LaunchBox Community Forums

10.11-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

Just tested again and the same. As you can see here no wii platform in Launchbox.

2058609484_Screenshot(334).thumb.png.a5f5d8ee164d06bd4e154403ebba0235.pngRun the tool and select videos and manuals.

732049297_Screenshot(335).thumb.png.4a9f9d34a2b1aa1fed6701bcb4c166e3.pngTool running.

1792835875_Screenshot(336).thumb.png.1009ecb10e37e34559929021044e3a1b.pngNo media to remove.

1398408688_Screenshot(337).thumb.png.bd65ad894a010e91c889a1d3c69e03a6.pngMy wii video folder is still there.

1896123588_Screenshot(338).thumb.png.779d489b61ff0426f39924205c0d0271.png

Log for that session.

Debug 2020-02-25 07-12-40 PM.log

Edit:

I should add all the images are there still also even after running the tool with images selected previously, it just takes to long to test that every time as its like a 20 minute process to scan everything.

@neil9000 That's a known issue. If you delete an entire platform, then the metadata is gone for that platform, as are the folder paths for that platform. So at that point, we don't know the folders to look for to check for unused media. We could guess and look in the default folders, but I'm afraid that could be cause for problems.

I think a better approach would be to prompt to delete media folders when you delete a platform. That's on the list.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

@neil9000 That's a known issue. If you delete an entire platform, then the metadata is gone for that platform, as are the folder paths for that platform. So at that point, we don't know the folders to look for to check for unused media. We could guess and look in the default folders, but I'm afraid that could be cause for problems.

I think a better approach would be to prompt to delete media folders when you delete a platform. That's on the list.

Yeah thanks Jason. Been chatting in the discord about it, its a misunderstanding on my part on how the Cleanup tool was designed. I totally get the wariness for just deleting folders like that, but now that you offer up the files detected as well as the checkboxes for them, maybe a "hey we detected some media folders for platforms not in your Launchbox library, would you like to also delete these?" Or similar may work there?

11 minutes ago, TheNewClassics said:

The numbering for Touhou is still the same after updating to beta 5. Wasn't sure if the latest update regarding numbering was referring to the decimals.

Can you give me the exact Title (and Sort Titles) you are using for the games you are seeing this for?

2 minutes ago, TheNewClassics said:

For example: Touhou 12.3: Hisoutensoku, Touhou 12.5: Double Dealing Character, Touhou 12.8: Fairy Wars, Touhou 12: Undefined Fantastic Object. That's the order they are showing. Not sure what the sort titles would be. 

Right click a game, hit edit. Go to the "Other" tab at the bottom of that screen,  there is a "Sort Title" field. If you didn't add one it will be blank.

@Jason Carr

is it possible to set the flags per game in the right sided detail window. at least those flags that also got badges? every time going into the game detail screen, setting the flag and press ok and wait for several seconds is bothering me.

another question is, can we get something like "no calculation" as an option compared to excel automation? so if I change something in the game detail screen and press ok, that launchbox will not update the current view until "press f5"? this makes handling way faster. I also don't know why everything needs to refresh after pressing ok in game screen details. I did not change name of the game, any sorting related things nor media files but screen needs a refresh. and every time it takes seconds.

22 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Yeah thanks Jason. Been chatting in the discord about it, its a misunderstanding on my part on how the Cleanup tool was designed. I totally get the wariness for just deleting folders like that, but now that you offer up the files detected as well as the checkboxes for them, maybe a "hey we detected some media folders for platforms not in your Launchbox library, would you like to also delete these?" Or similar may work there?

Not a bad idea. We'll probably have to come back to that at a later time though.

20 hours ago, Pixel said:

Will there be an option to download steam tags into a new field (with mulitple choice "tick")? That would be really awesome.

BTW, LB still is not downloading steam trailers.

We are currently optionally importing some Steam tags into the relevant fields (like genre for example). For this go-around though, we do not plan on adding a whole new tag system just for Steam. Per Steam trailers, every time I test it I never have any problems with it. I'll have @C-Beats review it again, but it's been working great for us in all of our testing. I know that issue goes way back, but unfortunately I'm guessing Steam is to blame for any problems at this point.

1 hour ago, Chris Kant said:

@Jason Carr

is it possible to set the flags per game in the right sided detail window. at least those flags that also got badges? every time going into the game detail screen, setting the flag and press ok and wait for several seconds is bothering me.

another question is, can we get something like "no calculation" as an option compared to excel automation? so if I change something in the game detail screen and press ok, that launchbox will not update the current view until "press f5"? this makes handling way faster. I also don't know why everything needs to refresh after pressing ok in game screen details. I did not change name of the game, any sorting related things nor media files but screen needs a refresh. and every time it takes seconds.

What do you mean by "flags per game"? I don't think we're likely to add a "no update" option because of the confusion that it's likely to cause. The logic for figuring out whether the screen needs to refresh on a minor update would be immensely complicated, considering all the fields that could change and the many different filter and arrange by options. Unfortunately we're gonna have to live with that for now.

1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

What do you mean by "flags per game"? I don't think we're likely to add a "no update" option because of the confusion that it's likely to cause. The logic for figuring out whether the screen needs to refresh on a minor update would be immensely complicated, considering all the fields that could change and the many different filter and arrange by options. Unfortunately we're gonna have to live with that for now.

the flags like game completed, hide game, portable etc. everything we can use a badge now.

and the rest: can understand that but media organisation Is currently not the prime feature of Launchbox :(

Can you do the following for me @Pixel:

Select Blasphemous
Go to Tools > Download Metadata and Media
Hit Next, Check "Prioritize Steam Metadata"
Uncheck all image types
On the last page when asked whether you want to overwrite press the top option (overwrite all)
Hit finish and let the process run

Now Navigate to Blasphemous in your collection and press edit (or CTRL-E)
In genre you should see "Action; Adventure; Indie" what do you see?

13 hours ago, C-Beats said:

Could some one else chime in as to whether they are getting similar results that Pixel is seeing. I can't replicate the issues on my end.

@C-Beats I tested the steps you posted and for Blasphemous the Genre lists only "Action". Even if I delete any existing Genre text or delete all metadata it still pulls only from what our DB has.