LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing

Jason Carr

I have an issue where one of my game clear logo is showing up in the platform wheel 1st it was R-Type then I refreshed all the images in the hope that it would fix it but it is now a different game showing.BigBoxBeta6.16.jpg

I see that you have dropped the game notes in the CoverFlow + Details view for the logo and I can’t say that I like that idea. Would it be possible to add an option in which I can choose if I would rather have the Clear Logo or the notes? If I have to choose between the two I would definitely prefer the notes over the logo. The fade to black effect for the backgrounds in the details + CoverFlow view is really nice. Any chance we will see that for the normal CoverFlow view before 6.0 comes out? I also noticed that I can change the view only one time when I’m in a filter which isn’t platforms. After that the change button stops working in all filters except for platforms.

nyny77, is it just specific images or everything? Can you screenshot me? @DOS76, your favorited games will show up first in the wheel if that setting is enabled. Is that what's going on? @CriticalCid, apologies for removing the notes; I just didn't like the look of it because there was just too much stuff on the screen. We'll definitely add some further configuration options for those views but I'm hoping to push out 6.0 sooner rather than later so it might not make it into the 6.0 release. Thanks for the note on switching views for the platforms. I will see if I can add the fade for the full screen CoverFlow view. :)

Jason: Current status is that on the new beta I haven't yet run into that video error after I switched to the wheel menu. What I can do is revert to list view and re-test it and do some explicit comparisons with the other views to see if there's a difference. If you want that Ultima VI video I'll need your email address; can you pm it to me? I've looked around and can't find an address other than the purchase one. edit: Ha! Belay that first comment. I just tested it and got the error and crash on wheel display. Still would like an email address to send it to.

Jason what I had happening is that instead of saying TurboGrafx-16 as the platform it says Cadash is the platform. For some reason under the platform folder many of the platforms have multiple image types and some of the clear logo folders have multiple images in them when I deleted them leaving only the TurboGrafx logo and refreshed the cache the problem went away. Is it normal for the LaunchBox\Images\Platforms\TurboGrafx-16\Clear Logos folder to have multiple images inside of it?

Alright, new beta is out; gonna call this the first release candidate for the 6.0 official. To be honest I can't even remember everything I touched today, but here the important parts: - Fixed a bunch of bugs from Bitbucket tickets in both LaunchBox and Big Box - Fixed (hopefully) the issues with small images in the wheels. Please refresh all images in Big Box to test. - Added backgrounds to the fullscreen coverflow view, like we added to the one with details - Probably five other things I'm forgetting ;) Thanks all. :)

Bedwyr, thanks. It's jasondavidcarr@gmail.com. @DOS76, the platform clear logos folders probably shouldn't have multiples in them, no. Were there mismatched images in the folders? That does sound like you found and resolved the problem. Still strange that there would be multiples in there. @ALIE, as I commented on YouTube, I didn't expect anyone to miss that view. We can discuss it though; I still have all the code for it in the project, but the image caching for it was glitchy and I didn't like the view at all so I just got rid of it and replaced it with the CoverFlow with details view. What is it about the previous view that you like more than the new CoverFlow with Details view? Thanks!

Sorry I think we've changed the approach since then. Now you just have to go check the box in Tools > Options > General > Updates in LaunchBox to Update to Beta Releases. Then you can just restart and you should be prompted to update.

wallmachine said curious what happened the the 400+ issues/requests on the repo?
Jason just got rid of quite a few today. Some may be lingering and have already been fixed, are duplicated or what have you so we'll need to keep going through and pick them off. Jason and I agree that those bugs should get lowered ASAP.

Riffman81 said We're taking care of some site and FTP maintenance over at EmuMovies guys. Should be back online shortly:)
Either you've never mentioned it or I completely forgot, but I had no clue you worked over at EM! :P Either way, thank you for the update. I probably could have just checked the front page and found out. xD

Jason Carr said Awesome, thank you @Riffman81. Didn't know you were part of the team. :)
Yeah, I'm one of the moderators... Thought I mentioned it before but maybe I didn't ;) Circo, has been updating the site for the past few months off and on when he has time, I think he's just doing routine maintenance tonight and sorting through new submissions, etc. Btw Jason, Launchbox has become my main FE and I wanted to personally thank you for all the work and effort you put into this amazing software! I have totally left HS in the dust. I may not post much but I visit the forums often and try my best to stay in the loop. The new views are looking fantastic and I really appreciate your dedication to the community. Haven't had a chance to test the latest beta yet, it's on my to-do list.