LaunchBox Community Forums

10.11-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

3 minutes ago, Thornback said:

So I just downloaded 10.11 and there is no Badge menu at the top right. What am I missing?

EDIT: It's because I'm using a custom theme, right?

Correct. If using a custom theme the creator needs to push an update with the badge changes included.

• Thanks 1

@Jason Carr or @C-Beats I just noticed an issue with the new default theme on 10.11 that when you drag the games list slider bar the games list box view does not scroll. The details slider bar does however. I also tested other LB themes like Old Default and Cranky Ape and the games list slider bar works as normal when you drag it and it scrolls through the list of games.

1 hour ago, kmoney said:

@Jason Carr or @C-Beats I just noticed an issue with the new default theme on 10.11 that when you drag the games list slider bar the games list box view does not scroll. The details slider bar does however. I also tested other LB themes like Old Default and Cranky Ape and the games list slider bar works as normal when you drag it and it scrolls through the list of games.

I actually did that on purpose for the new theme, because it doesn't exactly scroll smoothly due to the dynamic box sizing. It did work previously, it was just fairly jarring and jumpy. I just prefer it this way to avoid that stuff. I maybe should re-enable it though when dynamic box sizing is off (assuming I don't do that already).

28 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

I actually did that on purpose for the new theme, because it doesn't exactly scroll smoothly due to the dynamic box sizing. It did work previously, it was just fairly jarring and jumpy. I just prefer it this way to avoid that stuff. I maybe should re-enable it though when dynamic box sizing is off (assuming I don't do that already).

Gotcha...I was kinda thinking it must have been related to the new dynamic box sizing. I think it would be nice to have it enabled if dynamic box sizing is off. I don't use the dynamic box sizing option myself so it would be cool to have it enabled?

• Like 1

I noticed there's a "TEST" option in the latest 10.11 release.  I clicked on it wondering what it was and everything froze for about a minute and then bigbox shut down.  I wonder if that got left in there on accident or is there a test feature?  I'm a bit out of the loop.  No biggie just wanted to report it in case it should be removed.  I hope it's ok to post this here since it's after the release (didn't see much sense in creating a whole thread for it).

image.thumb.png.750a96194839cdee16cf700be042c712.png

Edited by Fry

58 minutes ago, Fry said:

I noticed there's a "TEST" option in the latest 10.11 release.  I clicked on it wondering what it was and everything froze for about a minute and then bigbox shut down.  I wonder if that got left in there on accident or is there a test feature?  I'm a bit out of the loop.  No biggie just wanted to report it in case it should be removed.  I hope it's ok to post this here since it's after the release (didn't see much sense in creating a whole thread for it).

image.thumb.png.750a96194839cdee16cf700be042c712.png

My best guess is that maybe a plugin is doing this? Do you have any plugins installed?

26 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

My best guess is that maybe a plugin is doing this? Do you have any plugins installed?

That's probably it.  I bet there's a plug-in included in some of the themes I've been playing with.  Sorry for the false alarm!

7 hours ago, Pixel said:

So... guys... what is coming in the next beta? I am already exicted :)

Not entirely sure yet what all is coming. Keep your eyes peeled. :)

6 hours ago, ALIE said:

? Denmark has been on Corona lock down since marts 12.. Some awesome LB update would definitely give me something to do ?

I hear America is doing similar steps now. How are things @Jason Carr

We're all good over here. Lots of closures but nothing that's going to get in the way of LaunchBox. Health and safety are important, but fear has blown everything way out of proportion. My main concern at this point is the economy...