LaunchBox Community Forums

This was only designed for 16:9 screens, so unfortunately you’ll get a lot of black empty space at the top and the bottom of your 4:3 screen.

There also won’t be a 4:3 version of it, at least not from me, as that would require to restructure the whole theme and resize all art assets which is an awful lot of work. Sorry.

2 minutes ago, sagaopc said:

@CriticalCid There's how use the Disc Rotate mode without rotate? because with rotate, the disc/box are more close and bigger than default without rotate

Ex: Default (without rotate)5adb85a86efd0_CapturadeTela(75).thumb.png.5500384526f3b89b2814702b7bd8804f.png

Rotate Disc Mode:5adb85e106638_CapturadeTela(76).thumb.png.9bcbd4fb81549b0fcc8c7021e997a3b7.pngThere's How to change the default to like rotate mode?

Yes there are 3 similar views, you may have per platform views on.

1 hour ago, sagaopc said:

@CriticalCid There's how use the Disc Rotate mode without rotate? because with rotate, the disc/box are more close and bigger than default without rotate

Ex: Default (without rotate)5adb85a86efd0_CapturadeTela(75).thumb.png.5500384526f3b89b2814702b7bd8804f.png

Rotate Disc Mode:5adb85e106638_CapturadeTela(76).thumb.png.9bcbd4fb81549b0fcc8c7021e997a3b7.pngThere's How to change the default to like rotate mode?

There are only 4 Vertical Wheel Games Views that a theme can use, so you have to choose. Either remove the rotating for that View completely or replace one of the other Views with a version of it that has the rotation removed.

To replace a different View with it just make a copy of the Wheel3GamesView.xaml file in the Views folder, then delete the View you want to replace and rename your copy like the View you just have deleted.

To remove the rotation open the Wheel3GamesView (or the copy you've made) with a text editor of your choice, search for the line <!-- DISC ROTATE --> and remove both lines beneath it that start with <DoubleAnimation.

11 hours ago, Crevice said:

Is there a way to keep the platform wheel visible at all times, instead of its current state, which faded away after a couple seconds when you’re not scrolling?

Go to the Views folder inside Unified and open the View in which you want to have the fade removed with a text editor of your choice. Search for the line that start with <!-- FADING WHEEL --> and delete all lines beneath it until the next blank line.

Than search for the line

<DoubleAnimationUsingKeyFrames Storyboard.TargetName="Pointer" Storyboard.TargetProperty="(Image.Opacity)" >

and the line

<EasingDoubleKeyFrame KeyTime="0:0:1.4" Value="0.15"/>

beneath it. Change the Value from 0.15 to 1

9 hours ago, CriticalCid said:

Go to the Views folder inside Unified and open the View in which you want to have the fade removed with a text editor of your choice. Search for the line that start with <!-- FADING WHEEL --> and delete all lines beneath it until the next blank line.

Than search for the line

<DoubleAnimationUsingKeyFrames Storyboard.TargetName="Pointer" Storyboard.TargetProperty="(Image.Opacity)" >

and the line

beneath it. Change the Value from 0.15 to 1

Works great! The pointer still fades, but my values are all at 1. Any idea how to make it so the pointer doesnt fade as well?

@criticalcid thanks for the hard word. This Theme it's now my favourite.

I have one question. When  the disc doesn't rotate is in front of the 3d box, and I like it so much, but when you choose the other view, and the disc rotates, is behind the 3d box.

There is any possibility to choose the view that the disc rotates but putting it in front of the 3d box?

14 hours ago, Crevice said:

Works great! The pointer still fades, but my values are all at 1. Any idea how to make it so the pointer doesnt fade as well?

Weird... try to delete the whole opacity animation block for this and see if that helps

<EasingDoubleKeyFrame KeyTime="0:0:0.0" Value="1"/>
  <EasingDoubleKeyFrame KeyTime="0:0:0.6" Value="1"/>
</DoubleAnimationUsingKeyFrames>

1 hour ago, crac-9 said:

@criticalcid thanks for the hard word. This Theme it's now my favourite.

I have one question. When  the disc doesn't rotate is in front of the 3d box, and I like it so much, but when you choose the other view, and the disc rotates, is behind the 3d box.

There is any possibility to choose the view that the disc rotates but putting it in front of the 3d box?

Sure, just go to the Views folder and replace the Wheel3GamesView.xaml file with this one

Wheel3GamesView.xaml

7 hours ago, CriticalCid said:

Sure, just go to the Views folder and replace the Wheel3GamesView.xaml file with this one

Wheel3GamesView.xaml

7 hours ago, CriticalCid said:

Weird... try to delete the whole opacity animation block for this and see if that helps

<EasingDoubleKeyFrame KeyTime="0:0:0.0" Value="1"/>
  <EasingDoubleKeyFrame KeyTime="0:0:0.6" Value="1"/>
</DoubleAnimationUsingKeyFrames>

That fixed it. Ok, last thing for now, anyway to completely remove the date, time, weather, in the top right of every screen? I just want a clean look. Sorry if this has been asked already.

So I have a playlist for my top 100 collection and have it labeled exactly as it should be. Problem is, the background and logo in the unified theme still show up as default. I am not sure why the top 100 background image and top 100 logo for the unified theme aren't showing up for it. Anyone have a solution for this?

I have a playlist set up with Genres, Fighting, Shmups, etc.  I had the same issue.  Under Launchbox/Themes/Unified/Images/Theme/Logo - I put my Fighting Games.png logo in here, and under  Launchbox/Themes/Unified/Images/Theme/Background I put my Fighting Games.png background - and they showed up after I rebooted Bigbox - you may need to refresh the Platform wheel images though, and I noticed my logo is huge, not centered in the top I haven't figured how to resolve that yet..

Edited by denmiclaw

1 hour ago, denmiclaw said:

I have a playlist set up with Genres, Fighting, Shmups, etc.  I had the same issue.  Under Launchbox/Themes/Unified/Images/Theme/Logo - I put my Fighting Games.png logo in here, and under  Launchbox/Themes/Unified/Images/Theme/Background I put my Fighting Games.png background - and they showed up after I rebooted Bigbox - you may need to refresh the Platform wheel images though, and I noticed my logo is huge, not centered in the top I haven't figured how to resolve that yet..

Awesome, that worked! Thank you!

12 hours ago, denmiclaw said:

You have to align the logo inside an image-editing program to the proper position on a 1920x1080 transparent background. Just check the logos that came with the theme to see what I mean.