LaunchBox Community Forums

The POC - A Nice View of the New Walls 1.4

(4 reviews)

3 Screenshots

About This File

This theme requires LaunchBox v11.10 or above.
---------

The new LaunchBox update is here, and with it comes many new Big Box theming features. The highlight amongst them is a brand new Wall View.

This theme showcases the new wall view by providing 2 inspired views utilizing the new Wall View CoverFlow wheel.

What kind of things can the new CoverFlow wheel do? Download this theme and take a look.

WallView1.thumb.png.3942f99cc4bdbb5ca2732fb970c5ff46.png

WallView2.thumb.png.aa45cec2185d9ade2fbcd1edd45a9e18.png

The views use the following artwork:

• Clear Logos
  • Screenshots
  • Background Fanart
  • BoxArt - Front
  • Game Videos

Don't forget to set your screenshot image priority to screenshot - gameplay.

Have fun.

Thanks to @PlayingKarrde for clarifying that this theme is loosely based on a couple different themes from the Pegasus frontend.

What's New in Version 1.4   See changelog

Released

• Fresh copy from the COMMUNITY Theme Creator 2.3
  • Adds the alphanumeric index to all wall views
  • Add Game Platform metadata to Wall View 2
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 5
  • Unusual Gem 6

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

@faeran Great theme! I'd love to see a future update with Wall view 3 or 4 being like #2 but replacing the images with steam banners, and remove the clear logo, but keep the video auto playing. I tried to do it myself, but I've come to find that the time requirement learning all the xaml configs is a bit steep for me. Thanks!

Edited by fawkesyeah

4 hours ago, Klopjero said:

Any chance of the source files being released ? 

For sure, I will be releasing the COMMUNITY project files. The only issue is that this theme was built with an unreleased version of the theme creator, and it's not compatible with the version on the forums.

So, things are coming, it's just going to take a bit of time ?

• Like 1

This theme is great! Thanks for making it.

I love the "Wall View 2" view, but is there a way to use gameplay screenshots rather than title screen screenshots?

Edit: I figured this out myself. Tools Options → Media → Screenshot Priorities → move "screenshot - gameplay" to the top. :)

Edited by Daniel15
  • Game On 1

I think I found some sort of bug with this theme.... Going directly to a console then selecting a game works fine, but if I use the "View Developers" option, select a developer (I tested with Nintendo), then select a game, it just shows this blank screen with no information displayed:

BigBox_12-15.56.04.png

and I can't press any buttons any more (had to kill the process in order to exit)

15 hours ago, Daniel15 said:

I think I found some sort of bug with this theme.... Going directly to a console then selecting a game works fine, but if I use the "View Developers" option, select a developer (I tested with Nintendo), then select a game, it just shows this blank screen with no information displayed:

BigBox_12-15.56.04.png

and I can't press any buttons any more (had to kill the process in order to exit)

Thanks for letting me know. I was able to reproduce this issue and I've released a new version of the theme on the forums.

Can you download it and let me know if the issue has been fixed on your end?

17 minutes ago, faeran said:

Thanks for letting me know. I was able to reproduce this issue and I've released a new version of the theme on the forums.

Will check soon. I had a similar bug when I had only one platform added.

Edited by Hifihedgehog

Still getting the same bug with only one platform added. In this case, I only have ScummVM games added and it is giving me this madness:

Capture.thumb.PNG.268644252b47b2c992c1d3667f5c590a.PNG

Edited by Hifihedgehog

20 minutes ago, faeran said:

I can confirm that it fixes the issue for me. Thank you!

Sounds like @Hifihedgehog might be encountering a different bug.

