LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing

Jason Carr

N
Jason Carr said Ah, thanks guys. @CliveBarker, unfortunately the Spanish translation came in just after the 5.9 release. We can push out 5.10 after we get all the translations in. I'll have a new beta out later today. :)
No worries, I was just worried something went wrong with the resource files.

Ok, if I can help in some way, I'll search for any errors in the spanish translation and report them. Is there some thread where I can use to report or should I send PMs to @CliveBarker? :O Also, there's no need for regional spanish localization. A single neutral spanish language is good enough for every spanish-speaker to understand what's going on in LaunchBox. :)

GatoSoft said Ok, if I can help in some way, I'll search for any errors in the spanish translation and report them. Is there some thread where I can use to report or should I send PMs to @CliveBarker? :O Also, there's no need for regional spanish localization. A single neutral spanish language is good enough for every spanish-speaker to understand what's going on in LaunchBox. :)
You can report them here https://www.launchbox-app.com/forum/features/translating-launchbox Thanks in advance! Also, @Jason Carr @SentaiBrad LaunchBox got featured by a very big youtube channel here: https://tinyurl.com/2fcpre6

Jason Carr said Lol, you're such a joker Mr. Clive Barker. I just put out a new beta with updates for both the French and Spanish translations. Once we get the translations finalized I'll go ahead and put out an official 5.10 release.
Sorry man. I was going to do that at April Fools and wasn't able to. So I did it kinda late as you see. No harm intended. I will check the new version for any translation overlap. Cheers!!

CADScott said
GatoSoft said Why am I cruel? I didn't understood... xD
Sorry, wrong person, I meant @CliveBarker, your name was at the top of his Rick Roll post! I was so disturbed by the images I saw that I blamed the wrong person!
I will have you know Rick Astley is a god among men! No disturbing images! ;)

SentaiBrad said
CADScott said
GatoSoft said Why am I cruel? I didn't understood... xD
Sorry, wrong person, I meant @CliveBarker, your name was at the top of his Rick Roll post! I was so disturbed by the images I saw that I blamed the wrong person!
I will have you know Rick Astley is a god among men! No disturbing images! ;)
I second @SentaiBrad in this one! xD

5.10-beta-2 is out with some major fixes for the built-in MAME importer and a link out to Antropus's MAME importer. The French and Spanish translations have been fixed up as well. Per the MAME importer, I filled in all the gaps for the MAME metadata, so importing MAME full sets should no longer result in any games without titles or metadata. I also added some additional filtering options for various types of games. Also populated a bunch of flyers for the front art on the LaunchBox Games Database. Planning to put the official 5.10 release out tomorrow, assuming no one runs into any glaring bugs. :)

@Jason The new changes to the mame importer are waaaaay better than they were before! I imported with it last night and it got rid of 95% of the junk that it used to leave before. I can also tell that the quality and quanity of the flyers improved also. There are still some games that either don't have flyers or are displaying "hyperspin" game theme screenshots for the flyer or is showing a screenshot that has nothing to do with the game. I am sure that is because there are no quality flyers out there for certain games or something to that effect. I am sure us as a community can work together to fill in some of the missing flyers or wrong ones and get it corrected. Me for one,I do not like to see an empty space with the launchbox logo. Even if there is not a flyer for the game I would rather see maybe a pic of the actual arcade cabinet or maybe a nice screenshot of the game. Thanks for the update!

kmoney2315 said @Jason The new changes to the mame importer are waaaaay better than they were before! I imported with it last night and it got rid of 95% of the junk that it used to leave before. I can also tell that the quality and quanity of the flyers improved also. There are still some games that either don't have flyers or are displaying "hyperspin" game theme screenshots for the flyer or is showing a screenshot that has nothing to do with the game. I am sure that is because there are no quality flyers out there for certain games or something to that effect. I am sure us as a community can work together to fill in some of the missing flyers or wrong ones and get it corrected. Me for one,I do not like to see an empty space with the launchbox logo. Even if there is not a flyer for the game I would rather see maybe a pic of the actual arcade cabinet or maybe a nice screenshot of the game. Thanks for the update!
Thank you much @kmoney2315. Yeah, the images really bug me too. I went through the effort to add in and replace every single available flyer, but was disappointed to see that many just don't exist at this point. I'm gonna look to see what types of images we might be able to use to fill in the blanks.

Jason Carr said Thank you much @kmoney2315. Yeah, the images really bug me too. I went through the effort to add in and replace every single available flyer, but was disappointed to see that many just don't exist at this point. I'm gonna look to see what types of images we might be able to use to fill in the blanks.
Personally I've been using title screens. It's not perfect for every game, but then again, neither are flyers. I wish there was an option during MAME rom importing where you could select what you'd want as the "front" image, as I'm sure some people would prefer cabinets, or what have you.