LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing

Jason Carr

@Jason sorry havnt been on in a few days as had family visiting just updated to latest beta running very smooth no problems so far animations seem smooth love the new sound additions they seem to be working fine as well, games launching smoothly so far all seems well with the new beta no problems so far. ps:- for people who have lag problems i would advise them to have their boxart the same ie all nintendo box covers the same size, all arcade etc (doesnt have to be the same size in every platform but the same size per platform) Also have their fanart the same size (doesnt have to be the same size in every platform but the same size per fanart image in a platform)as i found that having different sizes (in a single platform) will cause lag in those platforms.

No problem Martin, great to hear. :) Just put out another new beta with an important fix for a rare but dreadful startup freeze bug with LaunchBox itself. The setup translations and Brazilian Portuguese translation for LaunchBox is updated as well.

@Jason new beta working well all transitions animations sounds working good, however one small problem when opening BigBox or even Bigbox through LaunchBox the Taskbar stays in front of BigBox this means you cannot schroll through your platforms until you first click on the main BigBox windows with your mouse, this will then hide the Taskbar, was in previous beta as well no biggie see below screenshot:- taskbar.jpg

Finally back from a week-long road trip and updated to the latest beta. So far no problems at all and I'm liking the kind of space invaders-ish sound effects in BBM. I'll let you know if there's any issues with this latest build for me, but so far everything is beautiful.

Hi @AFaustini, you can add videos via the Game Video Path field on the Other tab of the Add/Edit window. Also, videos should be automatically found if you place them in the right folder and name them based on the game title. Check out the platform management screen; it lets you specify where the videos folder is for each platform.

So, I wasn't quite sure where to put this: A while back I was crawling through the forum's history and I stumbled across and old thread where Jason had mentioned a temptation to integrate full albums into LaunchBox instead of just singular music files. I couldn't find that thread again to make this post, but I've been playing with LaunchBox most of this afternoon and discovered that it responds very well to simply designating an .m3u playlist as its music file. Of course, this means you can't easily navigate to specific songs and they'll always play in whatever order the playlist has them specified, but I think it's pretty cool regardless.