LaunchBox Community Forums

9.8-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

Hey Jason, I've noticed a bug with the newest betas (can't tell if it's beta 1 or beta 2). I am able to set multiple keys for each function in Big Box, but after closing Big Box, the additional keys don't save and I need to rebind them the next time I open Big Box. The keyboard automation does seem to be saving appropriately though.

On 4/3/2019 at 9:12 AM, TheNewClassics said:

Hey Jason, I've noticed a bug with the newest betas (can't tell if it's beta 1 or beta 2). I am able to set multiple keys for each function in Big Box, but after closing Big Box, the additional keys don't save and I need to rebind them the next time I open Big Box. The keyboard automation does seem to be saving appropriately though.

Thank you @TheNewClassics. Beta 3 is out now to fix the above issue.

3 hours ago, RULLUR said:

Any chance on the Gameplay Screenshots getting fixed for when a Video is playing in the Background on BigBox? I think that's the one thing that's messing with me at this point

It's on my list, but not all that high up there for the moment. It's a fairly rare situation that it actually happens I think. Either people don't notice, or it's not happening for everyone, because I haven't heard about it anywhere else. I will get it fixed, but I've got a bunch of other stuff lined up first.

• Thanks 1

So I found an issue on my Laptop that seems to be when I run MAME 0.207 and come back from it in BigBox I'm met with a black screen that I have to Windows Key and close it. Once I close that black screen I can't Launch anything else after that unless I leave BigBox.

I also noticed on my GPD Win that the cursor stutters about in movement around LaunchBox for while until it kinda brings itself to a proper speed until I stop moving it around to where the cursor starts get have a slow response yet again,

So it seems the SuperModel emulator for SEGA Model 3 is having issues in BigBox to where when I exit a game you can't do anything else you Windows Key and click BigBox in the Toolbar. I've tried hiding the console startup window and disabled the Shutdown Screen too, but still having this issue. The other issue I'm having with it is most likely not LaunchBox/BigBox related, but some games now are speeding up or catching a random slow down to where even games like Virtua Fighter 3 have even caused characters to go faceless with only the eyes showing. Not sure whoelse has experienced all these, but hopefully we as a community and with @Jason Carr's help we can maybe get this fixed

Edited by RULLUR

7 minutes ago, RULLUR said:

The other issue I'm having with it is most likely not LaunchBox/BigBox related, but some games now are speeding up or catching a random slow down to where even games like Virtua Fighter 3 have even caused characters to go faceless with only the eyes showing. Not sure whoelse has experienced all these, but hopefully we as a community and with @Jason Carr's help we can maybe get this fixed

This is a emulator issue and nothing at all to do with Launchbox/Bigbox.

5 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

This is a emulator issue and nothing at all to do with Launchbox/Bigbox.

I figured so..and have you also experienced the weird change in speed and all that in some of these Model 3 games? Not sure we have a Thread on this yet in the Forums since I'd hate to make a Thread of something already spoken of for the I-Don't-Know-How-Manyeth time without overlooking

8 minutes ago, RULLUR said:

I figured so..and have you also experienced the weird change in speed and all that in some of these Model 3 games? Not sure we have a Thread on this yet in the Forums since I'd hate to make a Thread of something already spoken of for the I-Don't-Know-How-Manyeth time without overlooking

I dont emulate model 3.

On 4/15/2019 at 7:21 AM, wallmachine said:

After deleting the folder 'Cache-LB' the images now display under 'Boxes' and all the other Image Groups too is this normal?

Most likely this is related to your image priorities. Do you have Box - Front selected for your image priority settings for those categories?

On 4/5/2019 at 8:12 AM, SpaceMidget75 said:

All I want from my pause screen is the ability to load and save game states! 

Yeah, this is a feature I would like as well. It is emulator-specific though, so it won't necessarily work for everything, but hopefully we can make it work at least for Retroarch and MAME stuff.

On 4/5/2019 at 8:19 AM, MazeGuardian said:

Any chance the pause screen would be able to show passwords for games that use passwords instead of save files?

That's a really good idea, but also quite a bit of trouble since you'll need to type in passwords for it to be useful. There's no good way to retrieve the passwords from the games automatically that I'm aware of.

14 minutes ago, SpaceMidget75 said:

Hi Jason,

Yeah, I'm pretty sure most people will be happy with MAME and RA to start with! Wonder if it could be plugin or script based?

Yeah, that's all possible. Good point; it would be relatively easy to allow you to manage an AutoHotkey script for each function.

I've brought this up before, but with pause screens on the way, now seems like a good time to make the request again.

Please - I'm begging you - allow us the ability to set a particular image (or perhaps a new image category?) as the pause screen for each rom.

If we can't easily do this as a startup screen, being able to press a button mid-game to see the controls would be the next best option.

Thank you!

asteroids-launching.jpg

On 4/5/2019 at 8:12 AM, SpaceMidget75 said:

All I want from my pause screen is the ability to load and save game states! 

Hopefully they can figure out how to send ahk key presses to the emulator.  That's all that rocketlauncher does.  There is a setup screen for your specific emulator and you just type in what the key presses are for save and load.  Example:  {F5}{down}{F5}{up}{1}{down}{1}{up}.  That sends a press of F5, and then when the emulator wants the slot number to save, it then sends a 1 keypress for that.  you can set the delay to be whatever you want in milliseconds, so there's enough of a pause in between the keypresses, and then bam, you see everything flash on the screen as if you had pressed the keys yourself, and your save goes through.