LaunchBox Community Forums

CityHunter

View File

If you are a fan of the 80's, lasers, neon, fast cars and cyber punk then this is the theme for you!  All you Cyber Punks Stay Rad.

Instructions:

Extract CityHunter 2 to "LaunchBox\Themes"
Choose CityHunter 2 in Options > Views > Theme
Set Video Playback Engine to VLC or WMP in Options > Videos

Theme Files:

• CityHunter 2 (theme)

Video Files:

• Akira - Neo Tokyo
  • Blame!
  • CityHunter
  • CityHunter 2
  • Cyber Punk 2077
  • Eva - 01
  • Flash Back 2012 - Scanlines
  • Flash Back 2012
  • The Grid
  • VHS Grid

Clear Logo Wheel Set and Banners

• Banners
  • Clear Logos

Edited by keltoigael
  • Like 5

Would you all prefer for the theme files to not include video's attached to the theme making the updating process easier and quicker to download? The option to still download the video's will still be available. That way you can just pick and choose what you want.

Thoughts?

This is amazing! Can someone help me tweak the code just a bit?

I use the Nosh banners as platform wheel logos. In Nosh's theme they basically take up the entire scroll row and there isn't any space between each banner. I would like that same setup here. So in the platform wheel 3 view (vertical logo) I would like the banners to be larger and very close together. Right now there is a ton of space and the are shrunken.

Any help is appreciated!

On 8/28/2017 at 9:06 PM, angelobodetti said:

This is amazing! Can someone help me tweak the code just a bit?

I use the Nosh banners as platform wheel logos. In Nosh's theme they basically take up the entire scroll row and there isn't any space between each banner. I would like that same setup here. So in the platform wheel 3 view (vertical logo) I would like the banners to be larger and very close together. Right now there is a ton of space and the are shrunken.

Any help is appreciated!

This would require you to change all of the grid sizes for the view in question. Not an easy thing to do because you have to find the right balance or everything will be thrown off. @CriticalCid is the actually coder of the CriticalZoneV2 theme which CityHunter 2 is built off of. He might have a better idea of what you would need to edit. I don't think it will be easy to do though but it is possible.

Edited by keltoigael

So in trying to cut down video file size for CityHunter - Mini I was able to reduce CityHunter 2 background video from 278mb to 108mb with zero loss in quality. I will be going through and re-doing each and every video in the download section to cut back file sizes and make the downloading and uploading process less painful. 

Just a quick update. I am working on the changes that Cid implemented recently into CZV2. Its almost a complete rebuild but once done it should be the last time we have to do something like this. The reason being is that a lot of the properties have changed and will finally squash that nasty DPI scaling issue BigBox themes have. CityHunter 2 should play nice on large screens with DPI scaling higher than 100%.

With all that said, this is a slow process and current real life events has me tied up atm but the update is being worked on. I also wanted to finish Blade Runner (Theme) before diving in head first.

• Thanks 1

I tried this out on the latest beta and it threw like 4 errors in a row and I couldn't even use one of the views so it defaulted to another one that I never use.  It was really weird.  Like lines and lines of crazy code crap in the error window popups.  I went back to the first cityhunter.  Has anyone ran into that yet?