LaunchBox Community Forums

CoverBox

faeran

On 2/13/2018 at 5:03 AM, ea4492 said:

Im loving these thmes, but for the gamecube theme, will you be making a variation cause i would like to have the game video box bigger since i think the size of the video look funny and maybe the game clear logo could be in the video like it is in the n64 them. Hope this make sense and keep making these themes :)

I have released a variation on the CoverBox - GameCube theme, as per @ea4492's request.

You can now download it from the CoverBox Theme page.

CoverBox - GameCube - 2

5a88bd7bc72af_CoverBox-GameCube-3.thumb.png.443085323e705dedf3a794a31593e374.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Theme looks great!  Unfortunately they are not working for me. I have installed them per the instructions but when I pick them in the Big Box theme selector, and cycle through all views, I just get generic looking themes (no box background) and all of them (NES, SNES, Gamecube) look exactly the same.  Any advice on what I'm going wrong?  Thanks for any advice!

R

27 minutes ago, alnyden said:

Theme looks great!  Unfortunately they are not working for me. I have installed them per the instructions but when I pick them in the Big Box theme selector, and cycle through all views, I just get generic looking themes (no box background) and all of them (NES, SNES, Gamecube) look exactly the same.  Any advice on what I'm going wrong?  Thanks for any advice!

R

I'm sure you are, but if your not, make sure that you are on the latest version or even the latest beta of launchbox. Also when switching themes, choose the main theme for platforms and go into a platform games view that you want to use these themes on, so N64 for example, then press J on the keyboard and a box should come up to choose the coverbox theme you want N6,4 and then switch the view, and do that for all the other platforms and it should work. Let us know if the themes work or not :)

Edited by ea4492
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, alnyden said:

R

Pics of what you are seeing would be helpful to better direct you what you need to do. Since his themes do not use certain banners or clear logos you just need to download the version(s) you want, unzip them to the \Launchbox\Themes folder and then open BigBox. Make sure you have setting in place to use different views per platform otherwise when you change one it will affect them all and you know which key is mapped to switch the theme while in platform view.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, alnyden said:

R

This happened to me before when switching themes and i noticed it was because I messed up unzipping the theme.  i didnt choose "unzip here"  and i unzipped it to a folder of the same name which caused it to be nested within another folder.  LB will see the theme because of the folder name but there wont be any xml files etc for it to go off of so itll be essentially choosing the default view. 
TL:DR, make sure your themes aren't nested within subfolders

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, ea4492 said:

I'm sure you are, but if your not, make sure that you are on the latest version or even the latest beta of launchbox. Also when switching themes, choose the main theme for platforms and go into a platform games view that you want to use these themes on, so N64 for example, then press J on the keyboard and choose the coverbox theme N64 and then switch the view, and do that for all the other platforms and it should work. Let us know if the themes work or not :)

Thanks for the response!  I do have the latest theme and have tried all of the above.  Not sure what I'm doing wrong -- this is the only theme I'm having an issue with.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Phoenix415 said:

This happened to me before when switching themes and i noticed it was because I messed up unzipping the theme.  i didnt choose "unzip here"  and i unzipped it to a folder of the same name which caused it to be nested within another folder.  LB will see the theme because of the folder name but there wont be any xml files etc for it to go off of so itll be essentially choosing the default view. 
TL:DR, make sure your themes aren't nested within subfolders

This was the problem!  Thanks for the help everyone.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, faeran said:

Which theme were you thinking of?

I was thinking of the Gamecube 2 version. But it could also be done with the N64 and the SNES, you just need to remove the clear logo since video themes already have them. You are the expert, I leave it to you to figure out. :)

14 hours ago, Suhrvivor said:

I was thinking of the Gamecube 2 version. But it could also be done with the N64 and the SNES, you just need to remove the clear logo since video themes already have them. You are the expert, I leave it to you to figure out. :)

Sometime this weekend, I can definitely make you a version of those 2 without the clear logos.

• Like 1