LaunchBox Community Forums

Zombeaver's PCSX2 Configs / Simple 1-Click Installs With PCSX2 Configurator

Zombeaver

I don't really follow. It will load whatever card you tell it to load.

Go to the game in your library, right-click, configure, now go to Config -> Memory Card. You should see the per-game memory card in slot 1 and Mcd002.ps2 in slot 2. Go to slot 2, eject the card, find the card that has the data you want to copy over (probably Mcd001.ps2) and insert it into slot 2. Then go to CDVD -> No Disc. Then System -> Boot Bios. Now go to the second memory card in the browser, find the save you want to transfer over, press X, and select "Copy". Now go back to the Memory Card list in PCSX2, eject the card from slot 2, and add Mcd002.ps2 back into slot 2.

Another option would be to load the save from the previous card in the game, then go back to the PCSX2 UI, go back to the memory card manager, insert the per-game card, and then save in game to that card.

2 hours ago, mssngr said:

Thanks for your response. I have been trying to copy my old saves to the new game named memory card.

It does work when I use PCSX2 without the configurator.

But when I load the game via the configurator it keeps loading the first per game memory card it created. I've tried removing the game file from the mem folder. Also reformatting did not work. It keeps reloading to the memorycard it created the first time I used PCSX2 Configurator. Any idea how to reset the memorycard to its original state?

Oke I figured it out. If I start a game I have to alt tab to the gui and select the personal memory card. Otherwise it just loads either the default or last played game memory card.

Is this the normal behaviour, because I was under the impression the personal memory card would be loaded with said game.

6 minutes ago, mssngr said:

Oke I figured it out. If I start a game I have to alt tab to the gui and select the personal memory card. Otherwise it just loads either the default or last played game memory card.

Is this the normal behaviour, because I was under the impression the personal memory card would be loaded with said game.

No, that's not the normal behavior. So long as "Use independent memory cards" is checked in the settings menu for the configurator, it should be injecting the per-game memory card into the game's .ini automatically. Go to PCSX2/inis/ and delete the folder for the game. Now go back to LB and create a config via right-click "Configure...". Close PCSX2. Go back to your PCSX2/inis/ folder and open the folder for the game. Now open the ini in that folder named PCSX2_ui.ini. Scroll down until you see a section named "Memory Cards". You should see a line that will say:

Slot1_Filename=

The filename after that should be the per-game memory card. This should be happening automatically on creation, and this ini should be loaded when starting the game.

21 hours ago, Zombeaver said:

I've added new configs for the below titles. Hoooooo-boy were these a pain to get right, but I'm really happy with them after all of it. These are extremely system-intensive games (especially the Dark Alliance games), so much so that I initially thought I was going to have to stick with 2x scaling but was eventually able to come up with some settings that are giving me 55-60fps at all times at 3x. That said, if they perform poorly on your PC, you'll likely need to reduce the scaling to 2x.

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II
Champions: Return to Arms

I also updated the existing Champions of Norrath config based on some things I learned while making these. They're all Snowblind engine games so the configs are basically the same between them, just with a slightly different TC offset for the Dark Alliance games than the Champions games. Just a reminder that if you've already downloaded a config previously, you can perform a recheck (and update) by holding left ctrl when you click "Configure..." in LB.

Great job on getting the Baldur's Gate games configs tweaked, I know they were tough and can be a challenge and some games can struggle with PCSX2 for sure. Hopefully one day PCSX2 can be comparable to Dolphin with some of the games. I know right now Dark Alliance on GameCube in Dolphin is way more advanced and plays great with no configuration at all other than increasing the IR up to 4x Native and AF at 16X and is rock solid for the most part.

18 hours ago, mssngr said:

And I have a request, there are two game I am having difficulty with getting to run smoothly. The Getaway and The Getaway: Black Monday. Any chance you can have a look at these titles? No rush but any help would be greatly appriciated.

So I've been messing around with this one for a while now... this game's pretttttty rough. I don't know that I'd call it unplayable, but it's pretty damn rough, no matter what settings I use. It just seems to be a massively system-intensive. During gameplay, it seems to be mostly okay but it fluctuates. Cutscenes have severe intermittent slowdown depending on what's going on though. I tried pretty much everything I could think of but nothing really improved it much.

