LaunchBox Community Forums

10.11-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

On 3/7/2020 at 10:17 AM, sinistron said:

Hey there,

I just tried to update my metadata and images etc and I received the following error:

"Not enough quota is available to process this command

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 10.11-beta-9
Type:    System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception
Site:    Void UpdateWindowSettings(Boolean, System.Nullable`1[System.Windows.Media.Composition.DUCE+ChannelSet])
Source:  PresentationCore

at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.UpdateWindowSettings(Boolean enableRenderTarget, Nullable`1 channelSet)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.UpdateWindowPos(IntPtr lParam)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.HandleMessage(WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.HwndTargetFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Recent Log:

9:00:09 AM Music.Prepare Start
   9:00:09 AM Music.Kill Start
   9:00:09 AM Music.Kill Finished
   9:00:09 AM Music.NotifyTrackList Start
   9:00:09 AM Music.NotifyTrackList Invoke WPF
   2:11:30 PM Exception"

image.thumb.png.84a76e373b7766cb77a0263003c50018.pngLaunchBox is currently in a frozen state and advising me it is Finishing Up with no progress.  Just wanted to send this tid bit of information off in case this will help!

sinistron.

From what I can tell, my guess is that this is just a freak Windows glitch or something. Are you able to get it to happen again?

On 3/7/2020 at 2:35 PM, bbneo said:

When importing GOG and using the option "Scan directory for Games" I get this access denied error. If I press Ok, LB closes itself.
I had to change permission on that root:\System Volume Information\ folder in order for the scan process to continue. 
Maybe the scan process can skip these system folder?

Thanks

Scan-hidden-system-folder.PNG

This is primarily because that tool is not designed to be used on the root folder of a drive. We might be able to get a fix in for it though.

12 hours ago, lockian said:

Wanted to respond in this topic to let you know that on 10.11 beta 9 I am having authentication issues with emumovies. It seems like on a fresh launch of launchbox I can get through about 3 - 4 media searches on titles before the emumovies tab tells me I am unable to authenticate. This persists until I close and reopen launchbox at which point I'm able to get through another 3 - 4 media searches.

@lockian It is possible that the SSL version change I made for beta 9 is some how messing with EmuMovies, but I can't replicate it, so I'm not sure. Can you test this again to see if it could have been a fluke or a temporary issue? What version of Windows are you running?

Also, I still need confirmation if beta 9 actually did fix the Steam metadata not downloading issue that @Belmont and @Pixel (and others) were seeing.

I was planning on putting out the release today, but it looks like we may have to delay it until tomorrow to confirm that the Steam connectivity issues are fixed, and that we don't have any further connectivity issues elsewhere as a result of the SSL version change.

Hey all, I need your help. I'd really like to put out a release today, but I need to confirm that we don't have any new connectivity issues (see @lockian and @Drodrick's issues). The last thing I want is to put out a release and cause issues for a lot of people.

Can everyone test to see if imports (especially from Steam) are working properly for them, combined with EmuMovies?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Hey all, I need your help. I'd really like to put out a release today, but I need to confirm that we don't have any new connectivity issues (see @lockian and @Drodrick's issues). The last thing I want is to put out a release and cause issues for a lot of people.

Can everyone test to see if imports (especially from Steam) are working properly for them, combined with EmuMovies?

No issues here, all fine!

• Like 1

Also @lockian, if you would, please enable debug logging under Tools > Options > Debugging and see if you can run through things to get the error and then PM me the error log (under LaunchBox\Logs). If you can also zip up and PM me your LaunchBox\Data folder, that would be a significant help as well. Thank you very much. :)

Do make sure you PM me instead of posting them here for security reasons.

@Jason Carr

I am having EmuMovies connection issues with the only cabinet in the house on the latest beta. The other machines are either on stable or beta 7 and are able to connect just fine.

EDIT:

Scratch that Jason. I reverted this machine to prior beta and Emu worked. Reinstalled latest beta and it works. I doubt it is LB related. Probably something stupid on this machine.

