LaunchBox Community Forums

Coverbox - Fragments 1.0.7

(3 reviews)

24 Screenshots

About This File

fraggyboi.thumb.gif.eafaad371b532b9b052cbcc1e720ec3e.gif

Sorry for the poor quality, i will replace it with a more detailed extended version when I have more time.

MUCH BETTER VIDEOS: By DonellHD

DESCRIPTION:

I am possibly the biggest Coverbox fanboy in these forums, I've loved it since I was made aware of its existence. It was my go to for over a year of retro gaming. After using it for a while I started to notice areas that could be improved upon, eventually leading to me wanting to do something about it. After getting permission from Faeran I started adding in all the stuff I wished Coverbox had. I found it more flexible to make each platform a individual theme so I could have full control over all the views per platform, music, all the cool things that come with individual theme settings. Basically what we are left with is a super badass version of coverbox that's all "fragmented" into individual themes. Its got all the flashy stuff of a modern theme but still retains that sweet warm glow of Coverbox. I started making a "core" theme that was supposed to be a bridge between these fragments and the main platform theme, called "PlatformBox". It was put on the back burner and I never got back to it, I plan to make that eventually. So for now these will only work if applied in game view mode (the view that lists your games). Meaning, you have to go into that platform to the game list then apply the corresponding theme to see its effect.

WARNING: These themes may not work well on low performance machines!  I do not have a low spec pc to test them on. Im working on that in the newer versions so everybody can enjoy it.

FEATURES:

• Totally remastered Coverbox view
  • More Details
  • View box back when in game details
  • on-the-fly region changes to UI, cases, even the background!
  • many many custom options
  • official UI sounds
  • seamless game details menu (just like CoverBox!)
  • EXTREMELY detailed box art options
  • custom startup & pause themes
  • Platform addon support (satellaview, 64dd, etc)

EXTRAS:

Coverbox - Fragments Startup Themes

Coverbox - Fragments Pause Themes

COMPLETED FRAGMENTS: 20

• Nintendo (Famicom/Famicom Disk)
  • Super Nintendo (Satellaview/Sufami Turbo)
  • Nintendo 64 (64DD)
  • Nintendo Gamecube (Needs work)
  • Nintendo Wii (eshop)
  • Nintendo WiiU (Incomplete - 70%)
  • Nintendo Switch (Incomplete - 60%)
  • Nintendo Gameboy
  • Nintendo Gameboy Color
  • Nintendo Gameboy Advance
  • Nintendo DS (GBA Support)
  • Nintendo 3DS
  • Sony Playstation
  • Sony Playstation 2
  • Sony Playstation 3
  • Sony PSP
  • Sega Genesis (Mega Drive/Sega CD/Mega CD/32x)
  • Sega Saturn
  • Sega Dreamcast
  • MS-DOS
  • Microsoft XBox
  • Microsoft Xbox 360

Current Platform: Tell me what project you want me to work on next

GUIDES:

INSTALL GUIDE

Spoiler

INSTALLING FRAGMENTS:

explorer_MXGdLuPvPZ.thumb.png.081ec6801da56ae773d3cf797e53a8db.png

1) Download one of the fragments and copy its contents to the usual "Launchbox\Themes " folder.

BigBox_TjTJd5tG4T.thumb.png.4be39ad99163d7633f2c116d25f109ab.png

2) Fire up BigBox and apply the theme. Do this by going into the platform you intend to apply a fragment to. For this example I want to apply the Dreamcast fragment, so I enter the dreamcast platform so it lists my games then hit your hotkey for themes (mine is T). Select the fragment that matches from the theme list, in this case "Coverbox Fragment - Dreamcast".

BigBox_lDl2dYM6oF.thumb.png.f0950468f6b5d519b319f35e375863d3.png

3) Repeat for any other fragments

INSTALLING STARTUP/PAUSE THEMES:

Install startup/pause themes to their normal locations. They need to be downloaded and installed separately if you wish to use them.

