LaunchBox Community Forums

10.11-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

43 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Do either of you have a firewall on that may be stopping LaunchBox from communicating via http? Curious why neither of you can connect to Steam through LaunchBox but you can via web browser.

No. Tested on 3 cabinets and all the same. One was even tested using my secondary office connection at home. Same result.

21 minutes ago, jason_bell said:

newbie here. purchased a license to launchbox. where can i download and test the beta?

Nvm found it. To update to beta releases, go to Tools -> Options -> Updates and check "Update to Beta Releases".

It's always a good idea to edit your post with your solution in case someone encounters the same thing in future and can find it easily on the forum using a search. Kudos!

Hey geys.  Just wanted to point out a potential alphanumerical sorting issue that's only specific to only LaunchBox, not BigBox. Here are the images I've captured because pictures speak 1,000 words:

Capture (Audit).JPG

Capture (Series).JPG

Capture.JPG

As you can see, when looking through the filters, the word "The" is still in the T section meaning that alphanumerical sorting isn't functioning for the filters view in LaunchBox. In this example, the issue occurs within the Series and Developer filter. The same issue is shown when selecting the Audit tool. The platform is the Sega Genesis in this example.

I'm requesting if you guys could please fix the alphanumerical sorting issues for all filters and the audit views. Thanks guys!

Edited by Beatlemaniac19

On 2/28/2020 at 7:49 AM, crispy4000 said:

Might have been asked already, but is there (/will there) be a way to autogen a playlist of installed games? 

It has not been added yet, but we can at least get the Installed field into auto-populated playlists so you can create them.

On 2/28/2020 at 12:53 PM, rockohoward said:

Loving all the new Steam import updates. My only wish is that the import wizard would allow you to choose the platform to install to instead of Windows. I have a Steam Platform on my set up and constantly having to change it is a bit annoying.

This probably won't be added for the next release, but noted. Steam isn't really a platform, so we generally recommend using Windows and then you can easily create an auto-populated Steam playlist underneath it. I know everyone has their preferences though.

On 2/29/2020 at 5:06 AM, Beatlemaniac19 said:

As you can see, when looking through the filters, the word "The" is still in the T section meaning that alphanumerical sorting isn't functioning for the filters view in LaunchBox. In this example, the issue occurs within the Series and Developer filter. The same issue is shown when selecting the Audit tool. The platform is the Sega Genesis in this example.

I'm requesting if you guys could please fix the alphanumerical sorting issues for all filters and the audit views. Thanks guys!

The filters and audit views are currently using a more basic sorting algorithm, yes. I'll add that to the list.

• Like 1

Beta 6 is out now with the following:

• New Feature: The GOG import process has been overhauled with support for both installed and uninstalled games, as well as the same "Installed" field and features that were added for Steam

• New Feature: Poster and screenshot images as well as game metadata can now be downloaded directly from GOG for your GOG games, both in the GOG import process and the Download Metadata and Media wizard. The same prioritization options as Steam are also available. Metadata from GOG is available for Developer, Publisher, Genre, Notes, Release Date, Rating, and Series.

• New Feature: You can now launch your GOG games through the GOG Galaxy client in order to allow use of features that the client offers such as cloud saves and achievement tracking. You can enable or disable this setting under Tools > Options > Integrations > GOG.

• Improvement: Theme developers can now both rotate and curve wheels in all directions in Big Box (both in the vertical and the horizontal wheel views). This is achieved via the CurveAmount and RotationAmount properties on the FlowControl, using negative values for opposite directions.

• Improvement: Big Box theme developers can now use custom image types in the wheels/CoverFlow for their themes

• Improvement: The Big Box theme development documentation (LaunchBox\Themes\Documentation.pdf) has been updated with new bindings and properties

• Improvement: Controller support has been added for Direct Input racing and flying devices

• Fixed: When prioritizing North America in the MAME Arcade full-set importer, Hispanic games were occasionally being prioritized over USA games

• Fixed: Images were not always refreshing properly after running Download Metadata and Media wizard

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

First, is there an indicator yet (like the multiple sheet of paper icon or curled page corner) to indicate when games are grouped together so you know it isn't just one game?

