LaunchBox Community Forums

7.8-beta-9 Released

Jason Carr

13 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

I'd still appreciate it if you could, because that will really help me pinpoint the issue. You can check or set the key mappings easily enough under Options > Key Mappings. It's just arrow keys, Enter, and Escape by default for navigation.

Okay. I just did with the keyboard, and same issue. It actually took a bit longer to happen (more view switches) by my reckoning but I may have just been imagining it.

Edited by EazyCheeze1978
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Ah, not currently. Though that is another interesting use case. As previously discussed, I won't be adding a bunch of complicated AND or OR logic to it in an effort to keep it easy to use. What we *could* do to address this particular use case is add a field for "Developer or Publisher".

It seems to me that general boolean logic support would be much better. I doubt you'll be able to add enough special case field groupings to satisfy everyone, and that approach doesn't seem like it would work with custom fields. Something along the lines of what ComicRack does with smartlists doesn't seem overly complex: http://comicrack.cyolito.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=guides:smartlists

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

Beta 10 is out now guys; Big Box now supports adding and removing games from playlists via the game details screen. I'm also really hoping (once again) that I've fixed the side bar sorting bug, so let me know.

Next I'm going to get back to the arcade playlists. :)

@Jason Carr

It works using Keyboard for me now. But using 360 Controller I can assign them but nothing happens.  Also a note don't know if this was always the case but I noticed since I wanted the switches on the D-Pad but I can't assign anything to those 4.

Edited by ALIE
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, CriticalCid said:

I can confirm that the sorting issue only appears for me when I have the "All” item activated in the side bar. Also turning “Show Counts” off/on only helps to fix this issue for platforms but not for platform categories.

You have the sorting issue in the platform categories view? I've never seen it in that view. But I have seen it in the new playlists view.

After upgrading to beta 10, everything was still sorted correctly. I did change sort title for some platforms, and the sort issue was back.

Then I turned off "Show Counts", the platform was sorted again. I turned on the "Show Counts" again and the platforms is still sorted.

The problem is that Jason can't recreate this issue, even with the exact same Data folder.

Edited by Norfair
  • Like 1

On 3/6/2017 at 3:41 PM, Jason Carr said:

Ah, not currently. Though that is another interesting use case. As previously discussed, I won't be adding a bunch of complicated AND or OR logic to it in an effort to keep it easy to use. What we *could* do to address this particular use case is add a field for "Developer or Publisher".

I haven't seen the UI for this, but it could be kept simple and have the OR ability. Like, many apps I've seen with search filters just have a drop list selection for the filter condition that defaults to ALL (which it sounds like is the current behavior) selection, with the ability to select ANY for the filter condition, so that if you select ANY, it means any of the filter items that match are a hit (OR-ing).

Edit: here is an example screenshot of the filtering I'm describing:

Capture.PNG

Edited by ckp

Quick update guys, sorry I've been distant for the last couple of days. I'm knee-deep in development on the final playlist pieces: sorting options and automatic playlists for arcade divisions. I have both working currently but I still need to go back through and clean some things up and work on performance yet a bit. I should have a new beta out for you guys some time tomorrow.

I haven't been through the thread yet because I'm still focusing on development, but I should be able to catch up here tomorrow as well. Thanks all! :)

• Like 11

2 hours ago, EazyCheeze1978 said:

Go, Jason, go! I'm afraid I don't consider myself technically adept enough to beta test, but I will say that I am rooting you all on in all matters LaunchBox! With all of your efforts, I'm sure the release will be absolutely wonderful! :)

Hi there, do not be discouraged about beta testing, basically you can just open LaunchBox, Big Box and make normal stuff, like adding games and so on, if you crash or an option doesn't work properly you just need to report it.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Quick update guys, sorry I've been distant for the last couple of days. I'm knee-deep in development on the final playlist pieces: sorting options and automatic playlists for arcade divisions. I have both working currently but I still need to go back through and clean some things up and work on performance yet a bit. I should have a new beta out for you guys some time tomorrow.

I haven't been through the thread yet because I'm still focusing on development, but I should be able to catch up here tomorrow as well. Thanks all! :)

Thank you! Very excited for arcade playlists. 

• Like 3

I just noticed an issue while testing 7.8-beta-10 against MAME TTL roms. The problem also exist with 7.7 official release.
If you try to launch a TTL rom directly from MAME64.exe such as "breakout" and you have a complete set or roms (2nd screenshot), the game will start properly (1st screenshot) despite the fact that in a complete set, breakout.zip will not exist.

Based on the above information, I was expecting LaunchBox to have the ability to launch that same game when the "Use file name only without extension or folder path" checkbox is enabled on the Emulator settings (3rd screenshot) but LB check for the existence of breakout.zip (which will not exist if you have a complete and clean set).
Without a dummy rom file "breakout.zip", LB will return an error saying that "The ROM file you've specified does not exist".
I would like to suggest that the file check should be skipped when the "Use file name only without extension or folder path" is enabled which would allow all TTL games to work without have to create a bunch of dummy rom files.

In addition, if you create those dummy rom files, LB will be able to launch those games but clrmamepro will complain that these files are unnecessary.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

2 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

I know this is just a workaround but you could make the dummy files in a different directory and just add that to you MAME.ini file path. This would add the game to LB and avoid issues with CLRMAMEPro

I really like your idea @DOS76 I will follow your suggestion and give that a try but as you pointed out, it is a workaround.

Hopefully, Jason can implement this change if he agrees. ;)