Edited by Daniel15
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Hifihedgehog said:

Still getting the same bug with only one platform added. In this case, I only have ScummVM games added and it is giving me this madness:

Capture.thumb.PNG.268644252b47b2c992c1d3667f5c590a.PNG

Yes, I think this is a long standing issue with the center text list plugin. From my understanding it happens when you switch to a new theme that utilizes it within the platform filter list, the first item doesn't load quite right, and you would need to change to another item for Big Box to fully load. With only ScummVM in your library, you can't switch to another platform, and therefore you are stuck. If you crash Big Box and come back into it, you should be fine. You could also add some more platforms as well :)

Either way, the center text list plugin is definitely something that should be looked into at some point in the future, as many themes use it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, faeran said:

Yes, I think this is a long standing issue with the center text list plugin. From my understanding it happens when you switch to a new theme that utilizes it within the platform filter list, the first item doesn't load quite right, and you would need to change to another item for Big Box to fully load. With only ScummVM in your library, you can't switch to another platform, and therefore you are stuck. If you crash Big Box and come back into it, you should be fine. You could also add some more platforms as well :)

Either way, the center text list plugin is definitely something that should be looked into at some point in the future, as many themes use it.

CC: @Grila. Please see above.

Edited by Hifihedgehog

5 minutes ago, Hifihedgehog said:

CC: @Jason Carr. Please see above.

From what I'm reading this is a third party plugin a theme uses. We could look into the possibility of integrating what that plugin was built to do inside of LaunchBox, but we can't really do anything to correct logic in some one else's plugin. If you are hoping we look into doing what the plugin does natively I would suggest using the "Request a Feature" link in the "Help & Support" link at the top of the web page to create a ticket for us about it. It would give us far more visibility to the issue than a comment here will.

9 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

From what I'm reading this is a third party plugin a theme uses. We could look into the possibility of integrating what that plugin was built to do inside of LaunchBox, but we can't really do anything to correct logic in some one else's plugin. If you are hoping we look into doing what the plugin does natively I would suggest using the "Request a Feature" link in the "Help & Support" link at the top of the web page to create a ticket for us about it. It would give us far more visibility to the issue than a comment here will.

Thank you for the thorough explanation and kind clarification about the source author of this plugin. I am not personally involved in the development here, so I was operating on the assumption that theme author was implementing coding interfaces that are included in and maintained by LaunchBox. @faeran, since this is a third-party plugin and not one that LaunchBox themselves maintains, who is the author that would need to be contacted to patch this bug?

Edited by Hifihedgehog

Just now, Hifihedgehog said:

Thank you for the thorough explanation and kind clarification about the source author of this plugin. I am not personally involved in the programmatic level of the coding here, so I was operating here on the assumption that theme author was implementing coding interfaces that are included in and maintained by LaunchBox. @faeran, since this is a third-party plugin and not one that LaunchBox themselves maintains, who is the author that would need to be contacted to patch this bug?

ListBox Scroll Center for BigBox - Third-party Apps and Plugins - LaunchBox Community Forums (launchbox-app.com)

• Like 1

Just to be a little more clear here. The original author of the plugin released the code on github and then was used in the theme creator project. I've mentioned this to the author of the theme creator and it is on his list to investigate.

• Like 1

Love this theme. Wondering where in the code I can alter the scroll speed of the notes. I thought I found it but doesn't seem to work. 

Thanks

2 minutes ago, Maul83 said:

Love this theme. Wondering where in the code I can alter the scroll speed of the notes. I thought I found it but doesn't seem to work. 

Thanks

You're looking for the "ScrollableTextBlock" control. Adjust the ScrollSpeed attribute/property. In WallGamesView.xaml you can see what I mean on line 812

2 hours ago, C-Beats said:

You're looking for the "ScrollableTextBlock" control. Adjust the ScrollSpeed attribute/property. In WallGamesView.xaml you can see what I mean on line 812

Thank you so much. I had found that previously but thought it wasn't it because it wasn't working at first, but after you said that I tried again and it turns out a lower number is faster, and I was doing the opposite. 

Thanks again. 

15 hours ago, Maul83 said:

Thank you so much. I had found that previously but thought it wasn't it because it wasn't working at first, but after you said that I tried again and it turns out a lower number is faster, and I was doing the opposite. 

Thanks again. 

Ahh yeah. That may be the number of seconds it takes to scroll the whole thing, so that would make sense.

13 hours ago, Smellbringer said:

Hey, I'm trying to use this theme but it's stuck in list view, I can't use the new wall view.

Did you try and set up a "Switch View" hotkey in Big Box? Then in the text list view, you press your hotkey and it will cycle through all the different game views available.