LaunchBox Community Forums

18 hours ago, Kredian said:

Sounds good thank you for the response I am looking forwards to the upcoming changes.  This is my favorite theme by far.  I will definitely keep an eye for the release of 2.0. 

I just realized that today is the second year anniversary for RetrAO Cafe 1.6 

Capture112.thumb.PNG.ea4f017644e39c4baede6d20b74dfb1b.PNGTo celebrate this anniversary I will release RetrAO Cafe Classic for all current LB 9.4+ users to enjoy the theme until the upcoming release of RC 2.0 (which I hope it will be soon)

The Classic theme will have a couple of fixes to make it compatible with LB 9.4+ and I decided to include a couple of quality of life improvements and features to celebrate the second anniversary 

I will update this post as soon as the theme is released so stay tuned!

Edited by SNAK3ATER

10 hours ago, SNAK3ATER said:

I just realized that today is the second year anniversary for RetrAO Cafe 1.6 

Capture112.thumb.PNG.ea4f017644e39c4baede6d20b74dfb1b.PNGTo celebrate this anniversary I will release RetrAO Cafe Classic for all current LB 9.4+ users to enjoy the theme until the upcoming release of RC 2.0 (which I hope it will be soon)

The Classic theme will have a couple of fixes to make it compatible with LB 9.4+ and I decided to include a couple of quality of life improvements and features to celebrate the second anniversary 

I will update this post as soon as the theme is released so stay tuned!

You are the man.  Thank you.

18 hours ago, Strubdog said:

What is the recommended platform videos package for this theme?

Thanks

This theme is all about the 80s and the golden age of arcades so any media related that is retro and has synthwave will compliment RetrAO Cafe really well since the theme was inspired by Kung Fury. 

RetrAO Cafe doesn't have an official intro yet but for current selection of startup videos you can use @dmjohn0x intro that comes with the RetrAO Cafe Media pack or you can use any 80's and cyberpunk inspired intros from talented people like @ea4492's Star rider intro which can be found Here and @harryoke's retro intros such as Lost in gaming retro intro which can be found Here

As for platform videos I highly recommend you check out @PaDeMoNiuM's Cinematics especially the 80's platform themes that really fits with the theme which can be found Here and also another recommendation goes to @Zombeaver and his The Year 199X system videos that goes well with the look and feel of the theme which can be found Here

Finally, for Clear Logos and Banner I highly recommend going with anything Neon as this is how I designed my theme to go with. RetrAO Cafe officially uses @ea4492's Neon Logos which are bundled with the theme and as for platform banner I personally use and highly recommend @Zombeaver's Platform Banners which can be found Here

Hope this answers your question on what media I recommend using for RetrAO Cafe 

Edited by SNAK3ATER
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, vaderag said:

When can we expect a version working with the theme manager?! 

This is becoming my go-to there after the hacks you provided in the download section!

I have finished updating and fixing BIGFLIX and BIGFLIX PLUS themes and i'm in the process of submitting them for Bigbox Theme Manager for approval.

Now regarding the status of RetrAO Cafe 2.0 and RetrAO Cafe Classic, I have made great progress with RC 2.0 and i'm hoping for a release window of April ?

Now regarding the RetrAO Cafe Classic I can submit the theme as it is for Bigbox Theme Manager but that means i'll have to ditch custom fonts which I feel is an integral part of theme's look and feel. Currently i'm trying to find a way of bundling the fonts into the theme without having the users manually installing them which is taking some time as @Jason Carr method doesn't work with my theme due to the way I have coded and referencing the Xaml codes from the AOStyle file

Hope this gives you an update of the current progress of my themes

2 minutes ago, SNAK3ATER said:

I have finished updating and fixing BIGFLIX and BIGFLIX PLUS themes and i'm in the process of submitting them for Bigbox Theme Manager for approval.

Now regarding the status of RetrAO Cafe 2.0 and RetrAO Cafe Classic, I have made great progress with RC 2.0 and i'm hoping for a release window of April ?

Now regarding the RetrAO Cafe Classic I can submit the theme as it is for Bigbox Theme Manager but that means i'll have to ditch custom fonts which I feel is an integral part of theme's look and feel. Currently i'm trying to find a way of bundling the fonts into the theme without having the users manually installing them which is taking some time as @Jason Carr method doesn't work with my theme due to the way I have coded and referencing the Xaml codes from the AOStyle file

Amazing, thanks for the update!

Can't wait for RC2 :)

3 hours ago, SNAK3ATER said:

Awesome, I look forward to getting those in the themes manager as well.

I'm guessing the font issue is somehow because of eatkinola's styling plugins? It should in theory work in pretty much every situation, except I guess of course if the styles are being loaded differently due to a plugin. Either way, I think you should be able to just include a separate style file and reference it in your XAML files and that should work fine. Otherwise, you can use the DLL solution which is somewhere around here on these forums.

Thanks @SNAK3ATER. :)

• 3 weeks later...

@SNAK3ATER Can you help me figure this out, I am trying to improve the readability of your theme at the console selection view ( or whatever it's called ).
The images blends in too much with the background that I can sometimes barely see what console it is, well I can always look at the video.. but I want to see the text image as well! :D 

I photo-shopped in a black bar at the selection part, but it's still transparent, so I would assume that it lies somewhere in the code, and that is where I need help.
I will attach 3 images, one to show what I mean, and two of the photo-shopped images, I also added the .psd files if that would help you or someone else.

EDIT: I uploaded the wrong image to showcase about the readability issues, but that one also worked, but I added the one that I originally wanted to upload, also I tweaked the images to have this half transparent feature at the top of the images as well.

wheel4-alpha5.png

wheel3-alpha4.png

TeamViewer_2019-04-17_21-29-18.jpg

wheel4-alpha.psd wheel3-alpha.psd

TeamViewer_2019-04-20_02-04-06.jpg

Edited by Pyrre
  • Like 1