b1c3f391edf97f8d09e54e0cd4147e.jpg

Search.thumb.jpg.fbff117e4a5334aee04ae1a63a9b1e6b.jpg

Maybe I can test more later today.

Yeah, then I'd assume you're running into the issue where the process we launch, and the main game process aren't the same and so time tracking isn't able to function properly. This typically happens with any game launching a third party launcher, or a splash screen.

• Thanks 1

On 6/10/2023 at 8:44 AM, The Papaw said:

When I open LB, it default to the last used platform location (Recently Played playlist in this case), and it shows what is in the first screenshot (which should be about correct):

987967372_RecentlyPlayed.thumb.jpg.5df7c0e0d2c2d44681524369507235dc.jpg

Something to note, this first screenshot is showing that section's total play count and play time, and not one for a specific game.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Yeah, then I'd assume you're running into the issue where the process we launch, and the main game process aren't the same and so time tracking isn't able to function properly. This typically happens with any game launching a third party launcher, or a splash screen.

What's funny, is actually added play count and time from last night, ad I haven't changed a single thing.

Edited by The Papaw