LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing - 6.8+

Jason Carr

@Maddoc1007 Unfortunately I would need to see the entire XAML in order to help you out there. Can you create a separate thread for that?

@martinconroy, I'm gonna go jump off a bridge. :P

Seriously though, I'm clueless at this point. I'm forcing it to use en-US; perhaps something isn't installed that it needs? Any luck for you @orac31?

Thanks @imdavid555. :)

New beta is out guys that fixes some additional issues with changing the platform on games. These issues were new and were introduced with the XML split changes. Game and platform changes in general could use some additional testing because we've found a number of things that weren't saving properly due to the XML split. I think I've caught them all but only time will tell. :)

• Like 1

@Jason Carr Hi Jason that's fine it can wait until a few days after your Back from Retropalooza, hope you and your wife have a wonderful road-trip, and really enjoy yourselves while there as well as @SentaiBrad.  I will plod on trying to sort out where i have gone wrong.  On another note is it by design that background videos no longer work in the main coverflow, while the background art works when not using background videos. (VLC Player). 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Maddoc1007 said:

@Jason Carr Hi Jason that's fine it can wait until a few days after your Back from Retropalooza, hope you and your wife have a wonderful road-trip, and really enjoy yourselves while there as well as @SentaiBrad.  I will plod on trying to sort out where i have gone wrong.  On another note is it by design that background videos no longer work in the main coverflow, while the background art works when not using background videos. (VLC Player). 

Yea, im super super excited.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

We should create another thread and talk with @Rincewind to see if we can figure out why it's working for him. Sadly I'm going to have to break from this for a bit because I need to get some more stuff out before we leave for Retropalooza next week.

@Jason Carr

No problem thanks for all you have done with launchbox so far and understand you have things to do enjoy retropalooza.

I will have a play in the next few days removing speech packs etc and see if I have any joy

• Like 1

@Jason Carr Hi Jason solved the Image not resizeing by using imagebrush and putting it in where background is only thing with this is that some wheels and videos + banners are not resizeing small enough, so as a workaround i will resize everything for a 16.9 monitor and have in the themes folder a Views folder called Views16.9 so anyone having problems with sizeing issues on 16.9 monitors can replace the views in the Views folder (phew).  As the only 2 monitors i have to test with are 1280x1024 and a 1440x900, hope this workaround will do. Screeshot Of Horizontal wheel view

HWheel.png

• Like 1

On 23/09/2016 at 7:51 PM, Jason Carr said:

We should create another thread and talk with @Rincewind to see if we can figure out why it's working for him. Sadly I'm going to have to break from this for a bit because I need to get some more stuff out before we leave for Retropalooza next week.

Totally understand why this is frustrating for you @Jason Carr!

Have created a thread as requested: 

FYI: @orac31, @Rincewind

• Like 1

Thanks all. @Maddoc1007, I think we ended up settling on the no background videos for the fullscreen coverflow view for performance reasons. There's not much that shows up in the background anyways for that view so we moved on from it I think. I also tested the PlatformWheelVideoDetailsThumbsFiltersView thing and I was able to get the clear logos to show up just fine from the theme folder. It is confusing though because you have to have the right theme and refresh the images in order to get it show up. I did just add some extra code in the live stream to automatically refresh the platform wheels to make it less confusing.

@shinra358 I will look into the mouse click issue there.

@ckp I haven't been able to fix the LaunchBox VLC thing. I think it's a problem with the VLC interop library (different one than we use for Big Box that we just spent three years working on) and it's gonna be a royal pain to fix. At this point I'd say switch to WMP in LaunchBox if you can.

@martinconroy Thanks for creating that thread. Really hope we can figure something out.

Alright, I've put out a couple new betas today guys that have mostly minor bugfixes, but I've also majorly restructured the caching and image rendering for LaunchBox itself (again). Scrolling performance should be much better, in theory. More details are here:

Would really appreciate any testing you guys can do in LaunchBox scrolling and switching between filters, etc. It makes me nervous to have made these changes so close to Retropalooza, as I need to put out an official release before I leave on Thursday, and ideally I need a period after the release to fix stuff if something goes wrong. At this point I'm hoping to put out an official release on Wednesday morning. :)

• Like 3

@Jason Carr cant wait to watch that so thank you.  The theme is uploaded and am in the process of doing more colours i have red, dark red, blue and light blue done just four more to do orange, dark orange, green, dark green when i am finished you will have effectively 13 themes in one when you mix and match the colours, no other front end i think can effectively match this, xaml really is powerful wish i was a lot younger and able to learn it from scratch but am getting a bit long in the tooth i think LOL.  Just one question how do i upload and overwrite the existing upload with the new one when its fully finished.

• Like 1

Wheel skipping (falling out of place) seems seems completely fixed now ;)

Background images, music, etc. can still lag a bit though. I would like to suggest a caching option for the background images and gifs as well. As well as a caching completely off option. This could fix the remaining lag. However, it will have a downside. No randomization in the objects. So if one doesn't care about randomization, they could turn caching on. But if they do care about it, they can turn caching off.

• Like 1

If I hit Escape and scroll down and click anything that is not populated I can't escape or back out of it and I'm forced to go to Task Manager and close the BigBox process.

Example

View Custom Filter

View Series

View Sources

I can go in there and hit left or right arrow which brings up the search alphabet but I can't hit escape to back out like I can in the other View Options.