LaunchBox Community Forums

10.11-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

Hey all, the first 10.11 beta is out now with the following:

• New Premium Feature: A new "badges" system has been built for LaunchBox that displays badges for various things next to your games. Badges are now available for Broken, Completed, Favorite, Hidden, Multiple Discs, Multiple Versions, Portable, and Unplayed. The images can be changed and the badges can be enabled or disabled via the new Badges drop down at the top of the LaunchBox interface. Plugins can also be used to add new badges.

• Improvement: No-Intro ROMs with multiple titles (separated by the ~ character) will now use the first title as the game title for better scraping

• Fixed: Importing games will no longer skip "duplicate" games because of multiple platforms that use the same Scrape As value

Here's a preview of the new badges system:

image.thumb.png.be1ca27613fd53ee95096d9fedd89c23.pngThe new badges system knocks out two of the top 20 items from the last poll, and also makes way for the controls icons that ended up at #2 on the poll.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

As far as multiple titled games go, I have yet to try in the past to combine them and hope if in BigBox they end up listed within itself if you select one or not. So I've always kept everything separate to where it now looks like I have about 20+ of the same game listed in a Platform which can sometimes be annoying. These can be things like Regional versions or Hacked versions of a game, and even some Revisions of it as well. If this is already possible, then cool, but if not then I would really like to see that happen so things can look much more tighty, and maybe even load quicker too

The new beta version of a problem

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 10.11-beta-1
Type:    System.FormatException
Site:    Void FormatError()
Source:  mscorlib

at System.Text.StringBuilder.FormatError()
   at System.Text.StringBuilder.AppendFormatHelper(IFormatProvider provider, String format, ParamsArray args)
   at System.String.FormatHelper(IFormatProvider provider, String format, ParamsArray args)
   at System.String.Format(IFormatProvider provider, String format, Object arg0)
   at (ItemsControl )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.SideBarViewModel.BuildViewMenu(ItemsControl viewMenuItem)
   at (<>c__DisplayClass64_0 )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.SideBarViewModel.<>c__DisplayClass64_0.<ShowMenu>b__0()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.<Queue>b__0(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

Recent Log:

8:41:54 Imageloader successful: pack://application:,,,/WpfResources/Background.png
   8:41:55 Music.Prepare Start
   8:41:55 Music.Kill Start
   8:41:55 Music.Kill Finished
   8:41:55 Music.NotifyTrackList Start
   8:41:55 Music.NotifyTrackList Invoke WPF
   8:41:56 Imageloader successful: pack://application:,,,/WpfResources/Background.png
   8:41:57 Exception

Is language files, I switch to simplified Chinese language on the error. English no problem

Edited by wangstage

2 hours ago, RULLUR said:

As far as multiple titled games go, I have yet to try in the past to combine them and hope if in BigBox they end up listed within itself if you select one or not. So I've always kept everything separate to where it now looks like I have about 20+ of the same game listed in a Platform which can sometimes be annoying. These can be things like Regional versions or Hacked versions of a game, and even some Revisions of it as well. If this is already possible, then cool, but if not then I would really like to see that happen so things can look much more tighty, and maybe even load quicker too

You can combine roms per platform that have the same name in LaunchBox already. All versions found that aren't the primary entry will be listed as an additional application that you can right click in LB and play or select in Big Box (if you don't have game details skipped). Metadata like Version and Region are carried over in this process.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, wangstage said:

The new beta version of a problem

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 10.11-beta-1
Type:    System.FormatException
Site:    Void FormatError()
Source:  mscorlib

at System.Text.StringBuilder.FormatError()
   at System.Text.StringBuilder.AppendFormatHelper(IFormatProvider provider, String format, ParamsArray args)
   at System.String.FormatHelper(IFormatProvider provider, String format, ParamsArray args)
   at System.String.Format(IFormatProvider provider, String format, Object arg0)
   at (ItemsControl )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.SideBarViewModel.BuildViewMenu(ItemsControl viewMenuItem)
   at (<>c__DisplayClass64_0 )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.SideBarViewModel.<>c__DisplayClass64_0.<ShowMenu>b__0()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.<Queue>b__0(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

Recent Log:

8:41:54 Imageloader successful: pack://application:,,,/WpfResources/Background.png
   8:41:55 Music.Prepare Start
   8:41:55 Music.Kill Start
   8:41:55 Music.Kill Finished
   8:41:55 Music.NotifyTrackList Start
   8:41:55 Music.NotifyTrackList Invoke WPF
   8:41:56 Imageloader successful: pack://application:,,,/WpfResources/Background.png
   8:41:57 Exception

Is language files, I switch to simplified Chinese language on the error. English no problem

Thanks for this. There was an error in the Simplified Chinese translation that I've fixed for the next beta.

21 hours ago, xsilverfuryx said:

It would have been great to have icons for games that support achievements as well.

This would be great to add, but unfortunately the Retro Achievements API is still very limited. We currently have to run an API call for each and every game to check to see if it has achievements (which we do when games are selected), but doing it quickly for every game on-screen just isn't possible currently. We could certainly cache it, but then the badge isn't going to be accurate for games that haven't yet been cached, so that's probably not a good idea.

9 hours ago, ALIE said:

Those Badges are nice, do they show in BigBox as well? .

1+ for one for Achievement supported games if request are taken. 

I haven't added badges to Big Box yet, but they would be fairly easy to add. The issues are though:

• We need a larger set of badges that work well for Big Box
  • Theme developers would have to update their themes to support them
  • We'd need to decide where to put them

Putting the badges directly in the wheels or the text lists would be a major job, so that's probably not going to happen soon (and could also cause performance issues). It'd be fairly easy to add them to the details views though.

• Game On 1

52 minutes ago, Chris Kant said:

how can I set up the badges to be shown as in your image? badge next to the cover? I have the problem, that the badges overlapped by the cover next to the one on the right side.

I'm guessing you're not seeing them because in beta 1 they don't show up if you have dynamic box sizing disabled. I have a beta uploading that fixes this.

• Like 1

Beta 2 is out now with the following:

• Fixed: Badges were not showing up with dynamic box sizing disabled
  • Fixed: An error in the Simplified Chinese translation was causing crashes related to the updated View menu
  • Fixed: The Multiple Discs badge wasn't showing up properly for games with only two discs
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, C-Beats said:

You can combine roms per platform that have the same name in LaunchBox already. All versions found that aren't the primary entry will be listed as an additional application that you can right click in LB and play or select in Big Box (if you don't have game details skipped). Metadata like Version and Region are carried over in this process.

Cool, I'll check it out when I get a chance. Kinda felt it would just bunch them together and not so much let you pick other versions if you selected. So many cool features and options within this that I tend to overlook on various ways things can be done. Just good we have a community here that is helpful and chill about getting things pointed in the proper direction needed though