LaunchBox Community Forums

7.8-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

when updating to new beta 2 there was a problem locating  directX or finding the location to install it during the update, sorry not to be more specific, I was on my way out to drop the kids off and so I just skipped past it and shutdown my pc knowing i already have the latest direct x installed.

So I just created a playlist called "Super Mario Bros", and had it display in Platforms (did not pick a platform genre)

Then searched all platforms for "mario" and added everything to the above mentioned playlist. (including a few things that weren't super mario related...  on purpose)

Open the playlist, everything looked ok.

Deleted a title from it.  This is where things went sideways.

1) it deleted the title from the playlist AND from the original platform.   did not expect this.

2) now when I try and view that playlist, launchbox crashes.   its dead.  

Running beta 2.

• Like 1

Very strange. I've deleted a few things from mine without issue - it comes up with a message box asking if you want to also remove it from your collection in addition to removing it from your playlist, which you should select "no" to unless you want it to delete it from your library. Worked fine for me.

I will say that when I did this, I had the thought that it would probably be best if it didn't even suggest to do that unless it's enabled in the options - that unless it's specifically enabled it will never delete (or even offer to delete) a game from your collection. I just think this would keep people from making mistakes. Personally, I will never delete anything from my collection using this method - I wouldn't have added it to a playlist in the first place if I intended on deleting it from my collection.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Zombeaver said:

Very strange. I've deleted a few things from mine without issue - it comes up with a message box asking if you want to also remove it from your collection in addition to removing it from your playlist, which you should select "no" to unless you want it to delete it from your library. Worked fine for me.

I will say that when I did this, I had the thought that it would probably be best if it didn't even suggest to do that unless it's enabled in the options - that unless it's specifically enabled it will never delete (or even offer to delete) a game from your collection. I just think this would keep people from making mistakes. Personally, I will never delete anything from my collection using this method - I wouldn't have added it to a playlist in the first place if I intended on deleting it from my collection.

No option.  No message box.  It just deleted (and seemingly corrupted the playlist at the same time).

I had to delete the playlist to keep LaunchBox running.

Alright, beta 3 is out now guys; all issues above should be fixed sans for the issue with the side bar sorting. That one is proving to be very difficult simply because I can't seem to ever reproduce it on my machines, even when using someone else's data (I used @DOS76's on the live stream and still couldn't reproduce it), so that is still on my plate.

I spent the day just fixing bugs though, so nothing is new as of yet, but the issues with the deletes should be fixed. :)

• Like 4

Hi @neil9000

In your second image, when you enabled Game Counts you also enabled the ALL box.
If you turn ALL off then your platforms will sort ok.
With ALL on, they will be out of order whether Game Counts is on or off, but the order of

the out of order will change when Game Counts is toggled.
This issue first arose when the Platform Categories feature was implemented, but it's

behaviour has changed since 7.8 beta 1 arrived.

1 minute ago, spycat said:

Hi @neil9000

In your second image, when you enabled Game Counts you also enabled the ALL box.
If you turn ALL off then your platforms will sort ok.
With ALL on, they will be out of order whether Game Counts is on or off, but the order of

the out of order will change when Game Counts is toggled.
This issue first arose when the Platform Categories feature was implemented, but it's

behaviour has changed since 7.8 beta 1 arrived.

Thanks for that, I was actually just doing a test during todays live stream. Jason couldn't reproduce it on his system. I always have those off myself, but wanted to see if I could reproduce the bug, I could. Unfortunately Jason cant so its proving difficult to fix.

I'm getting poor scrolling performance in Big Box in certain views (again) - seemingly tied to scrolling notes. Previously I had been able to fix this by editing the GameDetailsView.xml in CityHunter to change line 66 from "scrollingnotesmod" to just "scrollingnotes", but now the performance issue is present even with that edit. It's like it hitches every time I switch to another game for a half second or so.