LaunchBox Community Forums

Sega Naomi / atomiswave

Shane

Hi 

I watched another great tutorial by ETA Prime and Unbroken Software on installing Sega Naomi /Sammy  Atomiswave games. I have the problem that i select all the .lst files to import but it will only import 4 games i can import .lst files one at a time no problem . same with Sega Naomi games select all .lst files only imports 5 but i can select .lst files one at a time and import them that 

any ideas what setting i have stuffed up  

Thanks Shane 

Edited by Shane
add item

15 hours ago, Shane said:

Hi 

i think i figured it out it has to do with the naming of the files you have to edit the .lst and add spaces to the game name Eg (deadoralive) to Dead Or Alive

What is the best place to grab the .lst files? I got them from Nyaa and whoever did them did a terrible job. Some are missing, lots have doubles, misspelling and flatout wrong names. 

I've messed around a bit with both Atomiswave and Naomi the past couple of days while all of these updates have been happening.
I've found that as of yesterday at least I had problems getting a good selection of Atmoiswave games to run via the MAME version, but the bin/lst versions work fine so the tutorials isn't completely obsolete I would say.
Naomi games though have a set list at the moment of games that work with the reicast core (I don't think there are any Naomi 2 games on it, but I could be wrong since I'm not too familiar with these arcade machines). I used the list I found here and as far as I could tell all of the ones in here worked for me (from MAME set):
https://github.com/libretro/reicast-emulator/blob/master/core/hw/naomi/naomi_roms.h

Edited by polygonslayer

Without using the .lst and choosing .bin files after "Add Files" has the same effect, only 4 games get added out of 83 chosen.

Checking the https://github.com/libretro/reicast-emulator/blob/master/core/hw/naomi/naomi_roms.h seems is best to just add the .zip files from Mame, so I will try the method explained by Brad for Demul, where he uses the bat files to extract the Naomi roms out of a complete MAME romset.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Reporting the same issue with screenshots. I use Demul as emulator.

Here is my Sammy Atomiswave roms folder:

2.thumb.jpg.055e13552f8375597e5cd94d079a1413.jpgHere is what LB detects in the importing window:

1.png.355560c7e119c09d65b1947f4939e180.pngThe AW games load fine directly through Demul. 

Example of a game LB detects: 

3.thumb.jpg.c531298230f243681698124ebd3a6f2b.jpgExample of a game LB doesn't detect:

4.thumb.jpg.93f0d784574cab9ea6e118e46b0e6cbc.jpg

Edited by vgbox

• 8 months later...
On 12/23/2019 at 5:20 PM, vgbox said:

Reporting the same issue with screenshots. I use Demul as emulator.

Here is my Sammy Atomiswave roms folder:

2.thumb.jpg.055e13552f8375597e5cd94d079a1413.jpgHere is what LB detects in the importing window:

1.png.355560c7e119c09d65b1947f4939e180.pngThe AW games load fine directly through Demul. 

Example of a game LB detects: 

3.thumb.jpg.c531298230f243681698124ebd3a6f2b.jpgExample of a game LB doesn't detect:

4.thumb.jpg.93f0d784574cab9ea6e118e46b0e6cbc.jpg

Sorry for the ressurrection but I'm in the same boat, any solution?

It apparently detects games randomly. Some have exactly the same naming structure (one word, no spaces) and one is detected and the other ignored. I'm at a loss at what can be happening here.