LaunchBox Community Forums

10.11-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

Thanks @Pixel. Beta 9 is out now with a hopeful fix for those who were unable to access Steam metadata. Steam's web servers require at least TLS version 1.2, and apparently some systems for whatever reason were choosing to use outdated versions of TLS by default. We're now forcing TLS 1.2 for the Steam API calls; hopefully that fixes the issue.

2 minutes ago, Neo8x said:

Hello, when I delete a game in Launchbox, it doesn't delete from my HD. I have however checked the box.

Thanks in advance

What platform? LaunchBox never removes games from your hard drive without prompting, and will only prompt to delete ROM files. It can't uninstall Windows games, for example.

9 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

What platform? LaunchBox never removes games from your hard drive without prompting, and will only prompt to delete ROM files. It can't uninstall Windows games, for example.

I'm on windows 10 (x64). I want to delete a Genesis Rom. The rom is deleted from Launchbox but remains on my hard drive. I checked the box in option. The problem has been happening for only a few days. Before I didn't have this problem

11 minutes ago, Neo8x said:

I'm on windows 10 (x64). I want to delete a Genesis Rom. The rom is deleted from Launchbox but remains on my hard drive. I checked the box in option. The problem has been happening for only a few days. Before I didn't have this problem

Are you being prompted to delete the game like this?

image.png.293d186b5dfda6c3c266d655c0118cfc.png

Just now, Neo8x said:

I'm using 10.11 beta 9

I'm not sure why that's happening. Your settings file looks fine. I tested beta 9 myself and I don't have that issue. All I can figure is that maybe LaunchBox isn't recognizing the platform as a ROM-based platform, and thus not offering to delete the ROM? Four criteria have to be met in order for LaunchBox to prompt to delete the ROM:

• The "Allow Deleting ROM Files" setting needs to be checked (and it is in your settings file)
  • The "Application Path" in the game needs to not be empty
  • The game must have an emulator associated with it
  • The ROM file must exist

I'm assuming at least one of those criteria are not met. It's also possible that it's a file permissions issue and LaunchBox doesn't have access to the file, for one reason or another.

8 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

I'm not sure why that's happening. Your settings file looks fine. I tested beta 9 myself and I don't have that issue. All I can figure is that maybe LaunchBox isn't recognizing the platform as a ROM-based platform, and thus not offering to delete the ROM? Four criteria have to be met in order for LaunchBox to prompt to delete the ROM:

• The "Allow Deleting ROM Files" setting needs to be checked (and it is in your settings file)
  • The "Application Path" in the game needs to not be empty
  • The game must have an emulator associated with it
  • The ROM file must exist

I'm assuming at least one of those criteria are not met. It's also possible that it's a file permissions issue and LaunchBox doesn't have access to the file, for one reason or another.

Tomorrow I reinstall everything and keep you posted

@Jason Carr Hey Jason, this doesn't pertain to the current beta itself but is something I have noticed in LB that is maybe something you can easily fix in the next beta?? 

1. Open LB and click on any game that has music or video that has audio with it.

2. Minimize LB, notice the audio mutes. 

3. Go down to the Windows taskbar and click on LB to re-open it. The audio resumes as it should.

Say you clicked on LB by mistake, so you click it again in the taskbar to minimize it back

LB does minimize back, but the audio doesn't mute. You have to open it again and click on the minimize button on LB to get it to mute the audio...

Maybe it an easy fix?

I hope this makes sense...lol

Hey there,

I just tried to update my metadata and images etc and I received the following error:

"Not enough quota is available to process this command

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 10.11-beta-9
Type:    System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception
Site:    Void UpdateWindowSettings(Boolean, System.Nullable`1[System.Windows.Media.Composition.DUCE+ChannelSet])
Source:  PresentationCore

at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.UpdateWindowSettings(Boolean enableRenderTarget, Nullable`1 channelSet)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.UpdateWindowPos(IntPtr lParam)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.HandleMessage(WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.HwndTargetFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Recent Log:

9:00:09 AM Music.Prepare Start
   9:00:09 AM Music.Kill Start
   9:00:09 AM Music.Kill Finished
   9:00:09 AM Music.NotifyTrackList Start
   9:00:09 AM Music.NotifyTrackList Invoke WPF
   2:11:30 PM Exception"

image.thumb.png.84a76e373b7766cb77a0263003c50018.pngLaunchBox is currently in a frozen state and advising me it is Finishing Up with no progress.  Just wanted to send this tid bit of information off in case this will help!

sinistron.

When importing GOG and using the option "Scan directory for Games" I get this access denied error. If I press Ok, LB closes itself.
I had to change permission on that root:\System Volume Information\ folder in order for the scan process to continue. 
Maybe the scan process can skip these system folder?

Thanks

Scan-hidden-system-folder.PNG

When I try to download media images I get this error: "Error downloading media extensions" and "Unable to connect to the remote server", i verified antivirus and antimalware, does anybody have the same issue or just me?image.png   

image.png

Edited by Drodrick

Wanted to respond in this topic to let you know that on 10.11 beta 9 I am having authentication issues with emumovies. It seems like on a fresh launch of launchbox I can get through about 3 - 4 media searches on titles before the emumovies tab tells me I am unable to authenticate. This persists until I close and reopen launchbox at which point I'm able to get through another 3 - 4 media searches.

2 hours ago, lockian said:

Wanted to respond in this topic to let you know that on 10.11 beta 9 I am having authentication issues with emumovies. It seems like on a fresh launch of launchbox I can get through about 3 - 4 media searches on titles before the emumovies tab tells me I am unable to authenticate. This persists until I close and reopen launchbox at which point I'm able to get through another 3 - 4 media searches.

Your issue can be related with mine, so im just dowloading fromn the LB game database, i dont use emumovies, can you download normally from the database, non-emumovies download?

6 hours ago, Drodrick said:

When I try to download media images I get this error: "Error downloading media extensions" and "Unable to connect to the remote server", i verified antivirus and antimalware, does anybody have the same issue or just me?image.png   

image.png

Sorry community, issue fixed!? ,when you get those errors: "Error downloading media extensions" and "Unable to connect to the remote server",, and you verified your firewall, antivirus exceptions and receive the same error, make sure you are not connected to a proxy, both internet explorer a windows proxy settings, I had a proxy installed and I did not know it, I disabled it, now scrapping return to life! ?

On 3/7/2020 at 4:45 AM, Wanderer189 said:

@Jason Carr Hey Jason, this doesn't pertain to the current beta itself but is something I have noticed in LB that is maybe something you can easily fix in the next beta?? 

1. Open LB and click on any game that has music or video that has audio with it.

2. Minimize LB, notice the audio mutes. 

3. Go down to the Windows taskbar and click on LB to re-open it. The audio resumes as it should.

Say you clicked on LB by mistake, so you click it again in the taskbar to minimize it back

LB does minimize back, but the audio doesn't mute. You have to open it again and click on the minimize button on LB to get it to mute the audio...

Maybe it an easy fix?

I hope this makes sense...lol

Thanks for the report. I won't be fixing it for 10.11 (too close to the release), but we'll put it on our list.