Is there any performance hit to be aware of with this version for older machines, especially the badges?

Thanks for the big additions LB team. One thing I've noticed is that after I imported my GOG games, there's no option for "Play" in BB for those games. 

Another question I had. For the "Installed" Badge, does LB check if the game is installed on each startup of LB? Or is it just based initially on the status when the import is done?

Decimal numbering looks to be fixed for Touhou. Thanks again guys!

Edited by TheNewClassics

58 minutes ago, FlightRisk said:

First, is there an indicator yet (like the multiple sheet of paper icon or curled page corner) to indicate when games are grouped together so you know it isn't just one game?

Is there any performance hit to be aware of with this version for older machines, especially the badges?

Yes, that's what the new badge system shows. You can also change the image .png to ones more to your liking. \Launchbox\Images\Badges

On 1/30/2020 at 4:40 PM, Jason Carr said:

New Premium Feature: A new "badges" system has been built for LaunchBox that displays badges for various things next to your games. Badges are now available for Broken, Completed, Favorite, Hidden, Multiple Discs, Multiple Versions, Portable, and Unplayed. The images can be changed and the badges can be enabled or disabled via the new Badges drop down at the top of the LaunchBox interface. Plugins can also be used to add new badges.

Screen Shot 2020-03-03 at 6.44.20 PM.png

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, FlightRisk said:

Yes there are badges for "Multiple Versions" and Steam/GOG both have their own badges and will display if ANY version of the game uses that storefront.

1 hour ago, FlightRisk said:

There is a new start up process that will attempt to update Steam/GOG games "Installed" flag, as well as an attempt to correctly associate any games already imported AS a GOG game. In our testing this had negligable affect on the start up time. In my testing approx. 8000 titles were affected by one of the new start up processes and it out of 20 tests it on average added 30ms to my load time, 52ms was the biggest increase. I would like to think slower/older hardware would not have a noticeable increase but would love to hear input as to whether that is the case if you anyone notices while testing. Built-in badges shouldn't vary your performance much at all as they all check readily cached data to display and are only added first time the game appears (so it isn't recalculated every frame).

35 minutes ago, TheNewClassics said:

Another question I had. For the "Installed" Badge, does LB check if the game is installed on each startup of LB? Or is it just based initially on the status when the import is done?

There is a process on launch that checks all Steam games and GOG games install state automatically. Anything else at this point is a manual flag.

37 minutes ago, TheNewClassics said:

Decimal numbering looks to be fixed for Touhou. Thanks again guys!

Very glad to hear. Thanks for letting us know.

• Like 1

Did you use the GOG import tool or another method of adding it to your library?

When you edit the game what is the application path set to?

I do see that games with missing app path are not displaying with the play option in Big Box. It isn't a great solution I admit, but until the fix gets put in you CAN use the controller automation "play" and the title will launch appropriately if you "skip game detail" screen (again in the options of Big Box). I will see what it causing the issue and get it corrected.

Thanks for reporting it, much appreciated.

Would it be possible at all to improve the search functionality such that when you start typing a game’s title Launchbox will select the correct entry? Similar to how it works on Windows.

At present, it will accept the first letter only which can be a limitation with larger collections. 

2 hours ago, TheNewClassics said:

I used the GOG import tool. I noticed that on both games that I added using the GOG import tool, there is no application listed for the games when I go into edit. 

In the import tool did anything appear in the "Folder" column? I would guess that the process was unable to locate the executable for that game. Could you confirm the following for me?

What is the name of a title having this issue (2-3 would be helpful if possible)?
Did the folder column have any information in it during import?
Are these games actually installed on your computer?
Does GOG Galaxy see these games as being installed on your computer?