-
Posts
12,649 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
38
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Articles
Downloads
Gallery
Blogs
Everything posted by neil9000
-
Yeah core overrides will save bezels/overlays. I use bezels myself and that's how I save different ones for different systems.
-
as I said, \retropi should open the pi, then you can just copy them to your pc over the network.
-
retro pi does support samba shares, you can just put \\retropi into a explorer window and it will show your pi folder (in a limited way). So yes you could technically keep your roms there and point launchbox at them, but I wouldn't personally, the bandwidth from the pi is awful (it shares the Ethernet with all the usb ports on a single lane) and cart based system roms are so small you may as well keep them local to your launchbox setup.
-
-
Welcome and thanks for the comment. So much a multi platform user that, you have none unless its Linux?
-
just a cheapo one, 1030 may do what you want.
-
-
Snap, as was my OG reply.:)
-
Much appreciated fella.
-
Not bad at all, I would recommend a better cpu than that, I know its a good Pentium but still, and as I said earlier I assumed he already had storage as the OG post was replacing a piece of shit. hdd/ssd tend to come with us when we build a new system.
-
Then I here good things of newegg, of course amazon is always a good go to. I'm in England, so I'm not that familiar with your other outlets, sorry.
-
Sorry you edited your post after I replied. Bigbox is also something that can benefit from a gpu, even a cheap one, as it has to display a lot of images quickly, if you are just searching for something to play.
-
Sorry @CriticalCid I'm clearly a idiot or stupid as I am struggling, I have added a image to Themes\Aeon MQ7\Image folder and called it defaultbackgroundI have then edited the platformwheel3 to the attached file And I get this.I am clearly missing something, as your instructions were so simple, sorry. PlatformWheel3FiltersView.xaml
-
Where are you in the world? I like the games to look how I remember them back in the day, not "how they were" but how I remember them, playing on a 14inch crt on mostly pal systems.
-
I'm not sure on pre built brands to be honest with you, I would just build it myself its very easy these days. If you are going for a i5 with 16GB I feel that will come in over your budget, as of course you will need a motherboard as well (and that's assuming you already have a ssd/hdd and a windows license). Shaders are effects that can be added to certain emulators that effect the image you see on screen. As we already established I am a old fart like you, so I grew up playing games on crt TV's, so I like to emulate that look on the games I emulate, but this requires extra power, nothing much but often more than the cpu can provide by itself (as its also emulating the game of course), that's why I suggested throwing in a cheap gpu. For reference here is a shot of me playing f-zero on a snes emulator, notice how the screen looks curved and has scanlines just like a old crt TV, that's a shader, and the image around the game screen is a bezel and needs no extra power (its just a image). Hope that info helps you.
-
Excellent, thanks @CriticalCid ill have a play with it. I may just take one of the background images straight from the Aeon MQ 7 kodi folder.
-
Again going back to my previous comment, it depends on what systems you are looking to emulate.
-
lol, I just turned 40, so I feel your pain. 400-500 is a decent budget for the systems you are looking to emulate. Normally I would recommend a i5 or better when building a system, but if you are just emulating up to 16bit systems and MAME then you could get away with a i3, I would say 8Gb of ram also. I would also through in a cheap graphics card, this will help if you want to use shaders on the systems you emulate.
-
Yeah at the moment you can use specific art by dropping it into a theme folder then it only applies to said theme, you can also drop art into the main Launchbox/images folder and that would apply across all themes, unless as stated you have specific art in that theme folder.
-
I could, but then that would also apply to any other theme I decide to switch to. It would be simpler for me to drop a single image into a folder in this specific theme, like we already can do with clear logo's, banners etc.
-
First of all welcome to the community. Secondly we would need more information, like budget, form factor, what systems you are looking to emulate etc.
-
Hey @CriticalCid, loving the theme. I have one little question/request though, would it be possible to set a overall default background image on the platform wheels? I like the games views with the background fanart, but I find the constant changing of art on the platform wheels a little distracting, especially as what is displayed it often quite low res and doesn't look great on my 60inch TV. Thanks again.
-
What game are you running, and what gpu do you have?