LaunchBox Community Forums

7.12-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

3 minutes ago, ALIE said:

Congratulations. Curious question is Wood completely done making videos not that ETA is doing bad with the news. Both are great 

I reached out to him recently; I hope he's not permanently done but he is at least taking a break for a while.

• Like 1

What a topic this became, and what a teamwork guys! Don't know what GunerX is was talking about. Keep up to good work! And Jason, I think you proved you are not letting down LB/BB after introducing Music Box Alpha. Big release man, appreciate your hard work!

Edited by Machello
  • Like 1

Just now, lordmonkus said:

It was stuff in another thread which he escalated in separate threads cause he was pissed at me.

You guys totally rock. Always ready for help, responding quick. Jason could not wish for better 'volunteers'. My compliments!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

@NJDave71 Gotcha with the specs. Also make sure your CoverFlow image quality setting is set to Medium or Low or Lowest, as I discovered recently that 8 gig systems have a lot of trouble with CoverFlow using the full size images (you'll also have to refresh your CoverFlow images if you change that setting).

Just downloaded the latest version. Still locking up when scrolling through platform's and games.  During Attract Mode wheel images vanish during wheel animation.  Startup videos blank every other launch using WMP.  At this point I might need to delete all my media and Data files and start over.  

2 hours ago, lordmonkus said:

Thanks, I keep things on a pretty tight leash around here in terms of people acting like children and that rubs some people the wrong way sometimes.

Well some of us I am sure welcome that @lordmonkus. For me the fact this forum stays on top of helping members as well as making sure we keep pettiness out of our community is the main reason I stick around. Keep up the good work everyone. 

1 hour ago, Machello said:

Can't make everybody happy 

Seems to be my motto too these days...

17 minutes ago, NJDave71 said:

Just downloaded the latest version. Still locking up when scrolling through platform's and games.  During Attract Mode wheel images vanish during wheel animation.  Startup videos blank every other launch using WMP.  At this point I might need to delete all my media and Data files and start over.  

To be honest it sounds like there's something fishy going on on that machine. I guess we'll see if other folks run into the same issues. Just don't understand how all that can come up after I've been testing for weeks on so many different machines.

i upgraded 3 of my 7.12 setups on two systems. all are working fine so far. i mean the BB wheel has always been a little jerky, but i see no new problems anyway. 

hey @Jason Carr , this isn't new but i noticed when i delete a game that has more than one file (like cue and bin), you only seem to be deleting the file in the rom file field (like the cue) but leaving other files, including big ones. i'm using the option to delete the actual game files, because i'm making a new "portable" LB setup and i want all extra image files and game files removed, so i only have what i need when all done setting up. well, maybe it's too hard to delete them all, i don't know...

another weird thing with delete is that if you select more than one game at a time to delete it will ask you a third question about if you wan to delete the additional apps too, but if you say yes, it will delete more games than just the ones you selected, like all the region versions too that you didn't even select. and i don't have combine roms on either

Edited by ckp

1 minute ago, Jason Carr said:

Seems to be my motto too these days...

To be honest it sounds like there's something fishy going on on that machine. I guess we'll see if other folks run into the same issues. Just don't understand how all that can come up after I've been testing for weeks on so many different machines.

I want to rule that out as well on my end.

2 minutes ago, ckp said:

another weird thing with delete is that if you select more than one game at a time to delete it will ask you a third question about if you wan to delete the additional apps too, but if you say yes, it will delete more games than just the ones you selected, like all the region versions too that you didn't even select.

The different region games are the additional apps that is asking you if you want to delete.

3 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

The different region games are the additional apps that is asking you if you want to delete.

but thats the bug. i have 0 additional apps on the games i'm deleting. i do not use combine roms either.

edit: it's easy to try this and see.

Edit2: to make it more clear, i have say 3 games of "game x", one is us one is japan one is europe. they are not combined and show as three separate games in LB with no additional apps on any of them. i select europe and japan cuz i only want us. then i delete. it still asks me on the third question if i want to delete additonal apps, well i say sure because if there are any addiotional apps on them i want those gone too. but in the end all 3 get deleted.

Edited by ckp