LaunchBox Community Forums

13.9 Beta Thread

faeran

I thought I would give the Retro Acheivements a spin... got the API, did the hash check... tried a quick acheivement that was listed on the website for Castlevania... I completed it but nothing happened.  I read above that .zip format is not supported?  Is this true for NES roms, or would I have some other problem.  Most of my roms are in a .zip format.  Is there .zip support on the table in the future, or is that not a possibility?

@Drybonz All of my NES roms (.nes) are zipped (.zip). What emulator / core were you using? Bc Retro Achievements needs to be enabled in the emulator itself to earn them. (LB will just show what you've earned like the RA website.)

Here's a list of system / emulator support from the RA website: RA Emulators

For NES specifically:

• Standalone: RANES
  • Retroarch cores:
    • FCEUmm (that's what I use)
    • Mesen
    • QuickNES

On 12/13/2023 at 2:46 AM, kmoney said:

I am not sure if this is beta related or not since retro achievements have been hooked back up. One thing I have noticed is that some (not all) of my games are showing that they do not have a retro achievement available on the side details bar in LaunchBox even though they do according to the retro achievement website. I have compared the hash of my games to the hash on the retro achievement website and it matches perfectly. One example of a game is Bangai-O for the Sega Dreamcast so I looked in my Dreamcast .xml file and noticed that the retro achievements hash did not match the hash that was on the retro achievements website so that's probably why no achievements showed up for that particular game. I am assuming that the hash that is in the xml file is what is pulled from their website, so not sure why that hash did not match the one from their website? I have also ran a complete rescan of all my games for retro achievements in LB and it is still pulling back some wrong hashes from certain games when I compare them to the hash on the retro achievement website as they do not match up.

One other thing to note is when I just run the game through Retroarch and not LB it detects that I have the correct hash and shows the achievements that are available. 

Same here. They were showing up in the side details bar before it broke. Still missing on 13.9. In RA everything is looking good.

• Like 1

On 11/8/2023 at 6:53 AM, Fursphere said:

I've been getting a lot of .NET crashes / errors when importing games, scraping media, editing playlists, and even just exiting BigBox with 13.9 Beta 1.

The .NET error screen with the REPORT button - I'd use the heck out of that if I didn't have to lookup my bitbucket username/password everytime on my cabinets.  Anyway you can allow anonymous error reporting to bitbucket?  Or maybe a token generated by the license associated with LB/BB install that bitbucket accepts?

Is your log similar to this?

Application: BigBox.exe
CoreCLR Version: 6.0.2123.36311
.NET Version: 6.0.21
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at SharpDX.XAudio2.VoiceShadow.VoiceVtbl.OnVoiceProcessingPassStartImpl(IntPtr thisObject, Int32 bytes)

Or this?

Application: LaunchBox.exe
CoreCLR Version: 6.0.2123.36311
.NET Version: 6.0.21
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (5): Access is denied.
   at System.Diagnostics.ProcessManager.OpenProcess(Int32 processId, Int32 access, Boolean throwIfExited)
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.GetProcessHandle(Int32 access, Boolean throwIfExited)
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.WaitForExitCore(Int32 milliseconds)
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.WaitForExit()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.Program.LogoutInvalidFilter(Object )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.Program.ListStatelessParser(Boolean itemneeded)
   at AdapterResolver.CustomizeInvalidState(Boolean itemneeded, AdapterResolver )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.Program.Main(String[] args)

@C-Beats this still occurs on exiting Big Box, although it doesn't actually seem to crash.

Edited by Cineaste

I've discovered a bug in BB 13.9. I've key mapped the 'Game Discovery Center' and also 'Show Playlists' [to enable me to flip back to my normal startup playlist view]. When flipping back to my playlists the sound of the video of the previously selected game [in Game Discovery Center] still plays in the background of the playlist video. This doesn't happen if a select the 'Show Playlists' from the system menu. 

I've also experienced a freeze exiting a Visual Pinball game [stuck at 'Game Details'] - solved by pressing 'Alt Tab' and selecting the windows I already see ['Game details']. Went in again and exited fine, so the issue appears to be intermittent.

Edited by Galaxian

In Bigbox, assigning the joypad buttons to 'SHOW LAUNCHBOX'. tries to start LaunchBox inside BigBox without succeeding and the system crashes, what is this for?

