LaunchBox Community Forums

7.8-beta-9 Released

Jason Carr

Beta 9 is out, guys. The platform theme video downloader now supports both platforms and playlists (yay for playlist theme videos!), and Big Box now has key mappings and controller button settings for switching to any view type (platforms, playlists, genres, etc.).

Also, I'm really hoping the LaunchBox side bar sorting bug is fixed. We went through it in the live stream this morning, and I gave it my best guess (I still can't replicate it), so we shall see. Let me know. Here's the remaining to-do list for playlists:

- Adding games to playlists from within Big Box
- A new tab in the playlist add/edit window to display the games in a grid for custom sorting
- Custom ordering for playlist items (needed?), currently uses the same ordering as everything else
- Auto-populating of certain playlists on imports (such as Capcom Classics, Namco Classics, etc. for the Arcade platform)

Thanks all. :)

• Like 5

Lol Neil. Great to see that you are so excited about the new beta but I‘m sure that Jason will fix this issue soon enough. I would really appreciate it if you wouldn’t spam every few minutes that it still doesn’t work, the notification system of the LaunchBox forum is killing me right now because of you ;)

• Like 2

Just now, CriticalCid said:

Lol Neil. Great to see that you are so excited about the new beta but I‘m sure that Jason will fix this issue soon enough. I would really appreciate it if you wouldn’t spam every few minutes that it still doesn’t work, the notification system of the LaunchBox forum is killing me right now because of you ;)

Yep sorry cid, just thought it was funny, your right though. Walking away.

• Like 1

Ruining the fun, sorting isn't working for my platforms. I had Arcade Consoles then Handhelds in that order. I added my Steam games to this beta and it created Computers. Now my sorting goes Arcade Computers Handhelds then Consoles. Handhelds is in the wrong spot.

edit: I'm still on v8 I thought it was updated.

Edited by DR9

@Jason Carr beta 9 did not do anything for the platform sorting. Maybe it is some kind of low level error as you talked about in the stream.

I've tried to add all my platforms/playlists to one single "category" and then I use the "platform category" view. I also tried changing the platforms sort titles. In this view, whatever I do, the sorting always work as expected. The sorting is also fine in BigBox. It's only the "platform" view in LB that has the sorting issue.

• Like 2

Awesome! Can't wait to try this tonight! Thanks for implementing the view switch!

Out of curiosity, did you ever have a chance to fix the additional app emulator + specified command line parameters bug? I don't remember seeing anything noted about it in subsequent updates so I hadn't tried it again.

Also, I did finally get all of the 199X videos uploaded into the downloads section so they should be good to go to add into the built-in downloader.

On a related note, it occurred to me the other day that we might need a separate download category and forum section for playlist media. I made a thread in the platform media forum for playlist clear logos that I'll be working on in the future but it might be a good idea to have a new section for these in the forums and downloads.

• Like 2