Coverbox - Fragments Startup Themes

Coverbox - Fragments Pause Themes

CUSTOM OPTIONS GUIDE

Spoiler

Each of the fragment themes has a hidden set of custom options to further extend the Coverbox experience. These options vary from platform to platform, and are optional. Each option is listed in the "Custom Fields.txt" file included in the themes folder. Enabling custom options is very easy, they are applied on a per-game basis. You can select multiple games and add them that way as well if you need to bulk edit.

LaunchBox_vhEIWPUIQL.thumb.png.cace0f4f27b57d50a15b8c172182c0c0.png

1) Let's say I want to use the greatest hits label for Destruction Derby 2 because I like it the most. You start by editing the game(s) metadata. Right click on the game and select "Edit Metadata/Media".

LaunchBox_WMC8I6Mgtu.thumb.png.f43a960498fc716d639986af3eeba4a6.png

2) Next we need to select "Custom Fields" tab to the left, then input the option from the themes "Custom Options.txt" included inside the theme folder. It says I need to add Greatest Hits with a value of Yes

BigBox_2l48TqoM2G.thumb.png.46bc224d41d607c747842be295974cd2.png

3) Thats it! Your good to go. Load up BigBox and you will see the custom options are applied automatically now.

ON-THE-FLY REGION CHANGES GUIDE

Spoiler

The on-the-fly region changes will only work if a region has been specified in the games metadata. It will work automatically after specifying a supported region in the metadata, no more input required. I will list below the supported regions:

• North America
  • United States
  • Japan
  • Europe
  • United Kingdom

PATREON:

Become a member of my Patreon, a place where you can help me decide which direction to go with my BigBox themes. Let me know if my ideas are trash, or gold. Guide me in the right direction because lord knows I need it. If you decide to become a member of my super secret club, I will listen to your stories, requests, and criticism. Your voices will be heard, and I will do my best to make the magic happen.

KingSlayer420 Patreon

CREDITS:

SPECIAL THANKS TO:

Faeran - For making Coverbox, letting me use your assets, helping me when I get stuck, making all the CTC videos, your like a mentor to me. 

y2guru - For making Community Theme Creator, none of this would be possible without it! Also thank you for all the instructional videos!

Cnells2000 - For supporting me the entire time, searching the depths of the internet in search of me after I left, talking me into coming back, and just being a all around likeable dude. I owe ya one.

Patreon Supporters - For keeping the coffee comin' and helping me with the themes.

VIP SUPPORTERS:

Pademonium Cinematics

If you like this theme, leave a review and tell me about it! It keeps me motivated!

Edited by KingSlayer420
typos and link changes

What's New in Version 1.0.7   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Game On 1
  • Unusual Gem 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Glad to see you back! I can't wait to see the new version! This was by far my favorite theme(s)!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks a lot for re-posting this! I held on to your original theme files from a while back, but it's definitely nice to have these available for everyone and look forward to any updates too!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the positive vibes guys, I plan on updating them with the new features in CTC 3.2 sometime in the near future. Just need a few days to restore all that was removed.

• Like 1
  • Game On 1

"Coverbox: Fragments has returned in all its glory, complete with all the remaining bugs i never fixed!"

Oh Boy hahah Great to see you back!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Jackdefjam said:

Oh Boy hahah Great to see you back!!

Don't worry I just meant they are exactly how I left them, they work stable enough as is just some small things need fixed in a few. They will all be fixed in the end

• Like 3

Best themes on Bigbox, hands down, and better than Coverbox vanilla (and I say that as a huge coverbox fan). Glad to see you back. Looking forward to the Switch theme!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is there any way to use game clear logos rather than text?

Edited by Boomerps2

10 hours ago, Boomerps2 said:

Is there any way to use game clear logos rather than text?

These were all made in "text view", just like Coverbox. I don't believe it's possible to use clear logos in text view.

Edited by KingSlayer420