LaunchBox Community Forums

Metallic Theme

niglurion

10 hours ago, wallmachine said:

I'll be honest I haven't checked as I haven't Launched LaunchBox/BigBox in a while just because I'm still having problems with it. But from watching your videos I'm intrigued instead of the up and down transition between platforms and game views is it possible to have it just "appear" like a fluid transition?

Also is it possible to make it so the system names are not cut off at the top and bottom? image attached.

And will there be an option to have the wheel on the left and videos/ art on the right side?

That's a good point  @wallmachine
For the first one, it's related to BigBox itself. You can try to remove every translation but beyond that, I'm afraid I can't do anything.
The second point is fexed in the last version, thanks to you ;) (v0.5.4)
And for the last point, it's related to me :P. I prefer like this and we have only 5 views to customize. So I had to make a choice. 

• Like 1

Thank you @kerszr, Your help is welcome. :)

But I have a couple of points. 
Neo Geo Banner: The left character is stretched. It's something we must avoid at any cost. 
:$
Atari and Apple II: There're some artefacts remaining (on the right of the atari and on the II of the Apple one). 

The famicom one is perfect! I'll add it in the next update, next week (I am going on vacation tomorrow).
Thank you.

By the way, the new version has a new view. A  big tv screen :ph34r:

kelc.jpg

• Like 6

11 hours ago, wallmachine said:

I'll be honest I haven't checked as I haven't Launched LaunchBox/BigBox in a while just because I'm still having problems with it. But from watching your videos I'm intrigued instead of the up and down transition between platforms and game views is it possible to have it just "appear" like a fluid transition?

Also is it possible to make it so the system names are not cut off at the top and bottom? image attached.

You can change the transition effect at BigBox->Options->Transitions . By my point of view is that the Fade transition is the best to get a nice fluid transition.

Wheels are usually Strench to the parent grid so it depends of a particular resolution the outer systems from the wheel may be cut out. I like this behaviour but if you want to adjust in this particular case to a 16:9 resolution the easiest way (after some tests at 1080p) is to open with a text editor the "PlatformWheelImageDetailsThumbsFiltersView.xalm" file inside Metallic->Views folder. Search for  CameraZPosition="3.0" and change for CameraZPosition="3.2".

Edit: I came late and @niglurion already fix on last version.

Edited by elborra
  • Like 2

On 27 augustus 2016 at 9:19 AM, niglurion said:

Then... you will be disappointed... :(
This isn't working on a 4:3 monitor. Because all the UI was designed for 16:9, everything will be stretched. 
For 4:3, we have to remake every element and adjust it in every .xaml. Like create a new theme, in fact.  

But it's something I will work on later, I think. It will stays in the back of my mind and won't go away if I don't do anything about it xD

For the question about the "Favorites" box, not for the moment... But I plan to add a lot of tweaks and it may be a new option, yes. 

It would really be awesome if you release a 4:3 version in time. I understand that most themes are 16:9. It is not that i still use a old fashion monitor for my main pc setup, but i use LaunchBox as my FE for my Bartop, and i personally like a 4:3 monitor in there better, as all arcade games and early generation console games are made for 4:3 aspect ratio. Nevertheless, your theme looks amazing! Keep up the good work!!

• Like 1

On 8/26/2016 at 4:29 PM, Jason Carr said:

Hello, first time posting after I have bought the big box license. I recently downloaded this theme and love it! Thank you to the individual or team that created this, it is just amazing the creativity you guys have, truly though. I have a question, how can I make the wheel on the right be translucent like in this video rather than a wheel within a gray backdrop? If it is not possible anymore because of the version I have then no problem, it is a small detail I am curious about because I do not see a transparency option within the images option in big box.

Thanks again everyone! 

Thank you @donatello:)
I'm really happy to read such a wonderful compliment! It's for that I love to do such things ^^

For the translucent wheel, it's a good point. You inspired me and I think I'll do something for that. It may be a good feature. 
Right now, I'm developing this theme and I hope it will be complete in the end of the week.

This theme will be compatible for every type of monitor (4/3, 21/9 or even vertical) and for that, I have to remake every single element of the grid and UI. It's much more work than I thought. But it worth it. That way, for the next theme I'll make, I'll have a solid base. And of course, it can help others theme creators. 

Also, I'll delete some views, like the one with the title plateform on the top. It's not good enough to keep it. better to make a new version with a horizontal wheel instead. I'll also make alternative views with the wheel on the left and a better view for videos. (But I'll give another link if someone wants to keep these views). 

And of course, news views for game lists will be available for the v1.0. I think I'll work on only two and not 5, (5 is really a nightmare to update when you have to change one thing). 

So, my todo list, right now: 

• Make the wheel translucent (and can be set directly by the user)
  • Compatible with any type of monitor
  • News views for game lists
  • Reconsider Plateforms lists 
  • New view with horizontal menu

:D

Unfortunately, I've got a lot of work to do this week for my job IRL, so I can't work on it like I want, but I'll do my best to finish that as soon as possible ;) I've also a new idea, a new theme I want to develop, but I have to finish this one first.
Thank you everyone (and @Jason Carr of course, for this wonderful software and its help to build better custom themes :) )

• Like 2

Inside LaunchBox check the Themes Folder then Metallic\Images\Platforms inside the Platforms folder the is a folder called banner make sure the png's there are named the same as your platforms, also there is a folder called Fanart make sure the images inside this folder are named the same as your platforms as well.  For platforms and banners that there are no images for to match all your platforms and banners it will display your own default banners and fanart. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maddoc1007 said:

Inside LaunchBox check the Themes Folder then Metallic\Images\Platforms inside the Platforms folder the is a folder called banner make sure the png's there are named the same as your platforms, also there is a folder called Fanart make sure the images inside this folder are named the same as your platforms as well.  For platforms and banners that there are no images for to match all your platforms and banners it will display your own default banners and fanart. 

That worked. Thanks.

• Like 1