LaunchBox Community Forums

Remove "view" / sort options in bigbox

Rsoden

I am really sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, I searched multiple times but I could not find the answer.

Is there a way to remove the options to view by genre / platform / developers /etc. on the bigbox screen?

http://homemediaportal.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Big-Box-Options.jpg

Or if you cannot remove them to lock them?

I do not want kids changing the view of bigbox. All of the games I want the kids playing are all neatly organized in playlists. I set up the games in playlists and it default opens to playlists and works great unless a kid gets to this screen and selects view by publishers and gives me a long ugly list of publishers instead of my nicely setup playlist view.

Please help.

Thanks

-R

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Just bumping this one... 

It's been some time since this was rasied.  Are these options now in an xml file I can edit?  I'm not seeing it anywhere.

I'd like to clean up the list and remove most options like 'view statuses' and 'view regions'.

Edited by Maxout

• 10 months later...
On 7/21/2019 at 2:38 AM, Jason Carr said:

I brought this up in the poll items brainstorming live stream, but unfortunately there wasn't much interest. So for now, at least, it's not yet available.

Still hoping to see this at some point! I love BigBox and I'm aiming for as clean a presentation as possible. I would love to be able to remove all the various "view" options. Thanks!

Edited by Zeno

2 hours ago, Seraph said:

I have a question that is sort of related. How do I get Big Box to sort my games by Star Rating? I have tried unlocking.

You can currently filter your games by star rating (and create a playlist for it if desired), but unfortunately you can't sort your games by star rating in Big Box currently. We added sort by options to the last community poll, but surprisingly they weren't highly voted on, so we haven't focused on adding them yet.

I almost deleted my post because I found a workaround I posted in another area of Launchbox more specific on the request. I will have to participate in the next poll then. Where can I navigate to so I ensure I respond to polls?

Essentially I found in Launchbox where you can edit the Columns in List View but not the Priority. I'm going to see what I can do in Bigbox as that part of Launchbox I know I can only edit columns but not priority. Kind of a dead issue unless there is a way to free up that priority in the coding like I did the columns.

3 hours ago, Seraph said:

I almost deleted my post because I found a workaround I posted in another area of Launchbox more specific on the request. I will have to participate in the next poll then. Where can I navigate to so I ensure I respond to polls?

Essentially I found in Launchbox where you can edit the Columns in List View but not the Priority. I'm going to see what I can do in Bigbox as that part of Launchbox I know I can only edit columns but not priority. Kind of a dead issue unless there is a way to free up that priority in the coding like I did the columns.

We send out the link to the poll in an email. So unless you've unsubscribed to the monthly email newsletters, you should see it.

55 minutes ago, stormragez said:

X2 on this, theres must be a way to hide those options from the kids or ppl who dont know how to use it properly..... its a real pain not been able to hide it and leave an exit button.

You can. Jason even mentioned it in his post dated 16, Oct 2018. If you set up a code to lock BigBox you can remove those items from the locked menu view.

Screen Shot 2020-06-22 at 7.34.24 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-22 at 7.33.48 AM.png