LaunchBox Community Forums

Bezel Project! A custom bezel for every ROM!

CoinJunkie

1 hour ago, vgbox said:

@dragon57 So i downloaded a clean (no demos, no betas, etc.) 1G1R (one game, one rom) no-intro genesis-megadrive  set (USA, Europe, Japan) and more games seem to show bezels but still, some games won't show bezels, examples:

Not showing bezels:

Sipder-Man and Venom: Maximum Carnage (World)

Showing bezels:

Spider-Man (North America, Europe)

What could be the problem?

Btw, RA Genesis Plus GX core is updated. 

I PM'd you my Rom set list.

You must verify your rom names more carefully. As I have said multiple times in this thread, the rom name must match the cfg file name exactly. The bezel file is spelled like this: Spider-Man and Venom - Maximum Carnage (World). Your rom name for this game is spelled like this: Spider-Man . Venom - Maximum Carnage (World)

Random checks for other rom names show mismatches as well.

I used FatMatch to rename my SMS cfg's (configured 65% accuracy) but for some reason as seen in the screenshot, it won't list "Aladdin (Europe, Brazil).zip"-----"Aladdin (Europe).cfg" while it will list other similarly related files like Ace of Aces (Europe, Brazil).zip-----Ace of Aces (Europe).cfg,

1. Why it won't list it? As you can see the list is alphabetical. Also, both files are present in their respective folders.

2. Is there recommended settings for renaming?

I'm aware that there cannot be 100% accuracy and i read the whole thread and found no answers.

image.thumb.png.9b213c1b91962872e6587cd344f4cd2c.png

Edited by vgbox

I just posted V1.1.1 of my Windows bezel installer app.

Changes include PS3 Retroarch output support as well as a 2nd bezel design type. We are calling the original and continued bezels 'themed' and the new type 'system art'. You will need to pull an update under option 1 to get the new listings. Also make sure you select which bezel type to download in Preferences. Below are a few examples of the new type (only 13 sets as of this post, but more are coming).

Please let me know if you run in to any problems/issues.

3-D Pinball - Pinball Power (Europe).png

Ace of Aces (USA).png

Adventure (USA).png

Carol Shaw's River Raid (USA).png

ECW Hardcore Revolution (USA).png

Mouse Trap (USA, Europe).png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2019 at 7:09 AM, dragon57 said:

Even with me giving you some pointers on what I use, no utility is guaranteed to rename the files 100% correct every time, so you will have to play around with them and get a handle on how things work. Here is a video that I used to get going:

If you don't have access to the Hyperspin download link, just Google for it and you should be good.

is there a way to use the program to rename the bezels and not the roms?

On 11/10/2019 at 11:52 AM, vgbox said:

I used FatMatch to rename my SMS cfg's (configured 65% accuracy) but for some reason as seen in the screenshot, it won't list "Aladdin (Europe, Brazil).zip"-----"Aladdin (Europe).cfg" while it will list other similarly related files like Ace of Aces (Europe, Brazil).zip-----Ace of Aces (Europe).cfg,

1. Why it won't list it? As you can see the list is alphabetical. Also, both files are present in their respective folders.

2. Is there recommended settings for renaming?

I'm aware that there cannot be 100% accuracy and i read the whole thread and found no answers.

image.thumb.png.9b213c1b91962872e6587cd344f4cd2c.png

hello.  I'm trying to use the program to rename the bezels and not my roms.  Would this program do that?

3 hours ago, tallpr24 said:

hello.  I'm trying to use the program to rename the bezels and not my roms.  Would this program do that?

As you can read from my attempt which nobody answered, be prepared for a lot of games not showing bezels after renaming the cfg files by using FatMatch. FatMatch will miss a lot of games names, no matter the settings, its better than nothing but its not a proper solution by any mean. Unfortunately, there is no proper solution to this. Take it or leave it. If you don't care about uniformity then go ahead. One will argue that its better not to have bezels at all rather than some games showing bezels and others not. Think about it. By the way, i'm only talking about console roms as all Mame roms show bezels. 

Edited by vgbox

was wondering if it would better to go down the route of re downloading the rom packs again.  also i have a proper mame rom set and the bezels dont show up neither.  I ran the bezel project for mame.  it asked me to point to the mame rom folder and the retro arch folder.  I did that i downloaded the bezels but I dont see them when i play the games.

2 minutes ago, tallpr24 said:

it would be awesome is some one can share the rom packs along with the retro arch bezels to match them  lol

Nobody will be sharing rom packs on this forum. What romsets do you have? As it seems like you are having a lot more issues than anyone else. If you have a ton of badly named roms then you will run into more issues than just this bezel program.

Naming is key.

all my systems work good.  i have no issues at all.  I just wanted to add bezels to my roms.  All roms use retro arch with the exception of dolphin.  but when i used the bezel project i guess the rom names were not perfect so the bezels don't work.

sorry about the rom url sharing comment.

1 hour ago, vgbox said:

As you can read from my attempt which nobody answered, be prepared for a lot of games not showing bezels after renaming the cfg files by using FatMatch. FatMatch will miss a lot of games names, no matter the settings, its better than nothing but its not a proper solution by any mean. Unfortunately, there is no proper solution to this. Take it or leave it. If you don't care about uniformity then go ahead. One will argue that its better not to have bezels at all rather than some games showing bezels and others not. Think about it. By the way, i'm only talking about console roms as all Mame roms show bezels. 

how did you get the mame rom bezels to work?

9 minutes ago, tallpr24 said:

all my systems work good.  i have no issues at all.  I just wanted to add bezels to my roms

No one said that the roms wouldnt work, just that good naming of roms is key, especially with this bezel project, because as i said it is using No-Intro naming. The thing with the bezels is, as im sure you understand is for them to work they need the same name as of the rom, otherwise retroarch simply doesnt no what bezel to load and therefore loads none at all. Can you give me a example of a rom name you have, lets pick Super Mario World as a easy example. Here is mine, how is yours named?

image.thumb.png.b178ab1daf2d9e7e5e912a2a6d1de84b.png

12 minutes ago, tallpr24 said:

image.thumb.png.68e92cb685050ccf223781bb087e9371.png

OK, yeah looks like you are using a "goodset" or something similar. Unfortunately there is no current way to make these bezels work, other than renaming all your roms or bezels, or just downloading a "No-Intro" romset that already has the correct naming and is what most things are based on anyway. Basically a No-Intro set will better suite you for frontend use going forward, not just for launchbox, but others also. No-Intro IS the go to romset for cart systems.