Below is what I ended up with, but I will not be uploading these to github and I'll be removing the game from my library because it's just not in a sufficiently playable state for me.

No hacks, gamefixes, or alterations to EE/IOP, VUs, or GS. I tried different changes to EE Cycle Rate but it didn't really change anything. Changing the audio sync rate to async will make the audio play normally but the video (in cutscenes at least) lags so much and so frequently that the audio becomes completely out of sync almost immediately. Async is useful for games that have very brief, sporadic dips in performance, but bad when you're consistently getting bad performance. D3D9 is the least taxing hardware renderer, but it didn't help much. Software wasn't any better. Sorry dude, I tried :/
image.thumb.png.9122fb8c18a848b74e940eed7065c559.pngimage.thumb.png.d82625d660183d0fd1df9c352aff44c2.png

I've added new configs for the below titles. Details are on the sheet.

Fatal Frame
Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly
Fatal Frame III: The Tormented

King's Field: The Ancient City
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES

I've also made a slight update to the Soul Calibur 3 and Odin Sphere configs which will improve performance a bit. Soul Calibur 3 still has a little bit of slowdown on the next-to-last stage of storymode but there were two other stages that had some occasional hiccups that've been cleared up.

• Like 1

Seriously great work @Zombeaver. Just a tip, that is briefly mentioned in the Readme for my plugin, but I'd thought I'd mention it here anyway. You can force a game to check if there is an available config by holding the left-control key when pressing the configure button. This could be a convenient way of updating a config, without first having to delete the games folder.

8 hours ago, Zombeaver said:

No, that's not the normal behavior. So long as "Use independent memory cards" is checked in the settings menu for the configurator, it should be injecting the per-game memory card into the game's .ini automatically. Go to PCSX2/inis/ and delete the folder for the game. Now go back to LB and create a config via right-click "Configure...". Close PCSX2. Go back to your PCSX2/inis/ folder and open the folder for the game. Now open the ini in that folder named PCSX2_ui.ini. Scroll down until you see a section named "Memory Cards". You should see a line that will say:

Slot1_Filename=

The filename after that should be the per-game memory card. This should be happening automatically on creation, and this ini should be loaded when starting the game.

No matter what I try It keeps loading the memory card selected for the previous game. All my old saves are now copied on the correct mem card. When I left click en press configure the gui shows the correct mem card even when switching games. Once I actually load up a game it keeps selecting the last mem card used. So something is off. I have also tried to check and un check the box on Tools>PCSX2 Configurator Settings. But this also did not change anything.

Maybe a clean install would be the best solution.  What would be the best way to do this?

7 hours ago, Zombeaver said:

So I've been messing around with this one for a while now... this game's pretttttty rough. I don't know that I'd call it unplayable, but it's pretty damn rough, no matter what settings I use. It just seems to be a massively system-intensive. During gameplay, it seems to be mostly okay but it fluctuates. Cutscenes have severe intermittent slowdown depending on what's going on though. I tried pretty much everything I could think of but nothing really improved it much.

Below is what I ended up with, but I will not be uploading these to github and I'll be removing t

No hacks, gamefixes, or alterations to EE/IOP, VUs, or GS. I tried different changes to EE Cycle Rate but it didn't really change anything. Changing the audio sync rate to async will make the audio play normally but the video (in cutscenes at least) lags so much and so frequently that the audio becomes completely out of sync almost immediately. Async is useful for games that have very brief, sporadic dips in performance, but bad when you're consistently getting bad performance. D3D9 is the least taxing hardware renderer, but it didn't help much. Software wasn't any better. Sorry dude, I tried :/

Thanks for trying, I was hoping you could find something I coulnd't. It is a great game, story wise, so without good cut scenes it is not enjoyable to play. Thanks anyway!

5 hours ago, mssngr said:

No matter what I try It keeps loading the memory card selected for the previous game. All my old saves are now copied on the correct mem card. When I left click en press configure the gui shows the correct mem card even when switching games. Once I actually load up a game it keeps selecting the last mem card used.

