LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing

Jason Carr

New beta is out guys. The big thing for this beta is XInput support. Microsoft seems to have screwed the pooch with DirectInput and Xbox One controllers; not only was LaunchBox crashing in certain situations with Xbox One controllers connected, but so was AutoHotkey as well, in the exact same ways. Pretty crazy. For now, the AutoHotkey close, focus, and volume features will only work with the first connected controller. I hope this won't be too much of an issue for people; unfortunately Microsoft broke AutoHotkey's multiple controller support with the DirectInput glitches. At least AutoHotkey should work properly now for users with Xbox One controller(s) or multiple controllers attached. If anyone has a Steam Link, please do test to make sure that everything is working properly for controllers over the Steam Link. Quite a few other bugs were fixed that were causing occasional crashes/error messages as well. I didn't note everything in the change log, but it's worth a review.

Jason Carr said
CADScott said My email is actually on online one, so my client and provider are actually kind of the same. I will have a good look at the settings in the online portal and try to turn off span for anything to do with LaunchBox, but hopefully Jason can reset the error at your end.
Apologies, @CADScott. I looked into how to reset it and got nowhere. So I'm moving on for now. Pretty odd, that's for sure; sorry for the trouble, wish I had a good solution for it.
Ouch, that is a bother! I might have to set up a custom email alias just for LaunchBox then! Hopefully it is something that can be fixed in the future, it certainly might effect someone else if they have any auto spam filters.

DonkeyKongsVet said I am getting an unexpected error encountered box, won't load the interface after getting latest beta, this time I am on the 64 bit Windows 10 system (the 32 bit system is on a leave of absence)
Hmm, I'm guessing maybe it could be the new XInput. Maybe it's DirectX? Try downloading and running this: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

CADScott said
Jason Carr said
CADScott said My email is actually on online one, so my client and provider are actually kind of the same. I will have a good look at the settings in the online portal and try to turn off span for anything to do with LaunchBox, but hopefully Jason can reset the error at your end.
Apologies, @CADScott. I looked into how to reset it and got nowhere. So I'm moving on for now. Pretty odd, that's for sure; sorry for the trouble, wish I had a good solution for it.
Ouch, that is a bother! I might have to set up a custom email alias just for LaunchBox then! Hopefully it is something that can be fixed in the future, it certainly might effect someone else if they have any auto spam filters.
I have set up a new email alias for LaunchBox, and I am now getting emails again, yah!

CADScott said
CADScott said
Jason Carr said
I have set up a new email alias for LaunchBox, and I am now getting emails again, yah!
They heard your betrayal! That is stupid strange.

Jason Carr said
DonkeyKongsVet said I am getting an unexpected error encountered box, won't load the interface after getting latest beta, this time I am on the 64 bit Windows 10 system (the 32 bit system is on a leave of absence)
Hmm, I'm guessing maybe it could be the new XInput. Maybe it's DirectX? Try downloading and running this: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109
That did the trick Thanks!

Alright, new beta is out. I'm going to call this the release candidate, so let me know if anyone runs into any bugs. The only thing I added for this beta is the ability to click on the VLC videos to start or pause them. Beyond that, I've fixed a bunch of bugs and closed a bunch of tickets on Bitbucket. I've fixed the missing DirectX library issue by requiring it in the setup for the updater as well. @scree, that bug is the only one I haven't been able to reproduce or get fixed. Any more information on how you got that or how often it occurs, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all!

Hi Jason. I just grabbed the beta 15 and it's working fine except fot the VLC engine issue. The error will always occur whenever VLC is selected as the video option for either LaunchBox or BigBox. In LaunchBox, with the right sidebar (game details) open, the space for the video window just shows as the sidebar background. Right clicking the sidebar brings up the LaunchBox error I posted earlier. In BigBox the video window briefly shows part of the Desktop before the LaunchBox error appears. However, this is not a biggie, as the WMP option works perfectly for me in LaunchBox and BigBox. As I mentioned before, I'm running Windows Vista SP2 x86, which may be causing my issues.

Thanks @scree. I think we'll go ahead and proceed with the 5.9 release and send it out to the masses to see if anyone else is experiencing it. I just put out 5.9-beta-16, which updates the French translations thanks to @Wattoo and updates ScummVM to the latest version, as well as the ScummVM games list. Unless we hit any glaring bugs, I'm planning on putting out the 5.9 official tomorrow.

GatoSoft said I know that this could sound like a nitpick but is it normal/intended? ^_^U Captura-de-pantalla-31.png
Jason never sent me the 5.9 features list to translate, I think he forgot about posting them at the translation thread. That's why it appears like that. Edit: Also, Gato, if you ever find errors in the translation it would be great if you let me know to correct them. Sorry for the lack of Argentina Spanish but I am using neutral Spanish the best I can in order to extend the reach of the translations between Spanish speakers around the world. @Jason Carr Did the Spanish translations made it to this version? I am seeing a lot of elements that I am sure I translated but they appear in English.