LaunchBox Community Forums

Zombeaver's PCSX2 Configs / Simple 1-Click Installs With PCSX2 Configurator

Zombeaver

New configs:

Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies
Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War
Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War
Silpheed: The Lost Planet

Ace Combat 04 has a lot of problems in hardware rendering. Even with some work, the best you can get it in hardware is "not great", with the player's plane being black and all clouds missing. Software doesn't have these issues so it's using software.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zombeaver said:

Sorry no new configs in the last week guys, I've been having a lot of health issues lately which have really knocked me on my ass. I felt a bit better yesterday so hopefully that'll continue moving forward so that I can get back to work on these.

Does all this for free in his spare time to benefit us all, doesn't feel well. Get off your ass and do more work!

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

New configs:

Drakan: The Ancients' Gates
Forever Kingdom
RLH: Run Like Hell
Spyro: Enter The Dragonfly
Star Wars: Bounty Hunter
Summoner 2

Urban Chaos: Riot Response

I've also made an update to the Wizardry: Tale of the Forsaken Land config. It's now using Bob tff interlacing instead of Auto, and is using D3D instead of GL. It's a nice improvement to the visuals.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

This is just amazing!

Thank you so much Zombeaver! 9_9

Do you know already what games are likely to be next on your list?

I'd love to see those ones if I may:

Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3
Ecco the Dolphin
Micro Machines V4
Super Monkey Ball Deluxe
We Love Katamari

5 hours ago, Nocta said:

This is just amazing!

Thank you so much Zombeaver! 9_9

Thanks! Happy to help! :)

5 hours ago, Nocta said:

Do you know already what games are likely to be next on your list?

I'd love to see those ones if I may:

Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3
Ecco the Dolphin
Micro Machines V4
Super Monkey Ball Deluxe
We Love Katamari

DBZ I've got on the list already. I've added the others.

The DC version of Ecco runs well in Demul, but I've added it to the list anyway.

If memory serves, the Katamari games have some issues based on their PCSX2 wiki pages (which, admittedly, are frequently outdated/inaccurate). I've intended to try them out for a bit but I'd been putting it off because what I read on the wiki didn't sound encouraging.

I do fully intend to get back to working on these but lately I've been neck-deep in other projects. Only so many hours in the day :/

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Zombeaver said:

I do fully intend to get back to working on these but lately I've been neck-deep in other projects. Only so many hours in the day :/

How many hours does your day count? You're already doing so much!

I didn't know about your new project, it's awesome! :x

Edited by Nocta

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't tried these yet, I am currently on the stable build and it works as far as I can tell. I haven't really had any of the issues described in the OP.

This all sounds really good though, I just wondered if it is really as simple as updating to the latest PCSX2 version, downloading the config tool and then pressing a button within it, and that automatically set it to the optimal settings?? Sounds almost too good to be true! 

I just want to make sure I know what I am getting myself in to before I do it, as I am a bit of a noob and everything works for me as it is currently, so I don't want to break it! 

Any reassurance someone could give me about making the jump would be great, as I plan on expanding my PS2 library soon and I assume that will mean I am more likely to come across issues, currently only have about 10 games! :)

Thanks for any help you can give me, and also thanks for all your hard work Zombeaver!

Edited by WuTangDan

11 minutes ago, WuTangDan said:

I haven't tried these yet, I am currently on the stable build and it works as far as I can tell. I haven't really had any of the issues described in the OP.

This all sounds really good though, I just wondered if it is really as simple as updating to the latest PCSX2 version, downloading the config tool and then pressing a button within it, and that automatically set it to the optimal settings?? Sounds almost too good to be true! 

I just want to make sure I know what I am getting myself in to before I do it, as I am a bit of a noob and everything works for me as it is currently, so I don't want to break it! 

Any reassurance someone could give me about making the jump would be great, as I plan on expanding my PS2 library soon and I assume that will mean I am more likely to come across issues, currently only have about 10 games! :)

Thanks for any help you can give me, and also thanks for all your hard work Zombeaver!

Ill let @Zombeaver give a more concise comment if he wants to, but essentially yes you just right click the game in launchbox and click configure, if zombeaver has created a config for that game you will be notified and asked if you want to download it.

The fact that you haven't run into any problems doesn't mean they don't exist. They do, I can assure you. There are games that literally don't work or run extremely poorly on stable that are just fine in the newest builds. If you're planning on playing any remotely sizable number of PS2 games, you will want to be on a development build. Many, many games have been fixed in the nearly 2 years since 1.4.0.

You can update your existing version of PCSX2 but I really recommend starting fresh. Some files tend to get left over from previous builds that are no longer compatible. The development builds are portable, so you can just extract them into a folder named PCSX2 1.5.0 or whatever you want, then add it as your emulator in LB. It's important to note that, currently, you can only have one PCSX2 emulator entry in LB in order for the Configurator plugin to work.

As far as your description of what you're doing in LB... yep. It's as simple as it sounds. You import your games into your library (scrape them for metadata, images, etc.) then right-click and click configure. If it matches a game that I've created a config for, it asks if you want to download it. If you select yes it downloads and applies it. It's about as streamlined and painless as we could possibly make it :P

That's awesome, I really appreciate the quick and helpful responses you guys.

So impressed with not only the Launchbox/Bigbox app, but also the amazing community!

I hope you don't mind me resurrecting an old PS1 thread too @Zombeaver ?? 

I had some questions on that, as it was quite a confusing tutorial for me :P

Many thanks.

yeah you will find that no one here will cry when you post in an old thread. We actually appreciate when people search and look through threads for answers instead of asking questions that have been answered repeatedly although we don't really ever complain about that either. Basically the only rules on these forums is be courteous and don't act like a dick and don't link any copyrighted material

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...