This doesn't make any sense to me. Are you saying that one game is loading the independent memory card from a different game when you start it? But it has the correct independent memory card in the GUI? I'm not really sure what to suggest because I'm not sure how that's even possible.

Again, it uses whatever you tell it to use. You need to delete the ini folder for the game, create a new one via right-click "Configure", and then check the PCSX2_ui.ini in the folder it creates. Check the line "Slot1_Filename=" It should be directed to the independent card for that game. That'll be what it uses when you start the game. It's not going to change that unless you tell it to. The only way it'd be using a different card when you start the game (other than manually changing it in the GUI or .ini) is if you were to then edit the game in LB and change the command-line to direct it to a different set of inis afterwards, which I'm assuming you're not doing.

If it's still not working after that, you'll need to talk to @alec100_94.

@mssngr I'm still a little confused to exactly what behaviour you are expecting. Independent Memory Cards means a separate Memory Card for each Game, i.e. a new file will be created in your memcards folder for each game you configure. When you select the play option in LaunchBox it'll launch with that games Memory Card.

If you don't like this behaviour then you can disable it by un-checking "Use Independent Memory Cards" in the settings. If you have already configured a game with the "Use Independent Memory Cards" flag on it will still be using it's own Memory Card, this can be changed from PCSX2's UI after pressing configure on the game you want to change. Alternatively you can delete the games config folder (In PCSX2\inis) by default and start again.

I would recommend using an Independent Memory Card for games, as it ensures that you never run out of space, but that is down to personal preference. If you want to copy saves between memory cards easily try MyMC.

It is really weird. I will try to explain my situation step by step.

When I left click right click on a let's say Tekken 5 in LB en press configure it will show the correct mem card (with the mem card named tekken) in the pcsx2 GUI. All looks well. When I close the GUI and then load tekken from LB, then alt tab to the GUI the tekken mem card will not be loaded. The first time it had the default mem card loaded.

I would then load the tekken mem card and it would work for this session.

If  I then close Tekken and left click right click on GTA III, press configure, in the mem card section in slot 1 would be the GTA III mem card. All looks well again.  If I close the GUI and then open GTA III in LB wait for it to load, alt tab to the GUI, look in the mem card section, the Tekken 5 card would still be in slot 1, if I then load the GTA III mem card it would work again for this session.

So this goes on and on, if I load up the next game via LB it would look good when configuring, but when I actually load the game (via LB) it will always have the mem card of the previous game in slot 1.

Hope this is clear enough .

[Edited a few komma's]

[edit 2, changed all the left click to right clicks]

Edited by mssngr

Just now, Zombeaver said:

Based on the post in the plugin thread, sounds like Alec's got you (or will be getting you) sorted out @mssngr! Glad the mystery's been solved :)

Yes Alec found the problem. The problem was that my Launchbox's language was not in English. So this could potentially effect others. If anyone is reading this and is having a similar problem just PM @alec100_94. He will address this in his next release.  Sorry I meant to post it here sooner but got stuck in configurations. :)

Thanks for the help!

I know I probably screwed something up, but I'm catching hell getting the plugin to work.

If I right click and select "config" (exmple silent hill 3) zombeavers script pops up and asks if I want to download optimized settings. I can't interact with this window with the mouse at all. Can't click yes, no or X. But I read that it works with keyboard keys so I click Y, and the script disappears and PCSX2 opens. I don't know if it downloaded the configs or not. (incidentally, this isn't scaling issue, as I put mine down to %100 percent to test).

The next time and all subsequent times I've clicked "config" for silent hill 3, PCSX2 opens, and that's all that happens. I've tested it with a dozen games. The plugin seems to only open the emulator. 

I know I probably screwed something up, but I can't imagine what it could be.

No, PCSX2 is supposed to appear afterwards, that's normal. That's so that you can change them after they're downloaded if you want to. There isn't a "downloading" message or anything. It's applied pretty much instantly - they're only a couple kb each. When you start the game it'll be using the downloaded config.

I don't know why you wouldn't be able to interact with the window via the mouse though, that's obviously not normal. @alec100_94 any ideas there? Everything else you're describing is normal though. You should be able to start up the game and be good to go.