LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing

Jason Carr

I get scaling issues like this with a lot of stuff, gaming related but built in to Windows. So like folders can get screwed up with the resolution I set for them, which is maxed out, but a game that changes the screen resolution to something smaller will change the full screen folder if it had focus when the game launched to the resolution of the game after it closes. It will even still show that its maximized like nothing happened. So this is a scaling issue that is present outside of LB. At least, I assume its a very similar bug. I can make this happen to several programs, folders etc etc. It all has to do with a fullscreen application and how they change your resolution. If its a 1280x720 game, and your screen resolution is 1920x1080, some games will temporarily change your resolution to 720p while the game is launched. It is more prominent in old games and software.

I'm not so sure you can, the way a program / game changes your resolution has to change. Or nothing can be in focus when the game launches. Or put in a different way, looking at just your desktop with all the windows you have open minimized. Even that... might not be full proof but its what I've seen at least.

@Jason i think SentaiBrad is right its to do with the resolution you have emulator set at that overides the computer resolution temporarily the reason i wasnt having the problem with kat5200 was i had my resolution set to my screen resolution see screenshot Kat-5200.jpg So set emulators to the nearest to your screen resolution you can get to avoid the distortions

I see, thanks. Putting out a new beta right now; I'm hoping it fixes the issue. This new beta also has new titles above the lists that are displayed whenever a clear logo doesn't exist. They are of course optional. Thoughts? Ideally, every developer, publisher, genre, etc. would have a clear logo and/or banner image, but obviously LaunchBox doesn't support that just yet. I don't think it will make it into 5.2, but I foresee the ability to add images to all of these types in the near future. For what it's worth, I also foresee viewing/editing things other than games in the main LaunchBox view (such as developers, publishers, genres, etc.).

Alright, well that was hairy. New beta out, I have it fixed for ScummVM, so I assume it should be fixed for the rest as well. Let me know if anyone continues to see the issue. :) Note that the issue is fixed in Big Box (or so I hope), but the LaunchBox window sizing is a separate issue that I'll have to revisit yet.

Ok I used Maddoc's screen shot and changed some of my settings to look like his and now I am all good once I disabled the NTSC filters it filled the Avail FS Modes and let me have 3x zoom and change the depth. Now it is good in both LB and BB. Thanks for getting on this so quickly.

@Jason just noticed in current beta in BigBox under Platforms that 3 of the platforms are mixing the recent games, Sony Playstation - Sony Playstation 2 Sega Naomi - Sega Naomi 2 Nintendo GameBoy - Nintendo GameBoy Color Possibly because of the same first and second name, those are only ones i have seen it for is posible could have been in previous beta but i hadnt noticed it. see screenshot: mixed.jpg