LaunchBox Community Forums

Theme XAML Request/Idea

brianschultz

1 hour ago, brianschultz said:

Hey I'm new to the forums and I was wondering if someone could make a theme similar to the Playstation 4 or the Xbox One UI. I really like the Switch Theme by Grila and think it would be cool to have a theme similar to those consoles as well. maxresdefault111.thumb.jpg.2a7ed9a7563a3a2e689494dd7bee33e5.jpg

xboxhomenew.thumb.jpg.2c7520c9d603faaf857ee4d6f18d8d20.jpg

I'm actually working on a 3rd theme inspired by the PS4 but can't say much as it's still in its alpha phase, I'll give it more attention most probably next week once i'm done with updating my current themes so stay tuned!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SNAK3ATER said:

I'm actually working on a 3rd theme inspired by the PS4 but can't say much as it's still in its alpha phase, I'll give it more attention most probably next week once i'm done with updating my current themes so stay tuned!

That sounds cool, I'll definitely check it out when it comes out.

• 3 months later...
On 2/12/2018 at 3:04 PM, SNAK3ATER said:

any updates on the ps4 theme ?? would love to see that one

On 5/25/2018 at 7:07 AM, Cookz718 said:

any updates on the ps4 theme ?? would love to see that one

I had to stop my progress on the PS4 theme to focus on updating my other two themes. However, i'm planning to resume my work on this theme soon

My biggest challenge in completing this theme lays on a feature that is not supported by Bigbox:

Having a left flowcontrol instead of the centered Horizontal clear logo:

maxresdefault111.jpg.896cce8cf2549bda8e863f4bfbac75f5.thumb.jpg.a02d22fb081d1a58418349f7143cea02.jpgIf you notice in the picture above you can see that the highlighted game Knack is on the left side of the screen instead of being centered, I can have a workaround by having the selected game centered but it won't be authentic to the source material. Perhaps @Jason Carr and @CriticalCid can shed some light on the possibility of adding this feature down the road or if it's currently supported I would like to know how to add the property to this theme

17 hours ago, SNAK3ATER said:

I had to stop my progress on the PS4 theme to focus on updating my other two themes. However, i'm planning to resume my work on this theme soon

My biggest challenge in completing this theme lays on a feature that is not supported by Bigbox:

Having a left flowcontrol instead of the centered Horizontal clear logo:

maxresdefault111.jpg.896cce8cf2549bda8e863f4bfbac75f5.thumb.jpg.a02d22fb081d1a58418349f7143cea02.jpgIf you notice in the picture above you can see that the highlighted game Knack is on the left side of the screen instead of being centered, I can have a workaround by having the selected game centered but it won't be authentic to the source material. Perhaps @Jason Carr and @CriticalCid can shed some light on the possibility of adding this feature down the road or if it's currently supported I would like to know how to add the property to this theme

Ahh i see exactly what you mean even being centered  would still look good but i can see what you mean how it would sacrifice the authenticity of the theme. although its still worth a shot maybe the rest of the community like myself would still enjoy it for what it is. But of course this is your work of art and im sure you want this to be the best as possible, so hopefully there would be a solution around.. Any thoughts on supporting Wallview ? 

20 hours ago, SNAK3ATER said:

If you notice in the picture above you can see that the highlighted game Knack is on the left side of the screen instead of being centered, I can have a workaround by having the selected game centered but it won't be authentic to the source material. Perhaps @Jason Carr and @CriticalCid can shed some light on the possibility of adding this feature down the road or if it's currently supported I would like to know how to add the property to this theme

Unfortunately it’s not supported at the moment and it will always stay centered. I don’t know if you could do some workarounds to achieve that like moving the left part of the wheel out of the screen or something like that but afaik did @Grila already tinker with it for his BigForce theme and didn’t come up with a really satisfying solution either.

So I guess it’s up to Jason or maybe a plugin developer to create a proper solution.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CriticalCid said:

Unfortunately it’s not supported at the moment and it will always stay centered. I don’t know if you could do some workarounds to achieve that like moving the left part of the wheel out of the screen or something like that but afaik did @Grila already tinker with it for his BigForce theme and didn’t come up with a really satisfying solution either.

So I guess it’s up to Jason or maybe a plugin developer to create a proper solution.

Thanks for the clarification Cid, tagging in other plugin creators to explore possible solutions/workarounds for the subject above

@eatkinola @NJDave71 @Grila

8 minutes ago, Rollie said:

Hey, I don't post often but I made a came up with an idea last year to incorporate a theme that looks like the ps1 interactive demos, perferably this one.

skip to 17:37 for the UI.

Here is my original post.

I don't think that's possible to create for Bigbox currently but this sure brings nostalgic vibes to any playstation fan who grew up with PSX

4 hours ago, Cookz718 said:

Ahh i see exactly what you mean even being centered  would still look good but i can see what you mean how it would sacrifice the authenticity of the theme. although its still worth a shot maybe the rest of the community like myself would still enjoy it for what it is. But of course this is your work of art and im sure you want this to be the best as possible, so hopefully there would be a solution around.. Any thoughts on supporting Wallview ? 

i'll see how I can move things forward with this theme but rest assured wallview will definitely be supported 

You can check out my other theme called BIGFLIX that has full support for Wallview and here is a screenshot of the view for your reference:

Desktop_Screenshot_2018_05.23_-_01_58.14_58.thumb.png.aaf395916ec5dcd276ec955147041582.pngDesktop_Screenshot_2018_05.14_-_03_28_25_72.thumb.png.5bb7876686be1ed885af317e0a12de17.pngAnother theme of mine that will also support wallview is the upcoming major update to RetrAO Cafe that will feature a theme within a theme, you'll know what i'm referring to once the update is released and you get to experience the Wallview in action ?

1 hour ago, ea4492 said:

And it would be cool if @Jason Carr added those features and one feature I would like and I'm sure a lot of people have wanted this as well, is profiles in bigbox for like a kid mode of just to have multi profiles for people who wand to use a different theme and media. 

It's not a perfect solution, but you can change themes on the fly in bigbox. Moreover, don't forget that launchbox is portable, and you can have multiple installs, which means you could make one for the kids, another with different themes and media etc. Again, not perfect, but doable. I have two separate installs on the same PC. One is my massive collection, and the other is handpicked games I play often. Use Grila's switch theme for the big one, and criticalzone for the handpicked. 

Edited by fromlostdays