LaunchBox Community Forums

Yeah, officially it’s written with a space even though I find it quite inconsistent considering LaunchBox is written without a space. I guess I'll just take what's going to look better in my eyes.

Thanks again for your work! I’m not sure when I’ll release the update because I want to include some more things before I’ll release a new version and I’m currently taking a break from theming and focuse on some other projects of mine. I hope it won’t be too long before I come up with an update. Stay tuned guys :)

• Like 5

Hey @CriticalCid I'm attempting to do a bit of modding to your excellent Theme here but not having much luck, I use the Arcade font for all of CityHunter which was easy enough to change but I can't seem to change it for your theme. Really I need to know how to change the default font BebasNeue to Arcade. you see I am using CityHunter as my mane Theme and using Unified as my  secondary theme for the game lists so it would be nice if the fonts matched. I know I have to change anything that is BebasNeue in the views.xmals to Arcade but this doesn't seem to work? It changes the font alright but not to Arcade. Can you help me out here please? 

Make sure that you replace the whole

{StaticResource FontBebasNeue}

part with your new font name.

Do you have the Arcade font installed on your PC or do you just use the one that comes as a plugin .dll file with CityHunter? I would highly advice to have the font installed on your PC and type in the font name directly. Don’t use the .dll files or theme code of other themes for it because it won’t work without additional steps if you just replace the FontFamily code with the FontFamily code of another theme.

1 hour ago, CriticalCid said:

Make sure that you replace the whole

part with your new font name.

Do you have the Arcade font installed on your PC or do you just use the one that comes as a plugin .dll file with CityHunter? I would highly advice to have the font installed on your PC and type in the font name directly. Don’t use the .dll files or theme code of other themes for it because it won’t work without additional steps if you just replace the FontFamily code with the FontFamily code of another theme.

Thanks @CriticalCid ! That did the job.  Yes I have the font installed on my PC

• Like 1

Having some issues downloading the Unified 16x9 HD Platform Theme Videos from Launchbox, i got about half downloaded but about 14 of them fail and throw up a 404 error, this usually starts with Sega Saturn, ive tried to do them one by one but still no luck. Anyone have any ideas? I am a lifetime member of emumovies if that helps, not sure where they are hosted though. 

I've had this issue in the past as well once in a while.  Maybe emumovies is getting alot of traffic, or maybe there's an issue with the API, not sure.  You could always just download them from Emumovies directly (https://emumovies.com/files/category/2031-video-themes/).  They would go in your videos/platform folders where Launchbox is installed.  Just make sure to name them the same names as you have your platforms named in LB.  For example, if you download a video for Nintendo 64, and it's called Nintendo_64.mp4 but your platform is names Nintendo 64, you need to rename the video to Nintendo 64.mp4 for LB to pick it up and play it automatically.

3 minutes ago, CDBlue said:

I've had this issue in the past as well once in a while.  Maybe emumovies is getting alot of traffic, or maybe there's an issue with the API, not sure.  You could always just download them from Emumovies directly (https://emumovies.com/files/category/2031-video-themes/).  They would go in your videos/platform folders where Launchbox is installed.  Just make sure to name them the same names as you have your platforms named in LB.  For example, if you download a video for Nintendo 64, and it's called Nintendo_64.mp4 but your platform is names Nintendo 64, you need to rename the video to Nintendo 64.mp4 for LB to pick it up and play it automatically.

Awesome, thanks for the link, wasnt sure where to find them. 

8 hours ago, Charco said:

Also, if you have an Emumovies premium account, I'd recommend grabbing files using the FTP. I use Filezilla, here are the Emumovies FTP details:

https://emumovies.com/ftpdetails/

Cheers @Charco ive just started using the FTP in the past couple of weeks but didn't realize these theme videos were on there, ill definitely try and grab them. Out of curiosity is there a way to filter/show just the Unified videos instead of having to select them one by one in Filezilla, was hoping that they would all be in a separate folder but no deal, there are 14gb of Videos in that folder haha :)

Anyone else having issues with the clear game logo wheels for certain systems not showing up? For my consoles as an example the clear logo game wheel for Dreamcast shows up, but all my other systems ( NES, super nintendo, GameCube, N64, etc.) show the text view.  A majority of my Arcade platforms show the clear logo wheels, but there are few that don't.  The naming structure for the consoles are correct and I have downloaded all of the necessary media from EMUmovies. I re-installed the Unified theme, downloaded all of the media for every system again, refreshed the images in BigBox and walked through the installation instructions from @CriticalCid  and I still can't get it to work. Thank you all in advance for your help.

image.thumb.png.7543db1520bf9bcc7d906d042a3f965e.pngimage.thumb.png.868274d6c76443a1d7e0a0698ad7d90d.png

7 minutes ago, phivewmd said:

Anyone else having issues with the clear game logo wheels for certain systems not showing up? For my consoles as an example the clear logo game wheel for Dreamcast shows up, but all my other systems ( NES, super nintendo, GameCube, N64, etc.) show the text view.  A majority of my Arcade platforms show the clear logo wheels, but there are few that don't.  The naming structure for the consoles are correct and I have downloaded all of the necessary media from EMUmovies. I re-installed the Unified theme, downloaded all of the media for every system again, refreshed the images in BigBox and walked through the installation instructions from @CriticalCid  and I still can't get it to work. Thank you all in advance for your help.

image.thumb.png.7543db1520bf9bcc7d906d042a3f965e.pngimage.thumb.png.868274d6c76443a1d7e0a0698ad7d90d.png

You can have different views per platform, so im guessing you have that option on. Either turn it off in options/views or assign a switch view button to your controller/keyboard go to the platform you want to change view on and press the button you setup.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, neil9000 said:

You can have different views per platform, so im guessing you have that option on. Either turn it off in options/views or assign a switch view button to your controller/keyboard go to the platform you want to change view on and press the button you setup.

That is exactly what the issue was. You just saved me a lot of frustration. Thank you!!!

• Like 3

Probably a dumb question but in the unified theme how can I get the list (games,wheel, ect) on the left instead of right? In my ultrawide unified theme they are on the left. I have tried the different platform views but maybe i am missing something?

Edited by tcrusenberry

On 6/11/2018 at 4:21 AM, Styphelus said:

Is there anyway to get the wheel to be straight (not curved) and not fade? I like this theme but the wheel really throws me off.

You can edit the various properties of the wheel element in the theme code. What each property does can be looked up in the documentation.pdf file inside the Themes folder. You could also check the Wheel Views in CriticalZone to see how the properties are set there

On 6/11/2018 at 3:31 AM, tcrusenberry said:

Probably a dumb question but in the unified theme how can I get the list (games,wheel, ect) on the left instead of right? In my ultrawide unified theme they are on the left. I have tried the different platform views but maybe i am missing something?

You would need to completely mirror the whole theme structure and image files inside the theme code. Unfortunately that's too much additional work for me to maintain and update two completely different builds of the theme, sorry.

I've got the most recent version of BigBox/Unified and it's not displaying the background images on platform view.  I've checked the settings listed in the install instructions and verified that the backgrounds have a matching name with the platform.

The issue isn't present in other themes, only Unified.  Is there any log files which might tell me what's going on?  Rest of the theme works fine, definitely my favourite!

image.thumb.png.a571330af50e4eb05fa1fcb8c615bfda.png

Edited by Esbeesy
clarity