LaunchBox Community Forums

5 minutes ago, CriticalCid said:

Would you mind sending me your Data folder per PM so that I can test if I can reproduce your issue on my machine as well?

I give up, hehe.
Found how to enable logs, did it, and as soon as I launched it, worked fine...
Disabled the logs and tried again, and now is working fine. Goes back and forth between views without any problems.
I am almost certain that it has to do with the image cache or similar, but don't know.
For sure is something on my side, not on the theme itself.
I'll send the zipped folder, no problem, but feel free to disregard it as I don't want to waste your time with something like this :)

3 minutes ago, CriticalCid said:

Lol, that's great to hear. I hope it stays that way!

I just tested your Data folder and it seemed to work fine on my end, so it's hard to find out what the issue was...

Thanks for everything man. If it happens again I will see if the logs show something in regards.

I'll stop flooding the topic with this matter.

Keep up your awesome job Cid. Being able to use this theme is like using both HS and BB at the same time, so it makes me happy. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, diamondgeezer said:

@CriticalCid hi there just wanted to say your theme is excellent and was wondering if you had any plans for the marquee to be able to change various different marquees  for different arcade machines

Are you using a second monitor for a marquee? If so the themes will switch marquee images as long as you have an image file in the "Arcade - Marquee" folder of each platform.

That is a cool idea. I have mostly all of the recorded Hyperspin Unified theme videos for my arcade games though and I don't think they look great inside these cabinet images as the gameplay is even smaller. I use fullscreen view instead. If I was to use the normal Emumovies video snaps though I would definitely like this marquee idea.

Unified 1.1 released!

Changelog:

v1.1 - 04.15.2018 - requires LB v8.2 or higher

- General: Introducing the first release of the official Unified Add-on package. It features complete artwork for 95 Playlists; all created by @RetroHumanoid
- Updated: The TextList for the whole theme was revamped
- Updated: The Clear Logos in the wheels are now slanted for a more authentic HyperSpin feeling
- Updated: The "Vertical Wheel 4" View and all Platforms Views are now stretching the videos to fill the whole screen for a more authentic HyperSpin feeling
- Updated: The timings for switching between the game title and additional game metadata were slightly reduced for the "Vertical Wheel 4" View
- Updated: The year of release in the Games Views was moved behind the game title
- Added: The community rating was added to the additional game metadata line
- Added: A new Games View was added: Text List
- Added: The changelog was added as .txt file inside the theme folder 
- Added: A guide for setting up the weather plugin was added as .pdf file inside the theme folder
- Added: Pointers were added for all platforms that were previously missing them. All platforms now have a complete artwork set
- Added: An alternative background and logo for the Commodore Amiga CD32 was added (by @reaper595)
- Added: Artwork for 14 new platforms was added. The theme now includes artwork for 198 platforms!
		- Big Fish Games
		- Commodore PET
		- Creatronic Mega Duck
		- GOG
		- HBMAME
		- Java Games
		- Nintendo Super Game Boy
		- OUYA
		- Origin
		- Pinball Arcade
		- Sony PlayStation Minis
		- Steam
		- Uplay
		- Visual Pinball

Note that as of version 1.1 Unified now does require LaunchBox 8.2 or higher in order to work properly!

You can already find matching Unified Platform videos for most of the new platforms on EmuMovies. The few missing ones will be added soon!

@RetroHumanoid also did videos for the collections featured in the Add-on package and they can be already downloaded through the Platform/Playlist video downloader inside LaunchBox, so go and grab them!

As little bonus are the Clear Logos for the collections also included in the Add-on package. You still have to create the playlists yourself though.

List of all 95 featured playlists in the Add-on package:

Spoiler

2-Player Games
4-Player Games
007 Collection
Action & Adventure Games
Aliens Collection
Avengers Collection
Batman Collection
Beat Em Ups
Board & Card Games
Bomberman Collection
Bonk Collection
Castlevania Collection
Classics
Contra Collection
Crash Bandicoot Collection
Disney Collection
Donkey Kong Collection
DOOM Collection
Double Dragon Collection
Dragon Ball Collection
Dragon Quest Collection
Dungeons and Dragons Collection
Fatal Fury Collection
Fighting Games
Final Fantasy Collection
Flying Games
Frogger Collection
G.I. Joe Collection
Gauntlet Collection
Ghouls 'n Ghosts Collection
Golden Axe Collection
Gradius Collection
GTA Collection
Guilty Gear Collection
Hanna Barbera Collection
Horror Games
Killer Instinct Collection
Kirby Collection
KOF Collection
LEGO Collection
Light Gun Games
Looney Tunes Collection
Mario Collection
Mario Party Collection
Mega Man Collection
Metal Gear Collection
Metal Slug Collection
Metroid Collection
Mortal Kombat Collection
Movie & TV Games
Ninja Gaiden Collection
Pac Man Collection
Platform Games
Point & Click Games
Pokemon Collection
Prince of Persia Collection
Puzzle Games
Racing Games
Ren & Stimpy Collection
Resident Evil Collection
Rhythm Games
RoboCop Collection
Role Playing Games
Run & Gun Games
Samurai Shodown Collection
Sci-Fi Games
Sesame Street Collection
Shoot Em Ups
Shooter Games
Silent Hill Collection
Simpsons Collection
Simulation Games
Sonic Collection
Spawn Collection
SpiderMan Collection
SpongeBob Collection
Sports Games
Spyro Collection
Star Trek Collection
Star Wars Collection
Strategy Games
Street Fighter Collection
Superman Collection
Tekken Collection
Tetris Collection
TMNT Collection
Tomb Raider Collection
Top 100 Collection
Transformers Collection
Ultima Collection
Wario Collection
Wonder Boy Collection
X-Men Collection
Yoshi Collection
Zelda Collection

