LaunchBox Community Forums

7.8-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

Hey Jason,

all the new features are amazing that you keep adding into Launchbox/BigBox. Keep up the great work.

I have one question. Could it be possible that, if you don't add any video path to a playlist, that launchbox automatically use the videos of all the games that are added to the playlist? Because now you need to add a copy of all the videos of all games to the specific playlists video folder.

Edited by deliyuerek85

4 minutes ago, deliyuerek85 said:

if you don't add any video path to a playlist, that launchbox automatically use the videos of all the games that are added to the playlist? Because now you need to add a copy of all the videos of all games to the specific playlists video folder.

Ehhh... that's how it works already. It's showing all my videos for games in a playlist like normal and I haven't duplicated anything. I mean you don't have to duplicate covers and other media and they show up fine too. If this is what's happening for you, something isn't working as it should.

46 minutes ago, Zombeaver said:

Ehhh... that's how it works already. It's showing all my videos for games in a playlist like normal and I haven't duplicated anything. I mean you don't have to duplicate covers and other media and they show up fine too. If this is what's happening for you, something isn't working as it should.

Sorry, I meant the platform video of the playlist. In the normal platforms you see all the videos in the folder randomly as platform videos. You can still add all the videos to the video folder that is specified for the playlist. But than I would have to copy all the videos of the games that are in the playlist to this folder. It would be more practical if Launchbox would show only the videos of the games that are in the playlist/platform.

It's not a big thing for me but it would be nice if it could be done.

I think the idea is that this allows you to add a video/clear logo/etc. that's specifically for the playlist. I think most people probably use platform-specific "intro" videos (or "theme videos" as they're generally referred to around here) as the platform videos rather than random snaps so with playlists you could use a playlist-specific intro/theme video.

I do understand what you're saying now though. If that's not possible currently it probably should be.

10 hours ago, spycat said:

Hi @FistyDollars

This issue has been there since the Categories were introduced, but now it seems to have gotten worse.
This is all tied in with the ALL NONE EXISTS and GAME COUNTS settings
You diddn't notice it before probably because you had ALL enabled but GAME COUNTS off.
But now the problem is worse and you are seeing it even with GAME COUNTS off.

So, next question: is it fixable at the user level, or do we need to wait for a fix from @Jason Carr?

Got the same error being posted... thought i'd let you know

App:     Big Box
Version: 7.8-beta-1
Type:    System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException
Site:    TValue get_Item(TKey)
Source:  mscorlib

at System.Collections.Concurrent.ConcurrentDictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
   at (<>c__DisplayClass148_0 )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.BigBox.ViewModels.MainViewModel.<>c__DisplayClass148_0.<InitializeGamesView>b__0()
   at (DataManager , Action )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Data.DataManager.BackgroundReloadSave(Action changes)
   at (MainViewModel , FilterType , Platform )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.BigBox.ViewModels.MainViewModel.InitializeGamesView(FilterType filterType, Platform platform)
   at (MainViewModel , Platform , String )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.BigBox.ViewModels.MainViewModel.ShowGames(Platform platform, String query)
   at (PlatformFiltersViewModelBase )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.BigBox.ViewModels.PlatformFiltersViewModelBase.OnEnter()
   at (MainViewModel )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.BigBox.ViewModels.MainViewModel.OnEnter()
   at (MainViewModel , KeyEventArgs )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.BigBox.ViewModels.MainViewModel.HandleKeyDown(KeyEventArgs e)
   at (MainView , Object , KeyEventArgs )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.BigBox.Views.MainView.MainView_OnPreviewKeyDown(Object sender, KeyEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndKeyboardInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawKeyboardActions actions, Int32 scanCode, Boolean isExtendedKey, Boolean isSystemKey, Int32 virtualKey)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndKeyboardInputProvider.ProcessKeyAction(MSG& msg, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.CriticalTranslateAccelerator(MSG& msg, ModifierKeys modifiers)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.OnPreprocessMessage(Object param)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

12:46:34 AM Music.Resume Start
   12:46:34 AM Music.Pause Start
   12:46:34 AM Music.Resume Start
   12:46:36 AM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   12:46:38 AM Music.Initialize Start
   00:46:38 Music.Kill Start
   00:46:38 Music.Kill Finished
   12:46:43 AM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   12:46:44 AM Exception

Also get a crash when trying to view playlists in BB. 

The given key was not present in the dictionary.

App:     Big Box
Version: 7.8-beta-1
Type:    System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException
Site:    TValue get_Item(TKey)
Source:  mscorlib

at System.Collections.Concurrent.ConcurrentDictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
   at (<>c__DisplayClass148_0 )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.BigBox.ViewModels.MainViewModel.<>c__DisplayClass148_0.<InitializeGamesView>b__0()
   at (DataManager , Action )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Data.DataManager.BackgroundReloadSave(Action changes)
   at (MainViewModel , FilterType , Platform )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.BigBox.ViewModels.MainViewModel.InitializeGamesView(FilterType filterType, Platform platform)
   at (MainViewModel , Platform , String )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.BigBox.ViewModels.MainViewModel.ShowGames(Platform platform, String query)
   at (PlatformFiltersViewModelBase )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.BigBox.ViewModels.PlatformFiltersViewModelBase.OnEnter()
   at (MainViewModel )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.BigBox.ViewModels.MainViewModel.OnEnter()
   at (MainViewModel , KeyEventArgs )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.BigBox.ViewModels.MainViewModel.HandleKeyDown(KeyEventArgs e)
   at (MainView , Object , KeyEventArgs )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.BigBox.Views.MainView.MainView_OnPreviewKeyDown(Object sender, KeyEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndKeyboardInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawKeyboardActions actions, Int32 scanCode, Boolean isExtendedKey, Boolean isSystemKey, Int32 virtualKey)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndKeyboardInputProvider.ProcessKeyAction(MSG& msg, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.CriticalTranslateAccelerator(MSG& msg, ModifierKeys modifiers)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.OnPreprocessMessage(Object param)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Recent Log:

8:22:53 PM Music.Pause Start
   8:22:53 PM Music.Resume Start
   8:22:53 PM Music.Resume Start
   8:22:54 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) HandleManager.Remove
   8:22:54 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) EventManager.Detach
   8:22:54 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) Free
   8:22:54 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) ReleaseMediaPlayerFunction
   8:22:57 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   8:22:58 PM Music.Initialize Start
   8:22:58 PM Music.Kill Start
   8:22:58 PM Music.Kill Finished
   8:23:01 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) HandleManager.Remove
   8:23:01 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) EventManager.Detach
   8:23:01 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) Free
   8:23:01 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) ReleaseMediaPlayerFunction
   8:23:03 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) HandleManager.Remove
   8:23:03 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) EventManager.Detach
   8:23:03 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) Free
   8:23:03 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) ReleaseMediaPlayerFunction
   8:23:03 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   8:23:03 PM Exception

4 hours ago, angelobodetti said:

So far the playlist feature is working really well for me. My only question for now is how do i remove a game from a playlist?

2 hours ago, Mega Gnar said:

How do i remove games from a playlist?

Go to the playlist in LB, select the game you want to delete and then press delete or right click on it and delete. It will ask you if you want to actually remove it from your collection as well. Select "no" unless you want it deleted from your library entirely.

Hey all, beta 2 is up and it should fix the error that people are seeing in Big Box when entering playlists; let me know if not, of course. For the other issues in this thread, I'll get back to them on Monday at the latest (if I don't get more time to tackle them this weekend). :)

• Like 6