LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing

Jason Carr

Jason Carr said Another new beta out. I finally added a "Hide" field to games, so that you can hide games from your collection in LaunchBox and Big Box. I'm finding it really convenient to only show games with images and metadata completed in Big Box. Also supports bulk editing.
This sounds great:D. How can I do a bulk edit to hide games without any kind of metadata? Also, I found a reproducible crash that I reported but I figured I'd report here too. If I'm scrolling down the list while trying to flip a box it will crash. I can easily produce this by going down the list and spamming the flip box key/button, and there's some noticeable lag when doing this as well. This also causes the Launchbox.xml to become corrupted. Keep up the good work:].

And here's another. This has the beginnings of additional filters in Big Box. Press Escape to get out to the system menu, and you'll see other filters options. Obviously, there's a lot of cleanup work to do here to make it all smooth. None of the other filter types have main images (we currently don't have images for developers, publishers, genres, etc.), so I'm not quite sure what to do with that, for the moment. I'm toying with the idea of allowing images for all of the various field types. Beyond that, keep in mind that custom filters do not work properly for this beta. I'll have that fixed before the official.

DOS76 said I am having a problem with both LaunchBox and BigBox not returning to the correct resolution after exiting out of both KAT5200 and Project 64 I've noticed in the last two betas.
Hmm, well...nothing has changed with anything rendering-wise in a long time, so maybe that issue always existed? Does it happen any time the resolution is changed? What exactly do you see on your screen?

DeathProxy said
Jason Carr said Another new beta out. I finally added a "Hide" field to games, so that you can hide games from your collection in LaunchBox and Big Box. I'm finding it really convenient to only show games with images and metadata completed in Big Box. Also supports bulk editing.
This sounds great:D. How can I do a bulk edit to hide games without any kind of metadata? Also, I found a reproducible crash that I reported but I figured I'd report here too. If I'm scrolling down the list while trying to flip a box it will crash. I can easily produce this by going down the list and spamming the flip box key/button, and there's some noticeable lag when doing this as well. This also causes the Launchbox.xml to become corrupted. Keep up the good work:].
Well, it's not perfect, but assuming you use TheGamesDB for the bulk of your metadata downloads, you can just filter to TheGamesDB.net ID: None, then Ctrl+A, and use the wizard to mark all the games as hidden. Good find on the flip box. I'll get that fixed. :)

Jason Carr said
DeathProxy said
Well, it's not perfect, but assuming you use TheGamesDB for the bulk of your metadata downloads, you can just filter to TheGamesDB.net ID: None, then Ctrl+A, and use the wizard to mark all the games as hidden. Good find on the flip box. I'll get that fixed. :)
Yeah that's the idea I was thinking of using but didn't since there's a few that get pulled from wikipedia and have some data, but I might want to hide those anyways, I'll have to see though.

When I come out of the emulators everything is stretch out and I lose stuff to the right. I was just going to explain but instead I will show you. In Launchbox this isn't a big problem because toggling full screen off and on in the view section sets it back to normal but in BigBox there isn't any way to fix it besides going back to LaucnchBox and then back again.Launchbox.JPG

DOS76 said When I come out of the emulators everything is stretch out and I lose stuff to the right. I was just going to explain but instead I will show you. In Launchbox this isn't a big problem because toggling full screen off and on in the view section sets it back to normal but in BigBox there isn't any way to fix it besides going back to LaucnchBox and then back again.Launchbox.JPG
This has happened to me multiple times. When in Big Box, usually opening the Windows Task Manager will fix the problem.

Per the stretching, oddly, I'm having trouble reproducing. I suppose it's possible that it's a Windows glitch that was actually fixed in Windows 10, or maybe it happens only with certain emulators. I've tried changing the resolutions in Dolphin and PCSX2 and I can't get it to happen. Anyone know what emulator(s) are causing it?

@Jason tried all these emulators blueMSX, Dolphin, DosBox, Emulator, ePSXe, Fusion, Handy, KAT5200, Kega Fusion, Mame, Mame 0137b and 0138b, Neo Pop, Nestopia, nullDC, PCSX2, Project 64 ver 2.2, ProSystem, SuperModel, Virtual Jaguar and Visual Bot Advance, and no distortion or stretching except when you exit out of game in ScummVM, Visual Boy Advance and ProSystem you get shrinkage in the writing momentarily when you press escape or go back key on keyboard its fine again see below image:- shrink.jpg