A few words regarding the Add-on package:

From now on I will include community creations in either the official theme or the Add-on package. The reason for this is to provide a single curated and sorted source for all Unified related artwork. I hope that quite a few of you want to create and share your own work for this theme and this will hopefully avoid that everything gets cluttered across the download section and this thread.

If you want to share your artwork with the community feel free to post it in this thread and I will see to include in the next update.

Huge thanks to @RetroHumanoid for creating so much artwork to get the first release of the Add-on package up and going!

How to install the Add-on package:

Just extract the contents of the .zip file into your LaunchBox folder.

Note: You have to create the proper playlists for the collections yourself!

What gets included in the Add-on package?

The theme itself will always only include artwork for Platforms and Playlists that also have a Unified Platform video available on EmuMovies in order to provide a seamless experience. Everything else goes into the Add-on package.

More generic playlists like franchises, series, genres, etc. are also only included in the Add-on package to avoid that the theme gets unnecessarily blown up it in its size.

The same goes for everything that differs too much from the default Unified style.

And finally some updated screenshots:

5ad38aae729fb_StreetFighterCollectionTextListView.thumb.jpg.c24e838b979b21c73d7a35c15efb938f.jpgGenesis.thumb.jpg.1acc087884254a3f13fb5053cd409e4a.jpgArcade.thumb.jpg.329dc74004a736e233b095dd26b36ef1.jpgTriforce.thumb.jpg.7196dab980b03f273b19e9892f102a91.jpggc.thumb.jpg.351c7b0b9d14bcfebfb47289c1e7a81d.jpg

@zetec-s-joe I hope you like the playlists surprise ;)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I saw in a topic in these forums a long time ago an arcade image, and I tweaked it to my liking, so that it holds the video and the marquee for each game, and that I will be overriding with in the default Arcade bg for the Unified theme (I might add a generic marquee to it until marquees are enabled in the theme hehe). 

Mock-up:

Arcade_machine.png.d4083311bc193c95a1969ff3fd918693.thumb.png.b839e58c2d0cbf5db13302d7c9dd78e4.pngMade the sticks balltop red and blue because that is what I have, but can be recolored or changed to battop.
I also added scanlines and reflection to the video screen and the marquee (can be removed as well).
If somebody wants the psd, let me know and I will gladly share it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And here’s already the first hotfix…

Version 1.1.1 released!

Changelog:

v1.1.1 - 04.15.2018 - requires LB v8.2 or higher
- Fixed: The video in the Text List Games View was off-centered in all display resolutions besides 1920x1080.

v1.1 - 04.15.2018 - requires LB v8.2 or higher
- General: Introducing the first release of the official Unified Add-on package. It features complete artwork for 95 Playlists; all created by @RetroHumanoid
- Updated: The TextList for the whole theme was revamped
- Updated: The Clear Logos in the wheels are now slanted for a more authentic HyperSpin feeling
- Updated: The "Vertical Wheel 4" View and all Platforms Views are now stretching the videos to fill the whole screen for a more authentic HyperSpin feeling
- Updated: The timings for switching between the game title and additional game metadata were slightly reduced for the "Vertical Wheel 4" View
- Updated: The year of release in the Games Views was moved behind the game title
- Added: The community rating was added to the additional game metadata line
- Added: A new Games View was added: Text List
- Added: The changelog was added as .txt file inside the theme folder 
- Added: A guide for setting up the weather plugin was added as .pdf file inside the theme folder
- Added: Pointers were added for all platforms that were previously missing them. All platforms now have a complete artwork set
- Added: An alternative background and logo for the Commodore Amiga CD32 was added (by @reaper595)
- Added: Artwork for 14 new platforms was added. The theme now includes artwork for 198 platforms total!
		- Big Fish Games
		- Commodore PET
		- Creatronic Mega Duck
		- GOG
		- HBMAME
		- Java Games
		- Nintendo Super Game Boy
		- OUYA
		- Origin
		- Pinball Arcade
		- Sony PlayStation Minis
		- Steam
		- Uplay
		- Visual Pinball

If you already got version 1.1 you’ll only need to update if you use a different display resolution than 1920x1080!

Thanks to @MangaAddict for finding the issue.

• Thanks 2