LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing

Jason Carr

With these quick updates we're kind of taking the Philosophy from Kodi. Any release that ends in .0 is a feature release with some bug fixes, a .1, .2 or .3 release are bug fix releases almost entirely. It's kind of comforting that, even with Kodi as big as they are, no matter how many Beta's or RC's they do most bugs still get found after the official release, so in that sense are kind of adopting it so that these releases make it to everyone. It's surprising and understandable why most users don't update to Beta's. Also Cid! LOL I love that image. Yea Derek, a good bad thing. xD

Jason, congratulations on the success of your 6.0 release. Glad to see things are going well for you and Launchbox. As far as performace mentioned earlier in the thread, I wanted to point out too that running off a HDD can slow you down. I have too much emulation data to store on my SSD's, so I keep it on an HDD. I'm aware that this slows down my boot time for LB, etc... so this is something for us all to keep in mind. HDD is a trade-off for more space.

I just downloaded metadata for 426 games and I want to thank everyone contributing at the Games Database because it went flawless. Not a single game with incorrect metadata and even the special and enhanced editions were identified correctly. That wasn't possible just some months ago.

CliveBarker said I just downloaded metadata for 426 games and I want to thank everyone contributing at the Games Database because it went flawless. Not a single game with incorrect metadata and even the special and enhanced editions were identified correctly. That wasn't possible just some months ago.
Yea once we got it started I backed off moderating the Database because it would take me forever and away from other things I needed to do, but I am proud of what we've put together. It's still not perfect, there are features still to be made, functionality with LB that needs to be in place, and there are still rules that need ironing out... but what we have is super promising.

xD yea... exorcise is something that has been lacking recently and I probably should do more. I've been trying to stand and streatch more at the very least, but I don't have a standing desk and an addon that I can put my mouse and keyboard on to raise it up is shockingly expensive, so I think I am just gonna get a solid top rack to put down so I can stand. My second monitor is raised so I can still see it and my main monitor tilts. Stressed? Shockingly not as much as you would think. Money stresses me out WAY more and to be honest, this job was a god send and I love it to death. There are a few things that have seriously gotten to me working on this project, but it actually had nothing to do with the project or Jason, but other people. Other than that stress and sadness it's been fantastic, so don't worry about me. :P I like your image of me though, I could have 4 arms and hands and no one would know. :P

I am in the same page, I prefer some hack or something home made in order to fix the ergonomics of my workplace. Since the commercial solutions are terribly expensive due to import taxes here in my country. The thing you really (and all of us) must be aware off is the Carpal tunnel syndrome, that thing can literally ruin careers specially IT careers and jobs. So remember to set up an alarm and do your exercises. Also I didn't know you were an exorcist, Father Merrin.

That's no joke health is vital. I was diagnosed with diabetes in December and since then I've lost 42lbs trying to get my health back. I've been walking everyday for the last week (Yeah some times its just up the street to get 2 2 for 99 cents Green Games to mellow for the day but its better than nothing.) Gotta take care of yourself.

Hey all, I have gotten one report that VLC video playback in Big Box is still playing in the background occasionally. If anyone is still seeing this in 6.2 and has any insight into when it happens or what might cause it, it'd be great to get your feedback. Thanks guys. :)

DOS76 said That's no joke health is vital. I was diagnosed with diabetes in December and since then I've lost 42lbs trying to get my health back. I've been walking everyday for the last week (Yeah some times its just up the street to get 2 2 for 99 cents Green Games to mellow for the day but its better than nothing.) Gotta take care of yourself.
Don't give up man, no matter if you need to spend less time in the computer. And I haven't seen that issue Jason but I will keep testing.