LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing

Jason Carr

So I was testing those new filtering options in Big Box when I noticed that custom filters don't really work... And by that I mean, it doesn't matter which filter I select, the list just includes absolutely everything in my library. LaunchBox isn't having this issue, just Big Box.

Jason Carr said Ah, good to know, Martin, thanks. @DOS76 and @Maddoc1007, glad it's fixed for you guys, but if it's still messed up for some configurations, I need to know so I can fix it. What did you guys change to fix it and what causes it to be messed up for beta 5?
@Jason sorry wasnt on as have daughter with me this week, still is for ScummVm the small writing however if you set its graphics to see below it sorts its out and stops small writing all other platforms are perfect see image scumm-change.jpg For Handy emuator make sure its set to normal mode (fullscreen) and for VisualBoy Advance make sure its set to other full screen no setting emulators to 800x600 or under. As for the the mixing up of recent games in BigBox cannot sort that out only happens in platforms that have the same name followed by a number. ie naomi naomi 2 or by another word/words ie Nintendo Gameboy, Nintendo Gameboy Colour or Nintendo Gameboy Advance.

@Jason all working extremly well and another slight speed increase, except for the recent list in BigBox will try and explain this a lot better this time apologies for not doing so earlier. Sony Playstation 2 games will show up in the recent list of Sony Playstation but not vice versa ie Sony Playstation games will not show up in the recent list of Sony Playstation 2. Sega Naomi 2 games will show up in the recent list of Sega Naomi but not vice versa ie Sega Naomi games will not show up in the recent list of Sega Naomi 2. And finally Nintendo Gameboy Color and Nintendo Gameboy Advance will show up in the recent list of Nintendo Gameboy, but not vice versa Nintendo Gameboy games will not show up in the recent list of Nintendo Gameboy Color or Nintendo GameboyAdvance.

I can't install the new beta getting this error message "Setup was unable to automatically close all applications. It is recommended that you close all applications using files that need to be updated by Setup before continuing. Click Retry to try again (this fails and repeats message) Ignore to proceed anyway, or Abort to cancel installation." Hitting ignore starts the install but then it stops again and I get this error message "E:\LaunchBox\BigBox.exe" An error occurred while trying to replace the existing file DeleteFile failed: Code 5 Access is Denied. Click Retry to try again, ignore to skip this file (not recommended). or Abort to cancel installation. I got creative and went into the folder and removed the offending .exe files and then the install went through but I thought I'd report the issue anyway.

Hi Jason, i've been out for quite sometime now, not sure if this has been raised or has been implemented already - can we intergrate LAUNCHBOX with steam? Like a direct bigbox boot with no splash logo? Please dont take this the other way around, but i just feel the need to use steam most of the time and a quick access to all my emu's and retro games from steam would be AWESOME. Thanks man!

Hey Martin I tried that at the time but the only LaunchBox thing that was running was the setup so I didn't close that. Removing LaunchBox.exe and BigBox.exe from the folder fixed everything because then it didn't need to delete them it just wrote the new versions to the folder. I'll take a nice easy work around any day.

So apparently my fix for the custom filters was incomplete...whoops. ;) Martin, hopefully I can get a fix for that recent and favorites issue in tonight as well, thanks for detailing that out for me. @DOS76, must've just had another instance of LB stuck or hung for a bit, I guess. It happens; glad the setup told you about it at least. :) @raven_rvz01, you mean to just remove the Big Box splash? Should be able to run Big Box from Steam without issues already.

Thanks @shinra358. Per custom filters, I can't reproduce; they seem to be working fine for me. Can you confirm 100%? Can anyone else confirm? Per the keyboard, I assume you mean I didn't make the response time faster like I did with the game controllers? Good point, I'll look into that. I'm surprised about the waiting cursor though; didn't know that was happening.

Jason Carr said Put out a couple new betas today. Quite a few bug fixes, but no new features. I plan to release 5.2 official this weekend, barring any major bugs showing up. Then after the 5.2 release, hopefully we can make some bigger changes/additions.
Any chance of folders being used as ROM destinations in 5.2? Or is that part of the "bigger changes/additions?"