LaunchBox Community Forums

Who has the largest collection currently standing in Launchbox?

cleverest

Currently at 74,000, but still less than 8 TBs of space. Handpicked for bigger disk systems, lots of 1g1r sets, all hacks, translated, etc. versions imported as additional apps to the main game, but with a lot of the mame software list imported. 

• Collection very much has duplicate games across systems.
  • A few of the older PC systems imported I haven't been able to get working. 

So, I can't say the entire collection works, but just to give an idea. I see people talking about 16 plus terabytes and I'm assuming they are doing full lists for PS2 and up. 

4 hours ago, -McFly- said:

Where would I find out more about this romset?

The 130 (i think it was 130 could be bigger) was the full Alvro set, but I think that was fractured years ago. You can find remnants on archive org.

The 22,000 NES romset is part of GoodRoms sets. It *might* be the most complete NES romset if it really does include all the bootlegs, hacks, homebrews, unlicensed, etc. From my light compairing of my previous biggest set (NES2.0) it seems to.

• Thanks 1

I am about 25Tb with more than 200k

But I have added some soundtracks, a lot of flash games and my favourite anime ( old toons, like He-Man, Kyashan and so on), and my Magazine!! Zzap, Ace, Videogiochi etc.

Instead adding atm I am deleting windows game that I dont like, or that I have finished and I dont want to keep. Now I am on ZetZillions, I dont know if it is a great game or a foul game.

I Love LB/BB because I can have all in one place. I'd like to add also my books..I'll add later, I have my kindle that can explode.

Game on!

• Game On 1

15 minutes ago, Chris Kant said:

How do you all Ensure you are importing new games and not a copy of a game with another naming?

For me it is a mess of work especially because not every game has a perfect naming.

I decided a while back that to be sure every game was correctly named I'd have to play them, or at least start them up to make sure. There's too many, so I don't.

On 6/29/2024 at 12:58 AM, -McFly- said:

I decided a while back that to be sure every game was correctly named I'd have to play them, or at least start them up to make sure. There's too many, so I don't.

make absolute sense but as a datahorder and collector I always wanted to have all games - but only once.

10 hours ago, Chris Kant said:

interesting: but it costs 15euros for the byte to byte checks.

Is it worth it vs. manually doing it? ...or using another program? Find a free alternative. If you cannot, at least you have that option available.

• Game On 1

34 minutes ago, cleverest said:

Is it worth it vs. manually doing it? ...or using another program? Find a free alternative. If you cannot, at least you have that option available.

I know what you mean. at the moment I have nothing and keep it as it is or spend 15bucks and "just" have half way through. I know that I am looking for something bigger that compares my files to find doubles, bring the exact naming plus sort it for me. lets see what the future can handle

• Game On 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Chris Kant said:

image.thumb.png.d906d7b3d62b385ce841ce2e22b9c289.png

byte per byte comparison is something I would interpret as checksum checks etc. and this is not free. or do I misinterpret something

I think this deep a level isn't required, IMO. I'm only looking at files that were renamed, redated or similar. byte by byte isn't something I'd consider from a hobbyist perspective just to save space. I have saved hundreds of GB of space using this. You may want or need more space saved which goes beyond my needs.

Edited by -McFly-

8 hours ago, -McFly- said:

I think this deep a level isn't required, IMO. I'm only looking at files that were renamed, redated or similar. byte by byte isn't something I'd consider from a hobbyist perspective just to save space. I have saved hundreds of GB of space using this. You may want or need more space saved which goes beyond my needs.

if you are using multiple sources for games it is sometimes hard to manage to see if there are multiple times the same game in your system. especially if you are fighting with game hacks. therefore I would like to know if I have multiple identical copies beside of naming and size. I have trouble to manage this completely manually with the many retro games I have. and checksums are also important for Retroarch. I will not really save space at all because those games on ROMs rarely archived two digits or more (more than 10) of mb. and I have a lot of space.

I just want to increase the quality of my collection.

• Game On 1

3 hours ago, Chris Kant said:

if you are using multiple sources for games it is sometimes hard to manage to see if there are multiple times the same game in your system. especially if you are fighting with game hacks. therefore I would like to know if I have multiple identical copies beside of naming and size. I have trouble to manage this completely manually with the many retro games I have. and checksums are also important for Retroarch. I will not really save space at all because those games on ROMs rarely archived two digits or more (more than 10) of mb. and I have a lot of space.

I just want to increase the quality of my collection.

It does do CRC matching (free version), I just tried it on some videos at least....

• Like 1