You need to do a massive overhaul of the joypad button issue, there have been other problems for years, for example in some situations while you are playing you can hear the Bigbox buttons being pressed underneath and when you exit the game you find yourself in another section of Bigbox. This is frustrating and definitely needs to be fixed, it happens randomly, for example with Model 2 (which is an old emulator) it happens a lot. Out of 10 plays, 9 times out of 10 it works fine, but there is always a moment when I am forced to exit the game and start it again because BigBox keeps intercepting the buttons I press in the game. Please implement a function so that if the emulator executable is active, bigbox should have input blocking. this happens sometimes even if it is minimized, it is serious

thank you very much for your support, and i hope it will be taken into consideration 

Edited by Sbaby

I'm really liking game discovery center... I set it to a hotkey and the main view I use is Platform Categories. Once you go into game discovery and hit the back button it goes to settings. Is there a way for the back button to go to the previous view (Platform Categories in my case). I would rather not have to do another hotkey for this if possible. 

33 minutes ago, drewjbx said:

I'm really liking game discovery center... I set it to a hotkey and the main view I use is Platform Categories. Once you go into game discovery and hit the back button it goes to settings. Is there a way for the back button to go to the previous view (Platform Categories in my case). I would rather not have to do another hotkey for this if possible. 

If you try, I suspect you will encounter the bug I describe above.

11 minutes ago, Galaxian said:

If you try, I suspect you will encounter the bug I describe above.

RIght.. same situation, for an arcade cabinet I want to have game discovery center mapped to coin.. start is mapped to search. Even though game discovery is considered a 'view' I think it would be better hitting the back key should take you to your specific previous view, whether it be in a specific platform or custom playlist etc...

I also can confirm the bug you mention is correct, I can still hear audio playing in the background from game discovery no matter where I navigate to, I have to restart BB, no way to stop the audio playing

Edited by drewjbx

Can't remember if I raised this previously when the RA API was going up and down, but the error/response checking seems to be broken on the "Test Login" button on the RetroAchievements options menu.

If you enter an invalid Username or API Key and press the button, LaunchBox still always says "Connection to RetroAchievements successful." If you try and do a scan in that state, it'll wipe any the existing RetroAchievementId data in the platform XMLs.

Edit: Another bug for the new version, I'm seeing infrequent freezes when adding/editing Additional Apps on game entries and closing the Edit Game window. No error/exception, just unresponsive and then need to force close the application. Seen several times this evening when updating ROM hacks on a bunch of games.

Edited by retroNUC

(Inner Exception)

A procedure imported by 'D:\LaunchBox 13.9\ThirdParty\Chromium\CefSharp.Core.Runtime.dll' could not be loaded.

App:     
Version: 13.9
Theme:   NOT SET
Type:    System.IO.FileLoadException
Site:    Void LoadFromPath(IntPtr, System.String, System.String, System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ObjectHandleOnStack)
Source:  System.Private.CoreLib

at System.Runtime.Loader.AssemblyLoadContext.LoadFromPath(IntPtr ptrNativeAssemblyLoadContext, String ilPath, String niPath, ObjectHandleOnStack retAssembly)
   at System.Runtime.Loader.AssemblyLoadContext.LoadFromAssemblyPath(String assemblyPath)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFile(String path)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.Program.<>c.PublishIdentifiableCandidate(Object )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.Program.<>c.PrepareStatelessTests(Object sender, ResolveEventArgs e)
   at System.Runtime.Loader.AssemblyLoadContext.InvokeResolveEvent(ResolveEventHandler eventHandler, RuntimeAssembly assembly, String name)
   at System.Runtime.Loader.AssemblyLoadContext.OnAssemblyResolve(RuntimeAssembly assembly, String assemblyFullName)

(Outer Exception)

A procedure imported by 'CefSharp.Core.Runtime, Version=117.2.40.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=40c4b6fc221f4138' could not be loaded.

App:     
Version: 13.9
Theme:   NOT SET
Type:    System.IO.FileLoadException
Site:    Void .ctor()
Source:  CefSharp.Core

at CefSharp.CefSettingsBase..ctor()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.App..ctor()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.Program.Main(String[] args)

Recent Log:

10:29:42 Exception