3 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

@lockian It is possible that the SSL version change I made for beta 9 is some how messing with EmuMovies, but I can't replicate it, so I'm not sure. Can you test this again to see if it could have been a fluke or a temporary issue? What version of Windows are you running?

Also, I still need confirmation if beta 9 actually did fix the Steam metadata not downloading issue that @Belmont and @Pixel (and others) were seeing.

I was planning on putting out the release today, but it looks like we may have to delay it until tomorrow to confirm that the Steam connectivity issues are fixed, and that we don't have any further connectivity issues elsewhere as a result of the SSL version change.

Last beta seems to have fixed it for me.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

@Jason Carr

I am having EmuMovies connection issues with the only cabinet in the house on the latest beta. The other machines are either on stable or beta 7 and are able to connect just fine.

EDIT:

Scratch that Jason. I reverted this machine to prior beta and Emu worked. Reinstalled latest beta and it works. I doubt it is LB related. Probably something stupid on this machine.

Thanks for reporting that @Retro808; here's the thing though, I'm still skeptical, and I'm betting that you were seeing the same issue as @lockian. Whatever the issue is, it appears to be sporadic, so you probably did see a legitimate issue. What was the exact error message? Any chance you can do some more testing to see if you can reproduce it again? If so, if you can enable debug logging that would be awesome.

I just put out beta 10 with some additional debug logging for connection issues. I would appreciate it if anyone who has previously experienced any connection issues with Steam imports or EmuMovies downloads could do some significant testing with this release and provide me with the debug log (turn on debug logging first of course, under Tools > Options > Debugging).

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. Hoping we can get a release out tomorrow, but first we definitely need to figure this stuff out so that we're not bitten by it with the official release. :)

Beta 11 is out now to fix a minor bug that @faeran brought to my attention with the new custom images for Big Box theme developers. Sorry for piece-mailing these betas.

Nothing has changed in this beta vs. beta 10 when it comes to the Steam/EmuMovies connectivity issues; we still need as much testing as possible on that. :)

Hey guys, 

I just wanted to let you guys know about a particular GOG game that's having trouble getting the right metadata and poster. Quest for Glory 1 and 4 both use the Quest for Glory 1 poster and are labelled as Quest for Glory 4 1/2. Is there any way for that to be fixed?

Thanks to @lockian's log that he sent me, I believe I was able to get the issue with EmuMovies fixed. We were using an old EmuMovies DLL that was compiled against .NET 2.0, which apparently has issues on some systems when using TLS (unless there's a certain Windows update installed). I've integrated the code instead so that it all runs on .NET 4.7.2, which should hopefully fix that particular issue.

I do still have a report from @dustdancer, however, that beta 9 broke Steam imports, which I also need to figure out. Details here:

Ugh, so this has been a bit of a nightmare. I blame Microsoft. ;)

Beta 13 is out now, with yet another round of hopeful fixes for the various connectivity issues. I was finally able to replicate the issues, and they seem to have gone away now, so hopefully this one will do the trick.

I really appreciate all the testing, guys. If you can beat this one up as well, I'd be grateful.

Hey @Jason Carr

It crashed after downloading all of the metadata etc again.  Did not get a crash error, program just stopped responding and forced me to close it.  I just wanted to advise that I do have a very large collection as well (Approximately 14000 roms). So I'm unsure if that would be taken into account that it is crashing like that with all of the information it would've scrapped.

sinistron.

2 hours ago, sinistron said:

Hey @Jason Carr

It crashed after downloading all of the metadata etc again.  Did not get a crash error, program just stopped responding and forced me to close it.  I just wanted to advise that I do have a very large collection as well (Approximately 14000 roms). So I'm unsure if that would be taken into account that it is crashing like that with all of the information it would've scrapped.

sinistron.

If you're closing it yourself, it may have just been busy. Did that happen at the end of the process?